Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Call for results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
winston_smith



Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Heyy just got into the Forum!

I am also non-EU and so far, I didn't receive any final official offers. However, I was called and told by the service with whom I had an interview that I was shortlisted by them on Monday 31. Moreover, they asked me to wait a little longer for an official offer from the TO (I don't know if you also felt the same but I kind of feel like for non-EU citizens, there is a longer procedure or perhaps a thorough security check etc before accepting them).

Yesterday, I finally got a non-automated (or at least, more informative than usual) response from the TO:

The selection of trainees by DGs and services is still on-going.
While the Traineeships Office shall ensure the proper functioning of the entire selection process, the responsibility for the final selection of trainees lies on the DGs and services.
The Traineeships Office only receives a list with the selected candidates and sends the placement offers.
The Traineeships Office is not informed of the contacts between DGs/Services and candidates.

We take this opportunity to remind you that all contacts you had with DGs/Services during the selection phase shall not be regarded as commitments.
Your recruitment becomes final only once the Traineeships Office has sent you the placement offer. You will be informed in your Stage online account.
If selected, you will receive only one placement offer.

In case you are not selected, you will indeed receive a notification in your Stage online account.


The last phrase solved a quite annoying dilemma that I've been through, that is, whether to apply for the next session now or not. At least, if it's not false as many other things we've been told by the Office, we will be informed of our final status, though the info may come any late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winston_smith



Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:27 pm

amelia_25 wrote:
Papillon7747 wrote:
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!


Hi, yes I am non-EU and received an offer from the TO !

btw Amelia, may I ask you when exactly you got the offer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amelia_25



Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:54 am

Hi ! I received it on 19th of July but some people I know even got it a couple of days ago so maybe the process is still in progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu_cette



Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Papillon7747 wrote:
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!


Hi! non eu member here! i received my official offer this morning. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 pm

@lu_cette, may I ask for whic DG you got your offer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu_cette



Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 pm

bilgeyis wrote:
@lu_cette, may I ask for whic DG you got your offer?

I was place with DG ECFIN and will be working in Luxembourg. It was one of my three choices. Are you still waiting on an offer? what were your choices?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 pm

@lu-cette, yup I am still waiting from DG Research and Innovation.. they recently contacted me f I was interested, but no news so far( Congrats on your offer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu_cette



Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 pm

bilgeyis wrote:
@lu-cette, yup I am still waiting from DG Research and Innovation.. they recently contacted me f I was interested, but no news so far( Congrats on your offer!

Thanks! im sure you will get an offer very soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks dear !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juli.xiang



Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:29 am

lu_cette wrote:
Papillon7747 wrote:
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!


Hi! non eu member here! i received my official offer this morning. Good Luck!

@lu_cette: have you been contacted by your unit before they sent you the offer? If yes, may I ask how long ago was it? I was contacted by a unit a week ago and have been told the offer would follow "in the coming weeks"....Just wondering how many weeks do they usually mean LOL:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu_cette



Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 pm

juli.xiang wrote:
lu_cette wrote:
Papillon7747 wrote:
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!


Hi! non eu member here! i received my official offer this morning. Good Luck!

@lu_cette: have you been contacted by your unit before they sent you the offer? If yes, may I ask how long ago was it? I was contacted by a unit a week ago and have been told the offer would follow "in the coming weeks"....Just wondering how many weeks do they usually mean LOL:)

Hi!

Yes i was contacted by the unit the day the preselection results came out so four weeks ago. They said they wanted to put me in the shortlist and if i was interested. I said yes so they said ok and that was it. I had another interview with another directorate but i had already been booked by ECFIN so they couldnt book me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tennieola



Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 am

Hi..

Anyone received an offer from PMO?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juli.xiang



Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 am

lu_cette wrote:
juli.xiang wrote:
lu_cette wrote:
Papillon7747 wrote:
Hi!
Just a quick question: has anyone from non-EU country received an official offer from the Traineeship Office?
Thank you in advance for your feedback!


Hi! non eu member here! i received my official offer this morning. Good Luck!

@lu_cette: have you been contacted by your unit before they sent you the offer? If yes, may I ask how long ago was it? I was contacted by a unit a week ago and have been told the offer would follow "in the coming weeks"....Just wondering how many weeks do they usually mean LOL:)

Hi!

Yes i was contacted by the unit the day the preselection results came out so four weeks ago. They said they wanted to put me in the shortlist and if i was interested. I said yes so they said ok and that was it. I had another interview with another directorate but i had already been booked by ECFIN so they couldnt book me...

Thank you @lu_cette! I really hope it wouldn't take them a whole 4 weeks again...Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:04 am

I am wondeing if they sent our rejection notifications too? Anyone heard?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am

out*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winston_smith



Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:01 pm

bilgeyis wrote:
I am wondeing if they sent our rejection notifications too? Anyone heard?

Hey,

As I previously stated (above), they've told me that we were going to be notified in case we aren't offered a traineeship for this session. But they haven't given me any dates about it and personally, I expect it to come no earlier than late August.

Btw I'm also still waiting for any news regarding my traineeship, as I was also asked to wait by my contact. Pff too annoying bom ...

Anyway, congrats to all those who succeeded to get into the traineeship programme and good luck to those who wait for any sign (incl. me! Rolling Eyes ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ismaelamur



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-14

PostSubject: Late traineeship offer?!?   Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Hello guys Smile
My name is Maria Ismaela and I applied for the Blue Book Traineeship, October 2017 session. I was preselected and I got called by 3 different offices between July and now, the last office called me last Thursday. The problem is, I still see no offer lol! I had these 3 interviews but the offer should have arrived in July according to the official timespan. I emailed the traineeship office and they got back to me saying that some offices are still picking their trainees. No message on my personal profile, of any kind. Any of you experiencing the same? Thank you very much!!
Cheers,

Maria Ismaela
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi @ismaleamur, I am in similar position. Also no sign from the TO... and I urgently need to know. Have you contacted TO office recently? I am asking because I also wanted to write them an email...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ismaelamur



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi @bilgeyis I emailed the TO about 2 weeks ago, they got back to me one hour later saying that some offices are still selecting their candidates, and that anyways the interviews should not be regarded as binding.

Ofc I know that interviews themselves do not imply you'll receive an offer, but I'm starting to feel very frustrated, also beacuse it's been over 5 months since I ended my last job and I rejected other offers beacuse I wanted a Blue Book Traineeship. Did you have many interviews? And when?

I come from the United Nations system which is really different, offices select you and make you offers as they like. But it's my first time applying to the Blue Book Traineeship so I really don't know what to do. If I don't get the Blue Book Traineeship I'll be stuck at home without a job for months to come, and I already lost 5 months doing nothing, so this perspective is frightening at a minimum.
I hope to hear from them soon.

Hope it helped!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winston_smith



Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi, unfortunately I am also in a similar (or more desperate Embarassed ) situation and I don't think there is much we can do but to wait. If you'd like to pressure them, the best way would be to e-mail the HR with whom you contacted for an interview and tell them that you have limited time, other things/jobs to consider etc. Doing so may quicken the process but be careful, if you push too hard, there is the risk that they think 'oh, this candidate seems to be out now, let's try the next', but I'm sure you can make the balance Smile

Btw I do have the feeling that despite what they might have told us on the phone (that we're their primary choice, that we should wait for a couple of days or weeks etc), they might actually said it to keep us in the list, just in case their 'real primary choices' sell them out. So I already started my preparations for the next session and will send it by late August and meanwhile accept another internship offer for the fall. Can't wait for them afterwards..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:01 pm

for me it was this: I have not had a single call or interview, until 10 days ago that one of the DG's asked via email whether I was interested to join them, however notified me that it was just an inquiry Nd not an offer. Then they asked about one detail in my cv and dissappeared.. then I called them myself anf they said that HR is dealing with my profile.. I also need yo know Asap as I am still studying and need to know whether to make my semester passive, book tickets etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Also any of you here from non EU countries? Because I think non EU recruitment takes much longer time.. p.s I am non EU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ismaelamur



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:10 pm

winston_smith wrote:
Hi, unfortunately I am also in a similar (or more desperate Embarassed ) situation and I don't think there is much we can do but to wait. If you'd like to pressure them, the best way would be to e-mail the HR with whom you contacted for an interview and tell them that you have limited time, other things/jobs to consider etc. Doing so may quicken the process but be careful, if you push too hard, there is the risk that they think 'oh, this candidate seems to be out now, let's try the next', but I'm sure you can make the balance Smile

Btw I do have the feeling that despite what they might have told us on the phone (that we're their primary choice, that we should wait for a couple of days or weeks etc), they might actually said it to keep us in the list, just in case their 'real primary choices' sell them out. So I already started my preparations for the next session and will send it by late August and meanwhile accept another internship offer for the fall. Can't wait for them afterwards..

Hi @winston_smith! Yeah during the interview I had in July I let them know that I was considering other opportunities as well, mainly in the private sector. The one job application in the private sector I was relying on, didn't turn into an offer, after I failed the final round of interviews. As I had so many job applications started, and so many interviews and shortlistings, I didn't keep applying. None of these shortlistings and interviews became a real offer in the end, that's the issue. I do not even have an internship offer, nothing, absolutely nothing out there.

I am now left with nothing but start new applications from scratch if the EU doesn't want me, and the process is likely to take months. I'm home since March and starting again now would mean being able to get a job for maybe December-January, wasting nearly a year after I completed my postgraduate studies. Frustrating, nearly a nightmare scenario, honestly.

But yes, everyting I can do is waiting, but as I finished all my studies and also my Masters, waiting like this is a complete waste of time and makes me feel horrible.

I really hope they will let us know.

Thank you anyways!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Presingularity



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey all,
I've been watching this forum for a while, just registered. I'm in the same situation. I'm non-EU (American), I had an interview and was told I was the selected candidate, he said "see you in October!", and now it's been 6 weeks and I have not received the official offer. One of my concerns is that there is so little time left, is it even possible for non-EU people to get a visa in time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:28 pm

That's exactly what I am concerned of. What kind of visa is needed anyways? May I ask for which DG offered you a place? Hope we all receive news soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ismaelamur



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello everyone!
EU here and I got my official offer this morning around noon!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Congrats ! All that waiting was worth it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ismaelamur



Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:53 pm

@bilgeyis Thank you!! Hope you get yours soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winston_smith



Posts : 7
Join date : 2017-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Presingularity wrote:
Hey all,
I've been watching this forum for a while, just registered. I'm in the same situation. I'm non-EU (American), I had an interview and was told I was the selected candidate, he said "see you in October!", and now it's been 6 weeks and I have not received the official offer. One of my concerns is that there is so little time left, is it even possible for non-EU people to get a visa in time?

Heyy, I wouldn't wish to be the person that breaks all hopes but, since any word said before 'but' is usually non-sense, I guess I will be Sad

I'm also non-EU and to be honest, although I also received such positive signals, I feel that I won't be much lucky, at least for this session. If feeling isn't enough, then, let me speak with some cold harsh stats: https://ec.europa.eu/stages/online/cv/application_statistics.cfm?session=89

After logging in to your account please click the link above. I had never noticed there were such stats until a week ago or so. If you compare the number of this year's non-EU applicants to past years, I think you'll get what I mean.

In a nutshell: about 30-40 out of 8800 non-EU applicants will become trainees this year. That's kind of crazy! So, good luck to us all, but don't stay too hopeful and if you have time for it, dig for other opportunities already!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bilgeyis



Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Call for results   Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:55 am

@winston_smith, yes number of this years' applicants is much higher, however majority of 8K are out of board now. I think there are only about 2.500 people in total that make it to Blue Book and then only 700 selected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Call for results   

Back to top Go down
 
Call for results
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NTB results out
» BOC - Results
» MAL results out
» NTB - Impressive Results
» 20120224 Axiata - 4Q11 Results

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: