Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 EC Traineeship March 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm

l.one wrote:
I received a second email with the following message: "The selection is still in progress. As suggested by the Traineeship's office, please check your VBB profile twice a week to see the status of your application."
How do we check our VBB profile???

I think they refer to your traineeship account. As far as I know the VBB is not public.
Back to top Go down
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Tadeus_10 wrote:
MiguelB wrote:
I'm a bit hesitating about contacting other units within the same DG now that I was contacted by unit B (I keep it anonymous for now). That unit is not my preferred one, but I told them I was interested (better to have something than nothing I thought). They told me that I would be put on the list but also that other units could still contact me in the meantime (it was not a real offer either).

Now I'm a bit scared to send mails to other units within the same DG telling them I interested in a traineeship with them. Not sure what they can see in the system and if that would diminish my chances with both of the units and end up with nothing. scratch  Sad

Well it is normal you are interested in several units within the same DG as everything is supposed to be somehow related. I don't think you will lose anything by showing your interest in different units. If a unit that suits you better contacts you and they find you are already booked by another one you can always tell them that you are interested in both but they are your preference.  

Thanks, yeah you're right.
Though as I'm in contact with the permanent representative office of my country they want to endorse my application for that unit that called me yesterday, but told me they wouldn't if I'm gonna contact other units within the same DG - they think it's too risky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

l.one wrote:
I received a second email with the following message: "The selection is still in progress. As suggested by the Traineeship's office, please check your VBB profile twice a week to see the status of your application."
How do we check our VBB profile???

How/where did you received this message? Though I'm checking my application profile for any new message in an obsessive manner at the moment hahah Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrVT



Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-12-14

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 pm

MiguelB wrote:
Though as I'm in contact with the permanent representative office of my country they want to endorse my application for that unit that called me yesterday, but told me they wouldn't if I'm gonna contact other units within the same DG - they think it's too risky.

Miguel, when you say your country's Permanent Representation wants to "endorse your application", what does this mean? Is it through some institutionalised channel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brrrknstock



Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:52 am

Has anyone already been contacted by the DGT translation or ever heard what does the procedure looks like? I mean, do they tend to contact their candidates by e-mail/cell phone before the offer from Traineeship Office arrives?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lili



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am

Hi guys. Exciting about us all receiving calls and offers. DG COMP, as far as I'm aware, several units had chosen their trainees on the first day. I guess they grab the best ones first Very Happy Well, I'm not one of them.

I've got a call from one DG - it wasn't formal at all. They just told me what their unit does, and basically asked if I was interested. I'm guessing I'm one on many they contacted so I'm not sure what to expect further.

Legal Service has reached out as well - so I'm guessing anyone expecting from them should have received something today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imogen



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-14

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 am

lili wrote:
Hi guys. Exciting about us all receiving calls and offers. DG COMP, as far as I'm aware, several units had chosen their trainees on the first day. I guess they grab the best ones first Very Happy Well, I'm not one of them.

I've got a call from one DG - it wasn't formal at all. They just told me what their unit does, and basically asked if I was interested. I'm guessing I'm one on many they contacted so I'm not sure what to expect further.

Legal Service has reached out as well - so I'm guessing anyone expecting from them should have received something today.

Hey Lili, would you mind sharing which unit you heard from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekey



Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:09 pm

I have been contacted by the Legal Service today as well. Actually, by the traineeship coordinator (HR Department): apparently, the Legal Service team does not contact candidates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lili



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:39 pm

Imogen wrote:
lili wrote:
Hi guys. Exciting about us all receiving calls and offers. DG COMP, as far as I'm aware, several units had chosen their trainees on the first day. I guess they grab the best ones first Very Happy Well, I'm not one of them.

I've got a call from one DG - it wasn't formal at all. They just told me what their unit does, and basically asked if I was interested. I'm guessing I'm one on many they contacted so I'm not sure what to expect further.

Legal Service has reached out as well - so I'm guessing anyone expecting from them should have received something today.

Hey Lili, would you mind sharing which unit you heard from?


I sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one



Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Guys, still the same question: did any Non-EU receive calls or emails by now? Did you lobby? So far I didn't receive anything, I lobbied, and still nothing. I think I don't stand even a remote chance of being selected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lili



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Diaannaa wrote:
I have been contacted by the Legal Service today as well. Actually, by the traineeship coordinator (HR Department): apparently, the Legal Service team does not contact candidates.

Yes, that is indeed the case. However, the email did not indicate which team/unit offers the place. There's quite a difference between teams that deal with representation before the Court and, say, units that deal with quality of legislation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felvgs



Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-12-05

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

l.one wrote:
Guys, still the same question: did any Non-EU receive calls or emails by now? Did you lobby? So far I didn't receive anything, I lobbied, and still nothing. I think I don't stand even a remote chance of being selected.

Hello there!

I am a non-eu and I got a call yesterday afternoon. Nothing promising... just saying that they will let me know if they pick me up next week lol I previously sent emails to network and I got 3 general emails stating that they are currently reviewing apps.

Btw, the person who called me was the current trainee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACC



Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-01

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:12 pm

lili wrote:
Diaannaa wrote:
I have been contacted by the Legal Service today as well. Actually, by the traineeship coordinator (HR Department): apparently, the Legal Service team does not contact candidates.

Yes, that is indeed the case. However, the email did not indicate which team/unit offers the place. There's quite a difference between teams that deal with representation before the Court and, say, units that deal with quality of legislation.

Hi Lili,
Would you mind to share which unit were you contacted by the legal services?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one



Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 pm

felvgs wrote:
l.one wrote:
Guys, still the same question: did any Non-EU receive calls or emails by now? Did you lobby? So far I didn't receive anything, I lobbied, and still nothing. I think I don't stand even a remote chance of being selected.

Hello there!

I am a non-eu and I got a call yesterday afternoon. Nothing promising... just saying that they will let me know if they pick me up next week lol I previously sent emails to network and I got 3 general emails stating that they are currently reviewing apps.

Btw, the person who called me was the current trainee.

Congrats! At least it gives me hope that non-eu can also be selected or at least considered for a traineeship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrea12



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:02 pm

One unit today told me they would like to reserve me. Does that mean no other unit can contact me anymore?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one



Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Andrea12 wrote:
One unit today told me they would like to reserve me. Does that mean no other unit can contact me anymore?

Did you lobby for that Unit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ELV



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-15

PostSubject: Has anyone been contacted by ERCEA or SANTE?   Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Has anyone been contacted by ERCEA or Research DG or SANTE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jesss139



Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-12-16

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:17 pm

felvgs wrote:
l.one wrote:
Guys, still the same question: did any Non-EU receive calls or emails by now? Did you lobby? So far I didn't receive anything, I lobbied, and still nothing. I think I don't stand even a remote chance of being selected.

Hello there!

I am a non-eu and I got a call yesterday afternoon. Nothing promising... just saying that they will let me know if they pick me up next week lol I previously sent emails to network and I got 3 general emails stating that they are currently reviewing apps.

Btw, the person who called me was the current trainee.

Hey there.
I'm also a non-EU candidate and I did lobby myself. Currently I got 3 replies saying they are reviewing all the applications now. Nothing promising either. Also one unit told me that they are not taking trainees for next March but recommended me another 2 units with the contact information of the head. Don't know how to interpret that. Are they interested in me or not...Feels like no one would book a non-EU trainee first...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrea12



Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:47 pm

l.one wrote:
Andrea12 wrote:
One unit today told me they would like to reserve me. Does that mean no other unit can contact me anymore?

Did you lobby for that Unit?

Yes, it was one of the approx. 10 units I lobbied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lili



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am

ACC wrote:
lili wrote:
Diaannaa wrote:
I have been contacted by the Legal Service today as well. Actually, by the traineeship coordinator (HR Department): apparently, the Legal Service team does not contact candidates.

Yes, that is indeed the case. However, the email did not indicate which team/unit offers the place. There's quite a difference between teams that deal with representation before the Court and, say, units that deal with quality of legislation.

Hi Lili,
Would you mind to share which unit were you contacted by the legal services?

Hi ACC,
I'm afraid I will not be able to tell you as I myself do not know which unit it is. The email just says Legal Service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one



Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 pm

jesss139 wrote:
felvgs wrote:
l.one wrote:
Guys, still the same question: did any Non-EU receive calls or emails by now? Did you lobby? So far I didn't receive anything, I lobbied, and still nothing. I think I don't stand even a remote chance of being selected.

Hello there!

I am a non-eu and I got a call yesterday afternoon. Nothing promising... just saying that they will let me know if they pick me up next week lol I previously sent emails to network and I got 3 general emails stating that they are currently reviewing apps.

Btw, the person who called me was the current trainee.

Hey there.
I'm also a non-EU candidate and I did lobby myself. Currently I got 3 replies saying they are reviewing all the applications now. Nothing promising either. Also one unit told me that they are not taking trainees for next March but recommended me another 2 units with the contact information of the head. Don't know how to interpret that. Are they interested in me or not...Feels like no one would book a non-EU trainee first...

Exactly...There are normally 40-45 Non-EU selected per session. If only we knew how many of those 2000 applicants who made it to the Blue Book are actually Non-EU...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felvgs



Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-12-05

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Did any of you receive a call today? I'm traveling for holidays and I hate to be near my mobile.... arghhhh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hl5



Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-11-14

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 pm

felvgs wrote:
Did any of you receive a call today? I'm traveling for holidays and I hate to be near my mobile.... arghhhh

I know.. Last week I missed one call, even though I keep my phone with me all the time! Well, they managed to reach out to me during the 5 mins I didn't have it with me tongue And they didn't call me back either..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epa



Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:26 am

Hi dears,

is EEAS or DG NEAR selecting? Have you been contacted from them? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte



Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-11-06

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 am

epa wrote:
Hi dears,

is EEAS or DG NEAR selecting? Have you been contacted from them? Thanks Smile

No, they haven't reached out to anyone yet. Received an e-mail after lobbying that they are still busy selecting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epa



Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm

jddcorte wrote:
epa wrote:
Hi dears,

is EEAS or DG NEAR selecting? Have you been contacted from them? Thanks Smile

No, they haven't reached out to anyone yet. Received an e-mail after lobbying that they are still busy selecting.

So, they are doing a short list and will contact consequently, I guess. I just wonder if this will happen before Christmas or not :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KL01



Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-12-20

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am

Hi everyone,

How do you guys lobby? Do you write emails and/or call people?

Thanks for any advice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VerAnt



Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-12-20

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi everyone and congratulations on being pre-selected!

I am a bit confused by this part of the process (and I can see I am not the only one).

I got a call (DG MOVE) right after I received the confirmation that I was put on the bluebook. They basically explained to me what they do and why they thought I would be interested, nothing like an interview at all. I just said yes, and then we agreed that they would send me an email and I would reply confirming my interest which is what happened after.

Then I asked how it works, how and when will I know that it's a sure thing, and they replied "I can confirm that we have launched the internal selection process. As a next step the Commission's traineeship office will officially confirm your selection and provide you with additional details about the stage. This is likely to happen by mid-January 2018." Any of you understands what it means? Speaking to current trainees it seems to them that they are saying they selected me and now I just have to wait for the official confirmation of the traineeship office, but I'm not so sure about it.

I am also not sure if I should lobby to other DGs in the meantime. I did for the ones that I put as preferences, but not others. I am not a big fan of the whole lobbying thing, but I haven't received any other calls so maybe I should lobby a bit more?!

Also, from what they say it seems that the official confirmation will be sent out mid-january, I guess that's useful info for everyone.

Thanks for any help in decodifying their enigmatic messages!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekey



Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:45 pm

VerAnt wrote:
Hi everyone and congratulations on being pre-selected!

I am a bit confused by this part of the process (and I can see I am not the only one).

I got a call (DG MOVE) right after I received the confirmation that I was put on the bluebook. They basically explained to me what they do and why they thought I would be interested, nothing like an interview at all. I just said yes, and then we agreed that they would send me an email and I would reply confirming my interest which is what happened after.

Then I asked how it works, how and when will I know that it's a sure thing, and they replied "I can confirm that we have launched the internal selection process. As a next step the Commission's traineeship office will officially confirm your selection and provide you with additional details about the stage. This is likely to happen by mid-January 2018." Any of you understands what it means? Speaking to current trainees it seems to them that they are saying they selected me and now I just have to wait for the official confirmation of the traineeship office, but I'm not so sure about it.

I am also not sure if I should lobby to other DGs in the meantime. I did for the ones that I put as preferences, but not others. I am not a big fan of the whole lobbying thing, but I haven't received any other calls so maybe I should lobby a bit more?!

Also, from what they say it seems that the official confirmation will be sent out mid-january, I guess that's useful info for everyone.

Thanks for any help in decodifying their enigmatic messages!!!

Well, VerAnt, their message was not enigmatic at all. They clearly indicated you that you have been selected, but you have to wait till the  traineeship officer will send you the official offer, which is going to happen for all the selected candidates at the same time around mid-January. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VerAnt



Posts : 3
Join date : 2017-12-20

PostSubject: How to lobby   Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:57 pm

KL01 wrote:
Hi everyone,

How do you guys lobby? Do you write emails and/or call people?

Thanks for any advice!

I guess there is no specific guideline on how to lobby. Personally, I find the contacts for the unit I am interested in (or task force, or whatever) and email them. The email addresses are all name.surname at ec.europa.eu so that is easy. I use a template that goes more or less like this:

Dear Mr./Mrs.,

I hope this email finds you well.

I was pre-selected as a Blue Book Trainee for the traineeship in the European Commission starting March 2018. I would like to express my interest in XXXX.
(DG, unit, task force, whatever it is you are interested in)

paragraph explaining why you are interested (previous job, experience)

paragraph explaining why you should be selected for this specifically,
like how do you fit in this unit, how you can contribute.


If you wish to take a look at my application, my candidate number is XXXXXX. Please do not hesitate to contact me if further information is needed. I am available for a phone interview (or if you are in the area, face-to-face, as you may deem convenient. Please find my contact details below.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

Kind regards,

Name Surname
Candidate number: XXXX
E-mail: XXXXXXXXXXXXX.XXX
Telephone: +XX XXXXXXXXX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   

Back to top Go down
 
EC Traineeship March 2018
Back to top 
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: