Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 EP Traineeship March 2018

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
carolinacm30116



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi, guys!

Has anyone been contacted so far for the March 2018 session?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jddcorte



Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-11-06

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:01 pm

No, I haven't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolinacm30116



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm

jddcorte wrote:
No, I haven't!

Me neither... But they usually call/email around this time, right? I am extremely anxious silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dr652



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-11-08

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Me neither, still waiting, but I think they should start contacting people very soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolinacm30116



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

dr652 wrote:
Me neither, still waiting, but I think they should start contacting people very soon

Let's hope so!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Els



Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 am

Hello everyone,

Still no news?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carolinacm30116



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Els wrote:
Hello everyone,

Still no news?

Nothing on my end. What about you, Els?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 pm

According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.

Btw, which units/domains have you applied for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Els



Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:03 am

MiguelB wrote:
According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.

Btw, which units/domains have you applied for?



Ah okay. It's just that if you consider previous application rounds some people have at least had an interview over the phone by now.. But maybe those people are just not in this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekey



Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:04 am

[quote="Els"]
MiguelB wrote:
According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.


Ah okay. It's just that if you consider previous application rounds some people have at least had an interview over the phone by now.. But maybe those people are just not in this forum.


That is for a particular type of internship. Interviews for the general type should start in December (mid-December).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Els



Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am

Diaannaa wrote:
Els wrote:
MiguelB wrote:
According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.


Ah okay. It's just that if you consider previous application rounds some people have at least had an interview over the phone by now.. But maybe those people are just not in this forum.


That is for a particular type of internship. Interviews for the general type should start in December (mid-December).

Okay, where do you have that info from? What I know is that interviews are not always done. Some people get selected without any contact beforehand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekey



Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Els wrote:
Diaannaa wrote:
Els wrote:
MiguelB wrote:
According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.


Ah okay. It's just that if you consider previous application rounds some people have at least had an interview over the phone by now.. But maybe those people are just not in this forum.


That is for a particular type of internship. Interviews for the general type should start in December (mid-December).

Okay, where do you have that info from? What I know is that interviews are not always done. Some people get selected without any contact beforehand.

From my own experience Smile Some people get phone interviews, some others dont. Those who are contacted usually receive the phone call in December.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 am

Diaannaa wrote:
Els wrote:
MiguelB wrote:
According to information from a permanent representative to the EU, it will not be before December that we will be contacted.


Ah okay. It's just that if you consider previous application rounds some people have at least had an interview over the phone by now.. But maybe those people are just not in this forum.


That is for a particular type of internship. Interviews for the general type should start in December (mid-December).

No, that's for the Schuman Traineeship. And I wasn't referring to the interviews, but at the Traineeship Office sending out offers that you are selected (shortlisted). That will be in December. At this moment the Traineeship Office is probably finalising the list (4 shortlisted candidates per unit).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luluu

avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-12-04

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 pm

I got a call today. The interview didn't last more than 10 minutes and consisted in general questions about EU and domestic (for me, French) politics. Good luck to everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:02 am

Luluu wrote:
I got a call today. The interview didn't last more than 10 minutes and consisted in general questions about EU and domestic (for me, French) politics. Good luck to everyone Very Happy

Cool! For which unit/dg did you applied/had the interview? Did they told you anything at the end?
Good luck to you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnitaCg



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-12

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 am

They called me about a month ago (15 november) and told me I was shortlisted. The interview was very short (around 10 min) and asked me about my motivation, experience,availability etc and told me what I would do if I get selected. I keep waiting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imogen



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-14

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:40 am

HOME B.1 Legal Migration and Integration is not entitled to a trainee this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dekey



Posts : 21
Join date : 2017-10-27

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Sent an email asking whether the process is still going on...nothing on the other side. Suspect

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nh5



Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-07-28

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Same for me Sad Usually they send preselection emails around mid-December. Let us know when they answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryS



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am

Hi guys! Anyone received the preselection email?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiguelB



Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-07-14

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 am

maryS wrote:
Hi guys! Anyone received the preselection email?

No, still nothing. Neutral Hopefully somewhere this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryS



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm

They should send the emails this week because by the 23rd EP offices will be closed! It's a bit late..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Els



Posts : 16
Join date : 2017-06-21

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello,

I just got the email that I was shortlisted
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luluu

avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-12-04

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Els wrote:
Hello,

I just got the email that I was shortlisted

Hi Els, I just got that email too! Smile
But it says "shortlisted" does not necessarily mean "selected", I hope they can give us a definitive answer soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nann



Posts : 10
Join date : 2017-12-03

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello,

Do you know if the extract of criminal record is referred to the country of residence or to the country of nationality?
I don't find this information on the website of the EP.

"Please note that if you are finally selected, you will be asked to provide an extract of your criminal record"

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi everyone! I just received an e-mail that I have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the Secretariat of the European Parliament from 01/03/2018 to 31/07/2018. So happy and congratulations to those who received the same e-mail.
But as they mentioned: "However, not all shortlisted candidates will be selected for a traineeship. Only if you are finally selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time you will receive an offer by email." Let's hope for better. Fingers crossed.

I have a question and hope that you could help me. They asked to send some documents including a scanned copy of your university diploma(s) clearly mentioning the date(s) of the degree(s) obtained. I still a master student (final year).yI have only a diploma of my bachelor degree. Do you think if I could send them q certificate that I successfully graduated my 1st master's year and explaining that I'll graduate this year + my bachelor diploma?
Is there are anyone with a similar situation?
Hope for your help and good luck for us Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:51 pm

nann wrote:
Hello,

Do you know if the extract of criminal record is referred to the country of residence or to the country of nationality?
I don't find this information on the website of the EP.

"Please note that if you are finally selected, you will be asked to provide an extract of your criminal record"

Thank you Smile

Hi! I think both countries. Actually, I have the same question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zygoticmynci



Posts : 4
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Ale__Ma wrote:
Hi everyone! I just received an e-mail that I have been shortlisted for a traineeship for university graduates in the Secretariat of the European Parliament from 01/03/2018 to 31/07/2018. So happy and congratulations to those who received the same e-mail.
But as they mentioned: "However, not all shortlisted candidates will be selected for a traineeship. Only if you are finally selected and on condition that your file is complete, eligible and sent in due time you will receive an offer by email." Let's hope for better. Fingers crossed.

I have a question and hope that you could help me. They asked to send some documents including a scanned copy of your university diploma(s) clearly mentioning the date(s) of the degree(s) obtained. I still a master student (final year).yI have only a diploma of my bachelor degree. Do you think if I could send them q certificate that I successfully graduated my 1st master's year and explaining that I'll graduate this year + my bachelor diploma?
Is there are anyone with a similar situation?
Hope for your help and good luck for us Smile

I'm in the same situation and was thinking I would just send the copy of my bachelor diploma (since it requests the date of degree obtained instead of just proof of ongoing studies) I'm not sure though.

I think since they are just asking for ID and proof of a qualification it suggests they're just looking for confirmation of eligibility rather than boosting your application (not looking for grades or CV etc.), so just confirming you have complete a Bachelor degree should do it?

I'm also confused as to what do about the criminal record check if I'm selected - I'm in Ireland and for here the equivalent is a Police Certificate but the police here only give them out for very specific purposes (Visas, adoption) that don't cover traineeships... oh well, good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AncaD



Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-11-13

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi,

I have also received the email that I have been shortlisted. bounce bounce
I believe the criminal record needs to be issued by the country were you have been living in the last 6 months.
As for example, I am in Spain and here the authorities have a procedure to check with my home country (Romania) also before issuing the certificate of criminal record.



Ale__Ma wrote:
nann wrote:
Hello,

Do you know if the extract of criminal record is referred to the country of residence or to the country of nationality?
I don't find this information on the website of the EP.

"Please note that if you are finally selected, you will be asked to provide an extract of your criminal record"

Thank you Smile

Hi! I think both countries. Actually, I have the same question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma



Posts : 27
Join date : 2017-12-19

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:53 pm

AncaD wrote:
Hi,

I have also received the email that I have been shortlisted. bounce  bounce
I believe the criminal record needs to be issued by the country were you have been living in the last 6 months.
As for example, I am in Spain and here the authorities have a procedure to check with my home country (Romania) also before issuing the certificate of criminal record.



Ale__Ma wrote:
nann wrote:
Hello,

Do you know if the extract of criminal record is referred to the country of residence or to the country of nationality?
I don't find this information on the website of the EP.

"Please note that if you are finally selected, you will be asked to provide an extract of your criminal record"

Thank you Smile

Hi! I think both countries. Actually, I have the same question.

Hey, I found somewhere that an extract of our criminal record should be provided from the country of residence (if you live there at least 12 months).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   

Back to top Go down
 
EP Traineeship March 2018
Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: October 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: