Share
Go down
chanipie
Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-11-24

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm
To everyone still waiting for offers, I just wanted to inform you that I received an offer today (I had to decline) without having been previously contacted at all. So there's still hope!
lei
Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm
[/hide]


Last edited by lei on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lei
Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:20 pm
chanipie wrote:To everyone still waiting for offers, I just wanted to inform you that I received an offer today (I had to decline) without having been previously contacted at all. So there's still hope!

Hi! Very good news! from which DG did you receive the offer please?
chanipie
Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-11-24

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 pm
I received the offer from EUROSTAT, which was also my first choice. I'm EU, btw.
lei
Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm
chanipie wrote:I received the offer from EUROSTAT, which was also my first choice. I'm EU, btw.

Thank you Very Happy Very Happy
vitSvit
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-06-28

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:10 am
Hi guys,

I'm non EU and I received an offer today !! So, I hope that during this and next week, other non-EU citizens will get some positive news.
Thus, I've been contacting my DG many times, they confirmed that they reserved me already in December. However, the process for non-EU takes time and it is way harder to get a position for non-EU citizen than I even thought. But it is possible. However, your profile should really correspond to the needs of the concrete Unit.
Any non-EU citizen, feel free to PM me if you need some advices.
Guido94
Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:25 am
vitSvit wrote:Hi guys,

I'm non EU and I received an offer today !! So, I hope that during this and next week, other non-EU citizens will get some positive news.
Thus, I've been contacting my DG many times, they confirmed that they reserved me already in December. However, the process for non-EU takes time and it is way harder to get a position for non-EU citizen than I even thought. But it is possible. However, your profile should really correspond to the needs of the concrete Unit.
Any non-EU citizen, feel free to PM me if you need some advices.

Congratulations!!!
Which DG offered you a placement?
jtrindade
Posts : 1
Join date : 2018-01-31

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 am
Hello everyone,

First of all, congratulations to all those who have received an offer! Secondly, to those who haven't, keep your hopes up: I was contacted yesterday and received a proposal this afternoon.

1) I got an offer from the ERC Executive Agency. They had only contacted me as a reply to my lobbying email saying the vacancy had already been filled.

2) After the pre-selection phase, I did not lobby for over a week. I did not know it was common practice until I discovered this very forum and all your invaluable input (thank you all for each and ever insight you have given the community). I sent emails to a few Units but, those which replied, had all chosen a candidate by then. That was until yesterday when I got the email from the ERC saying their first candidate would possibly not accept the offer, and today the confirmation - the fight goes on until the 2nd February!

3) I am EU

See you soon for some belgian fries
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:08 am
Congratulations! Fight well fought! Smile I couldn't concentrate on anything else but renewing my email every 10 minutes for last couple of weeks expecting to receive at least something.
alex4us
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-01-26

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am
Guys, I'm still waiting for the formal offer from the HR, considering that I had an informal offer right yesterday (which I accepted).
At the outset, however, the offeror told me that, within yesterday, she would have contacted the HR department to say there is "mutual interest" between me and her.

Is this normal? I think the whole process is becoming way to long, I'm exhausted lol
a.kuba
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:10 pm
alex4us wrote:Guys, I'm still waiting for the formal offer from the HR, considering that I had an informal offer right yesterday (which I accepted).
At the outset, however, the offeror told me that, within yesterday, she would have contacted the HR department to say there is "mutual interest" between me and her.

Is this normal? I think the whole process is becoming way to long, I'm exhausted lol

Hi, I am in an exact same situation as you, probably we shouldn't worry too much. EC officer I talked with told me that I should receive an official offer anytime until the end of the week, so probably it is the same for you too. Best luck!
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm
a.kuba, alex4us, are you guys EU or Non-EU?
a.kuba
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-01-23

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:21 pm
l.one wrote:a.kuba, alex4us, are you guys EU or Non-EU?

EU
felvgs
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-12-05

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm
From the facebook group, a former blue book trainee said that non-eu received the official offers almost 2 weeks after the EU did.
carlotta.serrac
Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-01-06

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm
Hello!

I am a non-EU citizen and I got a call on Monday for the DG Translation. I was told I had been selected and I got an email to which I replied saying that I was taking the offer.
Today they called me again, saying that there might be some trouble with me not being a EU national and, when I asked, they said it could affect the whole traineeship (as in: it might not even happen).
I was very surprised to hear it, as in the call it is clearly stated that non-EU applicants are welcome to apply. I understand the longer security checks, but saying that the whole traineeship could not happen leaves me a bit speechless.
Has any other non-EU applicant been selected? If yes, what is happening with you right now?
I got only the unofficial email and the official binding offer is yet to come through because of this.
Thank you, fingers crossed.

Carlotta
felvgs
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-12-05

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:40 pm
carlotta.serrac wrote:Hello!

I am a non-EU citizen and I got a call on Monday for the DG Translation. I was told I had been selected and I got an email to which I replied saying that I was taking the offer.
Today they called me again, saying that there might be some trouble with me not being a EU national and, when I asked, they said it could affect the whole traineeship (as in: it might not even happen).
I was very surprised to hear it, as in the call it is clearly stated that non-EU applicants are welcome to apply. I understand the longer security checks, but saying that the whole traineeship could not happen leaves me a bit speechless.
Has any other non-EU applicant been selected? If yes, what is happening with you right now?
I got only the unofficial email and the official binding offer is yet to come through because of this.
Thank you, fingers crossed.

Carlotta

That's very sad :/ I hope you do get the opportunity!
alex4us
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-01-26

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:42 pm
@ l.one : I'm an EU (Italian Smile )

@A.Kuba : good news then!!many thanks, "nice" to hear from someone in my same situation. Best luck to u too!!
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:14 pm
carlotta.serrac wrote:Hello!

I am a non-EU citizen and I got a call on Monday for the DG Translation. I was told I had been selected and I got an email to which I replied saying that I was taking the offer.
Today they called me again, saying that there might be some trouble with me not being a EU national and, when I asked, they said it could affect the whole traineeship (as in: it might not even happen).
I was very surprised to hear it, as in the call it is clearly stated that non-EU applicants are welcome to apply. I understand the longer security checks, but saying that the whole traineeship could not happen leaves me a bit speechless.
Has any other non-EU applicant been selected? If yes, what is happening with you right now?
I got only the unofficial email and the official binding offer is yet to come through because of this.
Thank you, fingers crossed.

Carlotta

Very sad. But I think it's not serious, they will have to find a way if they've already sent the offer. Honestly, I don't know what to expect right now. it was clearly stated that non-eu can apply even though they have lower probability of being selected.
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm
Guys, did anyone get a rejection letter?
OleSea
Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-10-26

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm
Hi guys,

I am a non-EU citizen and I have written an email to EAC BUREAU DES STAGES asking if the selection procedure for translation unit is done or is still ongoing and when should we receive an answer.

I have received a quick reply. I think it will be helpful.

Pls find it below:

Dear Candidate,

We confirm that most of the placement offers were sent last week, but the  selection of trainees by DGs, services of the Commission and Agencies is ongoing.

If you have not received news of your application yet, it means indeed that you have not been selected in the first round.

If not selected yet, please note that the usual duration of the traineeship is 5 months but it can be shortened with a minimum of 3 months and with prior agreement of the hosting Directorate general.
Therefore not being selected for a traineeship starting on 1 March does not mean that you will not be at a later stage.

There is a large number of candidates who decline the placement offer.
When a candidate declines the offer, there is a place available that can be given to candidates not selected yet.
Therefore you have to be patient and hope that you will be selected in replacement of a candidate who has declined the offer. However if you have not received a placement offer by mid-April at the latest, it means that you will definitely not be selected for the March 2018 session.


I hope it was helpful.
Good luck, guys!
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 pm
OleSea wrote:Hi guys,

I am a non-EU citizen and I have written an email to EAC BUREAU DES STAGES asking if the selection procedure for translation unit is done or is still ongoing and when should we receive an answer.

I have received a quick reply. I think it will be helpful.

Pls find it below:

Dear Candidate,

We confirm that most of the placement offers were sent last week, but the  selection of trainees by DGs, services of the Commission and Agencies is ongoing.

If you have not received news of your application yet, it means indeed that you have not been selected in the first round.

If not selected yet, please note that the usual duration of the traineeship is 5 months but it can be shortened with a minimum of 3 months and with prior agreement of the hosting Directorate general.
Therefore not being selected for a traineeship starting on 1 March does not mean that you will not be at a later stage.

There is a large number of candidates who decline the placement offer.
When a candidate declines the offer, there is a place available that can be given to candidates not selected yet.
Therefore you have to be patient and hope that you will be selected in replacement of a candidate who has declined the offer. However if you have not received a placement offer by mid-April at the latest, it means that you will definitely not be selected for the March 2018 session.


I hope it was helpful.
Good luck, guys!

I hope it's only applicable to Translation traineeship candidates
Nat_nat
Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-02-01

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 am
Hi there,

I received the offer yesterday from the Research and Innovation Smile
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:10 am
Nat nat, are you EU or Non-EU?
alex4us
Posts : 3
Join date : 2018-01-26

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm
@A.Kuba

any news? May I know from which DG u were offered the position?
mp999
Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-11-13

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm
Nat_nat what is your background? Did you have an interview?
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 pm
For future reference, it would have saved a lot of time if "I got an offer today/yesterday!" type of messages were accompanied with details Smile Because we don't know anything about each other, and the fact that some hypothetical guy received an offer doesn't say anything at all and raises a lot of questions, in any case you'll be receiving many questions like "are you Non-EU or EU?", "did you have an interview with that Unit?", "did you lobby?", etc. Smile
Karllst44
Posts : 1
Join date : 2018-01-18

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:43 pm
Hi everyone ! I just received an offer today, directly in my EC-account (around 11:30 am) for an internship under the DG GROW. Until this moment, I didn't get any reply from my lobbying, any call, e-mail, nothing-at-ALL... So, don't loose hope if you're still waiting ! I think that even if you're booked since the beginning, some DG are just very slow to let you know the final outcome. Wink
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:46 pm
Congratulations, Karllst! And thank you for the motivation! Smile
maria12@
Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-12-21

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:23 pm
Hey, guys!

I also received an offer today from DG GROW. I did lobby for the unit, but they did not reply at that time. However, they called me two days ago to ask if I am interested. I am from the EU.

Don't loose hope. Offers are still to come apparently.

Lots of luck!
l.one
Posts : 45
Join date : 2017-11-19

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:35 pm
You, guys, are giving us so much hope! Thank you for that! Enjoy your stay in Belgium Smile
Sponsored content

Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum