Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EC Traineeship March 2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
5kova

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Nothing has changed in my account since I have submitted my application
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sante

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Same here. I've had 2 messages from the moment I sent my application. Application forms march 2018 and Traineeship march 2018. So 2 messages from the start
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5kova

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Yes, exactly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diaannaa

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Mine is also doubled. it has been so from the moment I submitted my application, so I assume they have not opened it yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp999

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Guys, I got the desired email. I'm pre-selected Smile Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Me too! Good luck to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vitSvit

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm pre-selected as well !
Good luck to everyone !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Do you start lobbying now or do you wait until you pass the eligibility check?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:50 pm

jddcorte wrote:
Do you start lobbying now or do you wait until you pass the eligibility check?

I am pre-selected as well! Smile
Actually I am also wondering if we should start lobbying...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tadeus_10

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:52 pm

I am pre-selected as well!
Congrats to all that made it!
We can only lobbying once we are into the blue book which means that we have to pass the eligibility check first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Tadeus_10 wrote:
I am pre-selected as well!
Congrats to all that made it!
We can only lobbying once we are into the blue book which means that we have to pass the eligibility check first.

Thanks! Eligibility should just be a formality. I can't upload my document yet however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beamendes95

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

I've already received a new message, and I was not pre-selected. I guess everyone will receive a notification!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerda666

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Congrats to everyone!
Although pre-selected I am now doubting if I am gonna pass the eligibility test. Is there anyone who fears that his language proof might not be accepted? I declared A2 French in my application and I explained that I gained it during my voluntary service for half a year in France and that I had an assigned private tutor but beside B1 Erasmus + Online Linguistic Support, I do not possess any other proof. Now I read on the EC webpage that OLS does no count as a certified proof. I am not applying for a translation traineeship but I fear this stupidity will fail me Sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5kova

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 pm

I was not pre-selected Sad Wish you all good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diaannaa

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:03 pm

gerda666 wrote:
Congrats to everyone!
Although pre-selected I am now doubting if I am gonna pass the eligibility test. Is there anyone who fears that his language proof might not be accepted? I declared A2 French in my application and I explained that I gained it during my voluntary service for half a year in France and that I had an assigned private tutor but beside B1 Erasmus + Online Linguistic Support, I do not possess any other proof. Now I read on the EC webpage that OLS does no count as a certified proof. I am not applying for a translation traineeship but I fear this stupidity will fail me Sad.

Gerda, I wouldn`t worry that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Guys, I was thinking of making a WhatsApp group for preselected trainees, so we can help each other out in case we have any questions. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inferio

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am

jddcorte wrote:
Guys, I was thinking of making a WhatsApp group for preselected trainees, so we can help each other out in case we have any questions. Anyone interested?

Wouldn't a facebook group be more practical?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:57 am

Inferio wrote:
jddcorte wrote:

Wouldn't a facebook group be more practical?

True, but I don't have Facebook anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Efi

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:01 pm

I wasn't preselected...I'm so bitter right now...I have a law degree and an LLM and I speak English fluently and German and French...What could have gone so wrong? Or are academic qualifications of lesser importance for the selection committee?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Efi

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:02 pm

5kova wrote:
I was not pre-selected Sad Wish you all good luck!

Me neither...I am so disappointed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hl5

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Efi wrote:
I wasn't preselected...I'm so bitter right now...I have a law degree and an LLM and I speak English fluently and German and French...What could have gone so wrong? Or are academic qualifications  of lesser importance for the selection committee?

Don't.. I feel you need a bit of luck as well in this process. And maybe emphasize more on your work experience? I encourage you to try again next year Wink I didn't make it to the next round the last time and did this time. Wouldn't say my application was that different to be honest..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hl5

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am

Okay. I already knew before that the eligibility checks will be a hassle. I noticed an incredibly stupid mistake on my application. I have put a wrong date for my BA diploma. In fact it is like 3 years wrong. Anyone has an idea how strict they are with these kinds of obvious stupid mistakes while filling up the form..? Maybe I am just stressing too much after reading this forum Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Efi

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am

hl5 wrote:
Efi wrote:
I wasn't preselected...I'm so bitter right now...I have a law degree and an LLM and I speak English fluently and German and French...What could have gone so wrong? Or are academic qualifications  of lesser importance for the selection committee?

Don't.. I feel you need a bit of luck as well in this process. And maybe emphasize more on your work experience? I encourage you to try again next year  Wink  I didn't make it to the next round the last time and did this time. Wouldn't say my application was that different to be honest..

the thing is, I am not special or anything. I work in an ordinary law firm, I have done extremely ordinary things like boring and pointless seminars and an LLM with disctinction abroad (wow, how rare this may sound).  I  I have never been an Erasmus student nor have I worked abroad, so I guess I lack the necessary mobility prerequisite. And to be honest, I cannot find a job abroad, either voluntary or paid. I am predestined to fail competition I guess but I am working it out Smile I feel that I am not good at marketing myself either, so my motivational letter was more or less soooo ordinary. And I have never been pessimistic about this one, just now that I sound depressed...As for you, I really hope you will be offered a place in the end:) Kudos to you! I am so jealous Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diaannaa

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 am

hl5 wrote:
Okay. I already knew before that the eligibility checks will be a hassle. I noticed an incredibly stupid mistake on my application. I have put a wrong date for my BA diploma. In fact it is like 3 years wrong. Anyone has an idea how strict they are with these kinds of obvious stupid mistakes while filling up the form..? Maybe I am just stressing too much after reading this forum Smile

I ve also made some mistakes, like putting 8, 79 instead of 8,78 or 8 instead of 7,92 as final grades. Also, I put as the starting date of a job the month of December, and I was really surprised now to see that the proof I have wrongly states the month of October.

I will reluctanly spend the money to scan all the documents and send them because I know I am out.  And this is the third time I am applying and finally got preselected. Such a pitty.

There are cases where they like the profile of the candidate so much because it matches their needs, that they forgive the error. In other cases I think they take it as a sign that the candidate is superficial and not detail oriented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa93

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Hey everyone,

I am also pre-selected but I also worry about the proof of languages. My mother tongue is Dutch, my second language is English (proof from studying in English), then French and German both in B1 (proof from university courses, but from 2014..) and Russian A2 from tutors, evening classes, self-study and living abroad, so no certificate or other proof. Do you think my French and German will be accepted? And what should I do with my Russian? Do you know if we can call or email them to ask about this? I don't want to risk not passing the eligibility check. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrea12

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:39 pm

This is the first time I am applying and I got preselected!
However, I just realized what I did: I put the wrong year for a summer course I did a couple of years ago! All the other information is correct, diplomas, transcripts and work experience. I hope this one small mistake won't cost me Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hl5

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:57 pm

To be honest I think they are only fussy with the languages you claim to have C1/C2 level. I have also German B1 level and I am proving it with my uni course. When it comes to A1/A2 I wouldn't worry since you probably won't have any use of it in professional field. Also I think it is silly to expect actual language certificates from us for lower levels. Can you even take DELF or Goethe for A level? Ok maybe you do, but seems to be waste of money..

I hope our mistakes on the application won't cost us the sport :/ The purpose of eligibility checks should be to make sure you are not lying about your experience..

At least I hope they will be reasonable with this. Who knows Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hl5

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Lisa93 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am also pre-selected but I also worry about the proof of languages. My mother tongue is Dutch, my second language is English (proof from studying in English), then French and German both in B1 (proof from university courses, but from 2014..) and Russian A2 from tutors, evening classes, self-study and living abroad, so no certificate or other proof. Do you think my French and German will be accepted? And what should I do with my Russian? Do you know if we can call or email them to ask about this? I don't want to risk not passing the eligibility check. Thanks!

The message you got for your pre-selection results has also a "Your point of contact" before the message. Sorry, can't copy the email here for some reason, but you could probably contact them for information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerda666

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 am

Lisa93 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Lisa, are you planning to send them an e-mail? I have a similar problem with A2 French and no eligible certificate. What e-mail did you/are you going to use? EAC-STAGES-PRESELECTIONS@ec.europa.eu?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa93

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 pm

gerda666 wrote:
Lisa93 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Lisa, are you planning to send them an e-mail? I have a similar problem with A2 French and no eligible certificate. What e-mail did you/are you going to use? EAC-STAGES-PRESELECTIONS at ec.europa.eu?

Yes, I will send them an email today on Eac-Stages at ec.europa.eu (this was indicated as my point of contact at the website where you see your status etc) I can't put the email address but the 'at' is '@' Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   

Back to top Go down

EC Traineeship March 2018
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next