Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EC Traineeship March 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Guido94

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Italy. Our success rate is only 2.3% Razz I am losing my hope now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilkd

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 pm

l.one wrote:
I think it would have helped a lot if everyone who got an offer provided more detailed information. I know you all are very happy and probably celebrating by now but it would have helped us, the ones who have not heard anything yet, and probably the future trainees who will be reading this forum A LOT. You are our only source of information for now. Once again, congratulations! Smile

1. Could you please, mention the Unit that sent the offer and whether or not you have been interviewed or contacted/interviewed before by the same Unit that sent you the offer? I mean, was that offer expected? Most of the people say that they have been interviewed and there is almost no chance of being selected without being interviewed. Was that so in your case?

2. Did you lobby for that Unit?

3. Are you EU or Non-EU?

Thank you in advance!  

Hi everyone !
First of all, congrats for those you get an offer!
For the other, there is still hope with all the people not accepting their offers, knowing that the delay to accept it is 7 days so it might be a second round next week...
I had a friend you got in last year, she knew it on february only!

I don't know if this will help; but to answer, I am european, I got accepted in DG COMP, I did send an email on the preselection results, and got an interview. The process of lobbying is not required but amongst all the DGs and units, there is some who appreciate it because the bluebook traineeship seems to be a difficult "race" for them too. Also, the question of first choice matters in the sense that if more than one DG wants you, the one you gets you in priority is the one of your first choice. I don't know though if more than one unit wants you within the same DG, but I understood that you get to have the last call.

I expected to get the offer in the sense that they made sure I would not say yes to another unit, even though they told me that the TO gets the last words, with the official offer, so it was a bit stressfull.

Once again, congrats to everyone and don't lose hope, the website said official offers would be sent "from the 23rd", not only on that day...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
waitingyes

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Lisa93 wrote:
lili wrote:
kateq15 wrote:
received an offer. TAXUD!!!!!! Guys, congrats to you all, we should all meet for a drink in Brussels!!!!

I agree!!! Let's do it! Very Happy

Congratulations! Just received my offer as well, and yes I totally agree!

Congratulations all! I also received mine today, and also agree! It will be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
waitingyes

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:38 pm

lilkd wrote:
l.one wrote:
I think it would have helped a lot if everyone who got an offer provided more detailed information. I know you all are very happy and probably celebrating by now but it would have helped us, the ones who have not heard anything yet, and probably the future trainees who will be reading this forum A LOT. You are our only source of information for now. Once again, congratulations! Smile

1. Could you please, mention the Unit that sent the offer and whether or not you have been interviewed or contacted/interviewed before by the same Unit that sent you the offer? I mean, was that offer expected? Most of the people say that they have been interviewed and there is almost no chance of being selected without being interviewed. Was that so in your case?

3. Are you EU or Non-EU?

Thank you in advance!  

Hi everyone !
First of all, congrats for those you get an offer!
For the other, there is still hope with all the people not accepting their offers, knowing that the delay to accept it is 7 days so it might be a second round next week...
I had a friend you got in last year, she knew it on february only!

I don't know if this will help; but to answer, I am european, I got accepted in DG COMP, I did send an email on the preselection results, and got an interview. The process of lobbying is not required but amongst all the DGs and units, there is some who appreciate it because the bluebook traineeship seems to be a difficult "race" for them too. Also, the question of first choice matters in the sense that if more than one DG wants you, the one you gets you in priority is the one of your first choice. I don't know though if more than one unit wants you within the same DG, but I understood that you get to have the last call.

I expected to get the offer in the sense that they made sure I would not say yes to another unit, even though they told me that the TO gets the last words, with the official offer, so it was a bit stressfull.

Once again, congrats to everyone and don't lose hope, the website said official offers would be sent "from the 23rd", not only on that day...

Also, in case it helps:

1. I sent 3 e-mails to units after getting preselected, on which I did not receive any reaction. Mid-december I received a phone call by a unit of the DG I put as second choice in my application, asking me about my interest and availability and informing me about the tasks of the position. They didnt tell me if I was first or selected, just that I was on their list. They also told me the TO would be the only one who could make the final decision and offer. That same evening I received two other unknown calls, which I missed as I was doing sports. They did not leave a voicemail and did not call back after.

2. At the start of January, I was so curious about my position, that I decided to contact the unit that had called me to ask about any extra info on my position. They told me they could see I was shortlisted by my first choice DG and that I would have to wait to receive and offer from this DG, they didnt tell me which unit. Today I received the official offer by that unit (my first choice DG), without any interview or phone call by them (except if it was one of the missed calls). It was one of the units to whom I had sent an email, so maybe it did help, even though I did not receive any answer on the mail itself.

3. I am EU.

In the end, I read some stories, and the conclusion is that there is no right or wrong way or any rule. Some DG's call, some call twice, some get more official interviews and some just get put on the list immediately.

Good luck to everyone, there is still quite some time to receive offers, keep your hopes up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptheo

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:40 pm

felvgs wrote:
Someone at DEVCO or EAC?

Hi felvgs! DEVCO/C here. What about you? Congrats by the way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldy

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 pm

ptheo wrote:
felvgs wrote:
Someone at DEVCO or EAC?

@felvgs, from your previous messages I understood you were non-EU - am I correct? Are you the lucky non-EU that already received the offer?)

Last edited by oldy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lei

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 pm

As anyone been accepted by the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation? And if anyone is in the facebook group, is it possible to accept the request to join the group please? thank you =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ptheo

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

l.one wrote:

3. Are you EU or Non-EU?

Thank you in advance!  

Hi everyone and congrats to those who received an offer. I received and accepted one from DEVCO. Some - hopefully useful - insights on my behalf as well:

1. I received a call from DEVCO, from the Unit that was was my first choice, on December 12 - a couple of hours after I received the message that I was in the BB. I sent out a lobbying email almost right after I had found out I was in the BB. So, I assume it helped me a lot that I was quick. The call was an informal/friendly discussion about my experience that was NOT included in the original application AND about what I was expecting from the traineeship. It went well and they told me sth like "its highly possible you will be our first choice". After that, I sent them an email on January 16, they called me after an hour or so and they confirmed I had been selected.

2. Yes, I lobbied. I sent an email (incl. a full CV attached) almost an hour after I found out I was in the BB. I knew from previous years that on that day (Dec 12) it would be highly possible to receive the update about being or not in the BB, so I had prepared the email and my CV. However, I lobbied for another DG but I never got any response. Also, they called me from a third (irrelevant) DG on Dec 14 and from another DEVCO unit the same day (asking if interested to be shortlisted). I said no to the irrelevant one and yes to the latter.

3. Im EU.

Overall, telling from friends (former trainees) and my personal experience (applied 4 times - 2 successfully), it is important to be quick in lobbying (during which you have to explicitly demonstrate why you are a good fit for the unit of your interest) and, I think, its helpful in the end if you have some relevant working experience. And definitely do not give up if you do not make it at your first attempt. Sorry for the long text - hope it helpful for some people Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
giogio

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 pm

[quote="Guido94"]Which countries are you guys from? Smile[/quote]

I'm from Brazil/Portugal!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a.kuba

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Anyone received an offer from EACEA? Which unit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guido94

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 pm

giogio wrote:
Guido94 wrote:
Which countries are you guys from? Smile

Awesome! So there are some non-EU people who received an offer! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felvgs

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 pm

ptheo wrote:
felvgs wrote:
Someone at DEVCO or EAC?

I didn't receive an offer :/ I was just curious if someone has received one from DEVCO. Congrats!

Last edited by felvgs on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
felvgs

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

oldy wrote:
ptheo wrote:
felvgs wrote:
Someone at DEVCO or EAC?

@felvgs, from your previous messages I understood you were non-EU - am I correct? Are you the lucky non-EU that already received the offer?)

I didn't receive an offer... I was just inquiring about DEVCO offers :/ Zero lucky lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jesss139

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Guido94 wrote:
giogio wrote:
Guido94 wrote:

I don't think he will need a visa to work in EU as he's half Portuguese...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guido94

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:42 pm

jesss139 wrote:
Guido94 wrote:
giogio wrote:
Guido94 wrote:

I don't think he will need a visa to work in EU as he's half Portuguese...

I thought he was born in Brazil and studies/lives in Portugal. In that case he would be the first non-EU person here who got an offer. If he is half Portuguese, the visa is probably not necessary Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Regulation5

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 pm

a.kuba wrote:
Anyone received an offer from EACEA? Which unit?

Yep, Unit 5 - you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deepblue91

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:05 pm

l.one wrote:

3. Are you EU or Non-EU?

Thank you in advance!  

1. Got selected by DG TRADE (Unit D1 - GSP). Got the message at 16:07 Brussels time today, like most people here. I was interviewed by the unit the day after we got the pre-selection results. I had no idea whether or not to expect this offer, as the interview consisted mostly of standard HR questions, nothing that allowed me to stand out as much as I'd like, and they never contacted me afterward.

2. Yes, I did lobby for this unit.

3. For the purposes of the Blue Book, I am EU (I'm actually Brazilian, but I also have a Polish passport under which I applied).

Congrats to those who were selected and good luck to those who are still waiting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imogen

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 pm

felvgs wrote:
ptheo wrote:
felvgs wrote:
Someone at DEVCO or EAC?

I didn't receive an offer :/ I was just curious if someone has received one from DEVCO. Congrats!

Thanks for the detailed info ptheo.

felvgs, I lobbied DEVCO B & G, got no response beyond the polite 'thanks for your interest' from one and have not received any offers (I'm EU).

Thanks to everyone who is posting such detailed info on their offers! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerda666

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Inferio wrote:
tomas333 wrote:
nadine91 wrote:
Just received an offer from DG COMP! Congrats to those who made it and fingers crossed for those who are still waiting!

Congratulations, colleagues! Shall we start an FB group?

Count me in as well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Thank you all for taking your time and providing detailed information about your offers even though you might have had better things to do right now, like celebrating or searching for a flat Smile We appreciate it a lot and I think future trainees that will be reading this forum will find some answers to their questions as well Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ba_beach

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Hey Guys! Has anyone received the offer from the OLAF Unit B.3 yet? Still hoping .....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciasb

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:32 am

Hi guys! I just registered because I got so much help by reading posts from other's experiences in this forum that I want to help others too.

1. I luckily received today an offer from DG HOME! I am really happy Very Happy Nobody had contacted me until today. I had no interviews or phone calls from anyone, nothing at all. As you imagine, I was quite disheartened and thought I would not receive an offer. So for those who do not receive a call or email: don't despair! There is hope! Smile

2. Yes, I did lobby for this DG and the Unit that have contacted me (among many others from that DG), and I did not receive even a reply to the email. I was quite quick at lobbying. I had the emails prepared (I prepared them after they told me I had been preselected, but before the official inclusion in the BB after uploading documents) and I sent them as soon as I knew I had been preselected, with a brief introduction and a CV.

3. Yes, I am EU.

And for those who have not been selected: do not despair too. This is incredibly difficult and for me it's the third time I apply. So just don't get disheartened and keep trying and trying!

Good luck for all those still waiting!Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
l.one

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 am

Thank you so much, Luciasb! You're the second one posting about receiving an offer without any calls or interviews, it really gives hope! Hope you all enjoy this experience and if I receive a rejection this time, drink one for me in Belgium or Luxembourg! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yrokep

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:57 am

Ok so I got an offer yesterday from DG ENERG
1. Contacted on the day of the bluebook results by someone that said I fitted their desired profile. Chatted about 10 minutes over why I applied for their DG and if I was available or If I had ever visited Brussels before.
2. Send 2 rather indifferent e-mails to the Units that interested me that same day. One didn't answer and the second send a polite "do not bother us, we will tell you on January".
3. EU
Just to remind everyone that it's a matter of luck as well as skill and don't get too frustrated with lobbying.
Hope to see you all in Brussels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciasb

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 am

l.one wrote:
Thank you so much, Luciasb! You're the second one posting about receiving an offer without any calls or interviews, it really gives hope! Hope you all enjoy this experience and if I receive a rejection this time, drink one for me in Belgium or Luxembourg! Very Happy

You're welcome!! I am glad my experience with no interviews can give others hope!!Very Happy Hopefully we can get one beer together in Belgium soon, fingers crossed!Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nomedellarosa

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 am

Guys,

This is just to inform you that yesterday I received an offer from the DG HR and I did not accept it due to personal reasons. I did not lobby nor had any interview before being accepted.

I hope that some of you will be called to replace me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
freddiem

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:23 am

lili wrote:
Anyone else got an offer from the Legal Service?? Very Happy

I did!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kgzs

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 am

Hi everyone,

I registered because I absolutely agree with Luciasb! This forum has been very helpful so I hope I can help with my experience!

1. EASME called me on the evening of the bluebook results (at 6:15, when I was actually doing my Christmas shopping and I was sure that they can hear the awful shop-music in the background. So learn from me and DON'T do anything on the day of the results, haha) They weren't among my indicated choices, but I picked DG ENV as my first choice and the unit I will be working with is working closely with ENV and on very relevant topics and projects so I was very happy. Then a long silence and on the 22nd they called me to let me know that they have booked me.

2. I didn't lobby for this unit, and I didn't even have the chance as I was working in my current placement. But in the following days I've sent a couple of emails, and I only got one reply saying that this year they cannot accept trainees. Oh and one automatic reply which was extremely rude (seriously). That was rather disheartening and I stopped sending emails after that for a while. But now I think I shouldn't have.

3. EU

And I agree, it is absolutely a matter of luck as well. My friend didn't get pre-selected during the previous round and he uploaded the very same application this time and he got in. And I know someone who actually got in later, starting only in November during one of the autumn-sessions. So there is always hope!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
giogio

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 am

Actually I'm both a Brazilian and Portuguese citizen, and I applied to the BlueBook selection process as a Portuguese national. So for the purpose of the "statistics" in the group, I was selected as EU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guido94

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 pm

giogio wrote:
Actually I'm both a Brazilian and Portuguese citizen, and I applied to the BlueBook selection process as a Portuguese national. So for the purpose of the "statistics" in the group, I was selected as EU.

Thanks for the information! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EC Traineeship March 2018   

Back to top Go down

EC Traineeship March 2018
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next