Share
Go down
Heca
Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-06-30

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm
Nothing for me thus far, by email or on the system. I vaguely recall some talk of end of this/early next week being when the bulk of the offers are sent out; perhaps they're dripfeeding them as and when they go through each one.
slow123
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-07-10

Re: Interviews

on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am
goahead wrote:
slow123 wrote:Hi, everyone! Just want to share.

Just got an official offer from TO.

Good luck for you

Hope you are the next Very Happy

Congrats slow123!

Is your official offer sent by email or by a message in EC account?

Hi goahead, the message is in my ECAS inbox.
goahead
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-06-29

Re: Interviews

on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 am
slow123 wrote:
goahead wrote:
slow123 wrote:Hi, everyone! Just want to share.

Just got an official offer from TO.

Good luck for you

Hope you are the next Very Happy

Congrats slow123!

Is your official offer sent by email or by a message in EC account?

Hi goahead,  the message is in my ECAS inbox.

Hi slow123 Thanks. Gook luck with your traineeship! Very Happy
slow123
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-07-10

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am
goahead wrote:
slow123 wrote:
goahead wrote:
slow123 wrote:Hi, everyone! Just want to share.

Just got an official offer from TO.

Good luck for you

Hope you are the next Very Happy

Congrats slow123!

Is your official offer sent by email or by a message in EC account?

Hi goahead,  the message is in my ECAS inbox.

Hi slow123 Thanks. Gook luck with your traineeship! Very Happy
Thx goahead, hope you are the next one.
bilgeyis
Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:43 pm
Guys, don't all applicants have one single inbox? I am slightly confused with different inboxes that people post in this forum.(like ECAS etc..) I thought messages of progress arrive only to our general ec page (via personal email with a request to check our ec traineeship account)..
Heca
Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-06-30

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:09 pm
bilgeyis wrote:Guys, don't all applicants have one single inbox? I am slightly confused with different inboxes that people post in this forum.(like ECAS etc..) I thought messages of progress arrive only to our general ec page (via personal email with a request to check our ec traineeship account)..
We do - ECAS is the name of the page the traineeship account is on! Still nothing on it for me, though I know I was selected; my housemate did however receive a confirmation from her team saying she was successful, so I reckon they're just ironing out the final details etc.
aryo
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:30 am
Hey, when did the email addresses become available in your account? They only appeared in mine this Tuesday, 11 July, so after reading on the forum that some candidates started lobbying even before the results were out or that others were already selected, I quickly sent emails to my top 3 preferences without hearing back.

I only got a reply today from one, which was not in my top 3 - does this mean I am only a back-up? or is it just a confirmation receipt? the new cut-off date, Sept, seems scary for planning purposes. At this stage I'm unsure if I should lobby with the DGs using other contacts on the website, although it seems pointless/unfair since we were given a full list of emails to use for this purpose. What do you think? Also, can we be considered for DGs if they're not in our top preferences?

As the selection of candidates is under way, we are not in a position at this stage to be able to guarantee a traineeship in this Directorate General. If you pass the final selection stage, the Traineeships Office will send you a contract for a traineeship either with us or in another Directorate General. If, however, you have not received any answer by September, for the period beginning in October, you may consider that your application has not been successful.
pjb35
Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:13 pm
Hi aryo,

The e-mails appeared in my account about a week after being given the results of the eligibility check. Personally I stopped lobbying about 1,5 weeks ago, since I've heard that DGs choose their interns within two weeks of the Blue Book becoming official, but don't quote me on that one.

As for your last question, yes it is definitely possible, I received an offer today from DG MARE, which wasn't one of my top three choices, but was one that I lobbied as a back-up.

Does anyone know whether the offer that comes through on ECAS is the final one, or whether other DGs might also make an offer through there and then I'll get to choose? I remember reading somewhere that more than one DGs can reserve a candidate and then it's the candidates choice...
GwladysF
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:53 am
Hello guys,

anybody still waiting for the official offer here?

I wrote the HR department to ask what happened with my file because I got no news so far despite being told that I was reserved by one DG and they just needed the confirmation by DG EAC. I will still wait for today but I already lost hope Rolling Eyes
Nensi
Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-04-12

Re: Interviews

on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Hi Gwladys, I am also waiting! Smile

I have been reserved in the BB by one of my choices and they told me to wait for an offer from the TO.

Guess the process is still undergoing! Hopefully! Smile

aryo
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 pm
I only started lobbying today. Might be a bit too late for the party Sad
GwladysF
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:23 pm
Hello Nensi, good to know!
slow123
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-07-10

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm
Will it be over for the October 2017 today? Because my friend told me the application for March 2018 will be open at tomorrow noon (Time in Belgium).
GwladysF
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 pm
slow123 wrote:Will it be over for the October 2017 today? Because my friend told me the application for March 2018 will be open at tomorrow noon (Time in Belgium).

It was actually supposed to be open from today but the opening has been delayed. Concerning applications for March 2018 session, the EC traineeship homepage shows this:

"The window for submitting applications has been delayed, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check back regularly, as we are working to open it as soon as possible."

So I wonder whether they are still working on October 2017 session?
slow123
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-07-10

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm
GwladysF wrote:
slow123 wrote:Will it be over for the October 2017 today? Because my friend told me the application for March 2018 will be open at tomorrow noon (Time in Belgium).

It was actually supposed to be open from today but the opening has been delayed. Concerning applications for March 2018 session, the EC traineeship homepage shows this:

"The window for submitting applications has been delayed, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check back regularly, as we are working to open it as soon as possible."

So I wonder whether they are still working on October 2017 session?

Thank you GwladysF. I just confirmed with my friend, in the system:

"The application forms are not yet open and will open in the following period: 18/07/2017 (12:00, Brussels time) - 31/08/2017 (12:00, Brussels time)"

So, I think maybe today is the final time for October 2017.
GwladysF
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:29 pm
slow123 wrote:
GwladysF wrote:
slow123 wrote:Will it be over for the October 2017 today? Because my friend told me the application for March 2018 will be open at tomorrow noon (Time in Belgium).

It was actually supposed to be open from today but the opening has been delayed. Concerning applications for March 2018 session, the EC traineeship homepage shows this:

"The window for submitting applications has been delayed, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check back regularly, as we are working to open it as soon as possible."

So I wonder whether they are still working on October 2017 session?

Thank you GwladysF. I just confirmed with my friend, in the system:

"The application forms are not yet open and will open in the following period: 18/07/2017 (12:00, Brussels time) - 31/08/2017 (12:00, Brussels time)"

So, I think maybe today is the final time for October 2017.

Yes; but on Friday the system still showed 17/07/2017 - 31/08/2017, then today they changed it to 18/07/2017 - 31/08/2017 Razz

But (if it is not already finished) it will finish soon in any case!
slow123
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-07-10

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 pm
GwladysF wrote:
slow123 wrote:
GwladysF wrote:
slow123 wrote:Will it be over for the October 2017 today? Because my friend told me the application for March 2018 will be open at tomorrow noon (Time in Belgium).

It was actually supposed to be open from today but the opening has been delayed. Concerning applications for March 2018 session, the EC traineeship homepage shows this:

"The window for submitting applications has been delayed, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check back regularly, as we are working to open it as soon as possible."

So I wonder whether they are still working on October 2017 session?
Haha~~~ you got it. EC seems like capricious jocolor jocolor jocolor

Thank you GwladysF. I just confirmed with my friend, in the system:

"The application forms are not yet open and will open in the following period: 18/07/2017 (12:00, Brussels time) - 31/08/2017 (12:00, Brussels time)"

So, I think maybe today is the final time for October 2017.

Yes; but on Friday the system still showed 17/07/2017 - 31/08/2017, then they changed today Razz

But (if it is not already finished) it will finish soon in any case!
Erik1986
Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-07-17

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 pm
Hi guys,

congrats to all of you who made it! I am new here and was wondering if a FB group has already been created? If so, could someone please share the link? Thanks a lot!
rl19
Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-07-12

Re: Interviews

on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm
Just a quick question guys - have you received an official offer? I received a message from the Traineeship Office and there were no instructions - just basically informing me that I was selected. Only a contact email if o do not wish the traineeship anymore. Do I just wait or is there any way I should accept the position? And congrats to you all!Smile
JudyM
Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-07-14

Re: Interviews

on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:36 pm
Just asked the Traineeship Office the very same question... they did not really answer my question but they said that another confirmation is on the way and everything will be explained in that. But whether it is coming by post or through the website is still a mystery.
Manana
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-18

Re: Interviews

on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:49 pm
Hi people. I am a non-EU applicant and wondering if somebody from outside the Union have already received an official offer from TO (or an official rejection)? I was interviewed two weeks ago and then received a confirmation from a DG that my candidature was submitted to TO for a "verification". Since then I've heard nothing, and I am honestly a bit pissed off, cause it lasts already too long. Is anybody else in the same boat?
lu_cette
Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-24

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 am
Manana wrote:Hi people. I am a non-EU applicant and wondering if somebody from outside the Union have already received an official offer from TO (or an official rejection)? I was interviewed two weeks ago and then received a confirmation from a DG that my candidature was submitted to TO for a "verification". Since then I've heard nothing, and I am honestly a bit pissed off, cause it lasts already too long. Is anybody else in the same boat?

Hi I am also a non-eu applicant still waiting for my offer email. Friday I had a confirmation from the HR of the DG that i was selected and that i will be receiving an offer letter shortly.. so im just patiently waiting... Hoping to get something by friday or early next week... Do you know if you have been selected for sure?
Nensi
Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-04-12

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am
Hi guys! I'm in the same situation as you Manana and Lu_cette. Due to a severe competition, I am starting to think that being reserved in the BB might not be enough for the offer. The TO wrote me to check regularly the stage online account as all information, including the message of selected candidates, or the placement offers, will be displayed there. If there are no news till Friday, I will write the the HR and Unit to ask for any info.
omark
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-06

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:27 am
Hi lu_cette, did you also get a message on your stages online account or it was this e-mail from the hr you mentioned?
Manana
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-18

Re: Interviews

on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 pm
lu_cette wrote:
Manana wrote:Hi people. I am a non-EU applicant and wondering if somebody from outside the Union have already received an official offer from TO (or an official rejection)? I was interviewed two weeks ago and then received a confirmation from a DG that my candidature was submitted to TO for a "verification". Since then I've heard nothing, and I am honestly a bit pissed off, cause it lasts already too long. Is anybody else in the same boat?

Hi I am also a non-eu applicant still waiting for my offer email. Friday I had a confirmation from the HR of the DG that i was selected and that i will be receiving an offer letter shortly.. so im just patiently waiting... Hoping to get something by friday or early next week... Do you know if you have been selected for sure?

Hi lu_cette, no, I am not sure at all. That's why I also asked if somebody received rejections. But it seems that a lot of people are still waiting for the final decision...Good luck to all and congrats to those with official offers!
Monicaa
Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-06-14

Re: Interviews

on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:21 am
Hey,
Did anybody receive an offer from DG ECHO or DG DEVCO?
bilgeyis
Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

Re: Interviews

on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:43 am
Did anybody receive rejection e-mail?
Monicaa
Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-06-14

Re: Interviews

on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:43 pm
Heyyy, selection is not over!
I just got a call today from DG Budget asking if I was interested in them even if they were not between my choices.
omark
Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-01-06

Re: Interviews

on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:39 am
Is anyone of you guys here chosen for Unit A.5 of DG AGRI (dealing with enlargement and neighborhood) ? I'd have a small question Smile
aryo
Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-07-13

Re: Interviews

on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:59 pm
Hey, has anyone received more than one offer in their online account (at the same time or after declining one)? I was given a week to accept an offer with a department which wasn't among my top choices and without having an interview, but at the same time I wouldn't want to miss a chance of interning with the EC. But then, if the opportunity arises to intern with the department of my choice, I wouldn't be considered if I accept this offer. Not sure if we only get one chance. Thank you.
Sponsored content

Re: Interviews

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum