Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

EP Traineeship March 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
maryS

PostSubject: Info request   Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Guys but what kind of units did you apply for??? I applied for european law/institutional law
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:19 pm

maryS wrote:
Guys but what kind of units did you apply for??? I applied for european law/institutional law

I applied for a general option: Education/Culture and Development of non-EU countries.
@maryS did you receive the same answer with a subject "Your application for a traineeship for university graduates in the Secretariat of the European Parliament from 01/03/2018 to 31/07/2018"? No mentioned of Units...

Last edited by Ale__Ma on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zygoticmynci

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Mine just said the same as yours, Ale_Ma, no mention of units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Did you receive any other answers? I'm just curious.
Probably all who applied have been shortlisted for a traineeship. Don't you think so?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maryS

PostSubject: Info request   Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:38 pm

No, I haven't received the answer yet, for unit I mean the fields you chose when you sent the application. I applied to the general option too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nann

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:06 pm

[quote="Ale__Ma"]

Hey, I found somewhere that an extract of our criminal record should be provided from the country of residence (if you live there at least 12 months). [/quote]

Thank you very much Ale_Ma!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish1994

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:12 pm

I got the shortlisted email too.

I thought that in previous years, being pre-selected meant you got an offer as long as the documentation was fine.

Does anyone know if that has changed this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
castorsia1

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 am

Hi peeps,

I have the same question as the poster above. Traineeship FAQ states that we will receive one of the three: selected, put on the reserve list and rejected. However tonight I got a shortlisted email, with the already mentioned provisions.

Journalism domain here. I have a friend doing the same traineeship and she's adamant that anyone on the shortlist will be selected. However I think she says that because she was selected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kakiedo_

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am

Hi!
I thought I'd share some info with you - I haven't applied to this traineeship for March 2018, but I did for October 2017 and I have some insight.

Being shortlisted does not mean you have an offer. It means you passed the first stage. (For example, I was shortlisted but was never contacted with a formal offer).
Now you have to send your supporting documents (I strongly suggest you send them all in one pdf file) and once they check them, you will get an offer if you are number 1 for a chosen unit OR their number 1 declines and you are number 2 etc...

So you will be contacted again with another email if you have an offer ONLY.
Prepare your criminal records (from the country you lived in the past 6-12 months), because in the offer email they will request this as part of your acceptance.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
map.pineiro

PostSubject: Regarding initial date.   Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:34 am

Hello guys,
I also got an email yesterday indicating I was shortlisted for the 01/03/2018 period.

I, however, have a formal Masters activity until March the 3rd.

Does anyone know if by any means I can't be there until March the 4th, this would represent a problem for me and my traineeship?

I have enough information to prove this situation and I could manage to speak with my master coordinator but I think the answer would be I have to be at school given the program demands (it is a special winter school activity).

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luluu

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Has anyone been shortlisted to start in February?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirin23

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:07 am

I am also shortlisted for the EP traineeship beginning in March. I was so happy when I first got the email since I wanted to do the traineeship in EU institution for a couple of years now. And this is probably my last chance to do it because I've finished my Masters this year and will proceed to work on my career now and I don't have a luxury to wait for another 6 months for the traineeship. At first as I was reading the email I thought that they just need the ID and diplomas to check if I am legit and that's about it, that I am basically in. But after reading all the comments I understood that it might just be the pre-selection procedure and it could be 50/50 chance of getting in now, makes me feel anxious! I've already told my family and friends about it... Should have kept my mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnitaCg

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 am

I am shortlisted too. I received a call in mid November telling me I was shortlisted and that my working experience is very similar to my possible traineeship in the Parliament. I don't know if that call increases my possibilities of getting in scratch ...I wanna think that way! bounce

I hope we begin to receive offers soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish1994

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 am

I understand they get a lot of applications but I find the process a little cruel.

I've been asked for documents and had interviews for other EU institutions already and then been rejected weeks later with no feedback Sad

I've interned before in other international settings and you get treated so much better in the recruitment process.

Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nann

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:12 am

[quote="Irish1994"]I understand they get a lot of applications but I find the process a little cruel.

I've been asked for documents and had interviews for other EU institutions already and then been rejected weeks later with no feedback :(

I've interned before in other international settings and you get treated so much better in the recruitment process.

Good luck to everyone! [/quote]

Same situation for me, with the only difference that I received a feedback.

It is not so nice this situation of waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luluu

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Maybe the offers will only start coming after Christmas break? I wish we had a straight answer, because moving to another country takes a little planning and time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish1994

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 pm

The results will definitely be after New Year. They're hardly going to prioritise selection on their last day of work :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
psgon

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello everyone,

So glad I finally found my (hopefully!) future colleagues Very Happy
I was also shortlisted for the 01/03/2018 period and asked for insight regarding the future selection process from friends that were trainees at the EP last year. They said that "shortlisted means basically means that you were selected" but I found the wording in the email received from the EP not so in line with this. I did my online research and the selection process is a bit messy from this point on, meaning that no one from previous editions is sure what to do besides waiting (and not spam the HR department). I hope the answer comes as soon as possible!

Good luck to you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Did you guys send all requested documents?
I have read in the previous forum that those who have been shortlisted, most of them received an offer right away after they sent all documents. But I think everyone in the EP already are in holidays.
So let's hope for a positive answer.
Keep us update if you have some news.
Have a happy holidays Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
castorsia1

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:15 pm

I sent them on the night of the 20th! Anyone knows when the EP closed for holidays? And also, happy holidays to those celebrating!

Last edited by castorsia1 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irish1994

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:16 pm

My understanding is they are closed from now until January.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nann

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:15 pm

I sent the documents on the night of the 19th but no answer/offer.
I think it is "official" holiday now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnitaCg

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I sent my documents on the night of the 20th too! 
It's true that last year some people received offers before Christmas, but last year the EP sent the "shortlisted emails" on 16th instead of 19th...I think those three days make a difference and this year they haven't had enough time before Christmas! Another theory is that each year they are becoming slower... Rolling Eyes
Nobody in this forum seem to have received an "offer email" so we don't have to worry yet  Wink

Keep us update and happy holidays!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlm

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Kakiedo_ wrote:

Now you have to send your supporting documents (I strongly suggest you send them all in one pdf file) and once they check them, you will get an offer if you are number 1 for a chosen unit OR their number 1 declines and you are number 2 etc...

I don't think it should be in one PDF file because in the shortlist email I received they were very specific about how to name each supporting document. They give the following examples:

[1] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates - 2017041507530

[2] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates - Application

[3] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates - ID

[4] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates - Diploma

[5] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates - Journalism
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ale__Ma

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 pm

dlm wrote:
Kakiedo_ wrote:

I don't think it should be in one PDF file because in the shortlist email I received they were very specific about how to name each supporting document. They give the following examples:

[1] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates  - 2017041507530

[2] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates  - Application

[3] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates  - ID

[4] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates  - Diploma

[5] example: PEREZ Manuel - Traineeship for university graduates  - Journalism

You are right @dlm I sent 3 pdf files, except a journalism
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirin23

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:02 pm

I sent 3 pdf files as well.

Though I didnt name them as was written in the examples as it was written: "The file should be saved under your: your SURNAME First name - Application" and etc. So I didnt write my candidate number on every file. I hope this little technicality wont cause any trouble since I've indicated my candidate number on the subject of the letter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirin23

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Meant not the candidate number, but the "Traineeship for university graduates" thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlm

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Mirin23 wrote:
Meant not the candidate number, but the "Traineeship for university graduates" thing.

I was going to do it the same way as you because it says to do it that way in the body of the email but just before I sent it, I read the examples again and included the traineeship bit to be safe. I really don't think it matters though and to be honest, the way you did it looks so much neater imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlm

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Out of interest, to everyone who has been shortlisted, what domains have you applied to?

I choose my first domain: Fundamental rights and citizenship / Constitutional affairs
and second: International relations

Got rejected from the EU Council (7,400 applications for 50 places!) so hoping to be selected for EP from the shortlist!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirin23

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 pm

dlm wrote:
Out of interest, to everyone who has been shortlisted, what domains have you applied to?

I choose my first domain: Fundamental rights and citizenship / Constitutional affairs
and second: International relations

Got rejected from the EU Council (7,400 applications for 50 places!) so hoping to be selected for EP from the shortlist!

That's why I never even applied there, it's like winning a lottery. I guess you must have a phd, work experience and speak five languages fluently to get there.

My domains are Economic and Monetary Union and EU Enlargement.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EP Traineeship March 2018   

Back to top Go down

EP Traineeship March 2018
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: European Parliament traineeships :: October 2017 Traineeship-
Jump to: