Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Career advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Francesky

PostSubject: Career advice   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Hello guys

I don't know if this is the right place where to ask this question but, I am approaching now the EU world, I am 30 and after 6 years of professional experience in Italy I want to change a bit my career finding a traineeship in the EU institutions or agencies.

I know that it is risky because it is very difficult to be hired after a traineeship here, but I don't want to lose the opportunity now that I am still not too old and I don't have a very stable life here.

It is a big downshift because here in Italy I gained a good experience and I have a mid-senior level and I could aim at good positions, but I really want to do this experience before being too "old". Now I have a good stable contract but it is not the kind of company where I want to stay for long time, so I would not regret too much quitting it.

Do you think it is a "wise" decision? You would do the same at my place? Do you think that, if I am not able to stay in Bruxelles because I don't want to get trapped in doing an internship after another, the experience could be a good value on my CV or just waste of time?

Thanks to everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Career advice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1