Go down
masha

Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 pm
ah, so if I reject the offer it's over for me for this session. I thoguht maybe after I reject it I will be back in the pool of available candidates again for some other DGs (also in case someone else turns down their offer). Anyway, I can't make it for October due to other commitments, so I guess I will need to re-apply for the March session hoping to be pre-selected again.

do you think candidates with quite a lot of work experience can be seen as less desired (overqualified) compared to those with not so much of work experince (let's give them a chance... )? Probably depends on a DG to answer myself... But what are your general feeling regarding this issue?

bennett

Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:16 pm
Well done to those of you who have received offers so far. Were you notified by email or did you have to log into your account online? I haven't heard anything yet.
aocmallow

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:20 pm
bennett wrote:Well done to those of you who have received offers so far. Were you notified by email or did you have to log into your account online? I haven't heard anything yet.

I received a message telling me to log into my online account Smile
masha

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Yes, it is in your online account but you get a notification in your email box that there is a message in your account/an offer waiting for you.
bennett

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm
Thanks! I think I'll spend all of today refreshing my emails Very Happy Although I doubt everyone will find out today.
masha

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:53 pm
don't stress out bennett. take it easy and if not now there is always another session coming up in March. it's actually my 3rd attempt and ironically when I finally got an offer (ok, I admit not my primary choice but still...) then I can't accept it due to other commitments coming up in July.

SO keep your head up and sometimes some rejections we receive actually turn out to be the best for us cos they indirectly lead us to trying some other opportunities which might be actually better choice. Bt if you strongly believe that EU Traineeship is what you want so badly, then sooner or later you will get there anyway.
Mimoza

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi all,

Did someone of you receive an offer from DEVCO, NEAR or EEAS? These are my preferences, I haven't been contacted yet and I haven't received any offer as well Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

May be they didn't upload all the results today, but just for some of the DGs..?

Thanks in advance and good luck!
StbzzStbzz

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm
masha wrote:ah, so if I reject the offer it's over for me for this session. I thoguht maybe after I reject it I will be back in the pool of available candidates again for some other DGs (also in case someone else turns down their offer). Anyway, I can't make it for October due to other commitments, so I guess I will need to re-apply for the March session hoping to be pre-selected again.

do you think candidates with quite a lot of work experience can be seen as less desired  (overqualified) compared to those with not so much of work experince (let's give them a chance... )? Probably depends on a DG to answer myself... But what are your general feeling regarding this issue?

Indeed if you reject your offer you will not go back into a pool of candidates... unfortunately.... nevertheless congratulations on other commitments that must be great too?

I'm not sure if more work experience is less or more desired I think it really depends on the unit hiring you and what they are looking for... I personally think it is very possible that more work experience is more favorable not less... but this is a big guess ofcourse.... And I guess we are all a bit overqualified.. getting through preselection is a pretty heavy cut

Still if you come in October do send a PM! Very Happy

Cheersss
martin.takacs

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm
Guys, anyone heard from EEAS, DG Energy, DG Interpret or NEAR?
luthien.galadriel

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:53 pm
Same thing for me, I haven't herd from EEAS, DEVCO nor ECHO... has anyone? At all? Like phone calls, emails?
MarionMarion

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:21 pm
Received (and accepted!) an offer from DG Research and Innovation! Despite my non lobbying and the fact that no one contacted me...
Congrats to those who received an offer, finger crossed for the ones still waiting! Hope to see you all in Brussels for a beer Very Happy
kovt

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 pm
Hello everyone!
Thanks a lot for sharing the info! I wonder whether anyone from non-EU countries has received an offer? Also, has anyone received an official offer from DG TRADE?
pepp

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:19 pm
Well done to everone who has received an offer! I didn't lobby and got contacted by one unit last week. They've chosen me as their trainee. My concern is that I'm not a perfect match for this particular position - at least that's what I think. However, I suppose it would be unwise to turn down the offer. I'm pretty sure it will be challenging but I'm also hoping to learn a lot as a result.

Do you guys know by any chance if there exists a facebook group or anything of that sort where more trainees exchange their impressions? Also, it looks like we should start looking out for a place to live durng the time in Brussels Smile
mnuaprk

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 pm
Also received an offer this morning. It was by DG ECFIN. Didn't lobby, but had a phone interview with them in the first week of July. Saw that in other years Facebook groups were set up, so I guess we will create one eventually, especially related to housing we can help each other quite a bit. Looking forward to it!
pepp

on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 pm
Also, do you think there is still a chance of receiving another offer once there is already one in our accounts?
luthien.galadriel

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am
@pepp, apparently not, if you read the posts above.

Guys, if we're out, do they send an email to let us know? Or just in August?? :/
r064

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am
mnuaprk wrote:Also received an offer this morning. It was by DG ECFIN. Didn't lobby, but had a phone interview with them in the first week of July. Saw that in other years Facebook groups were set up, so I guess we will create one eventually, especially related to housing we can help each other quite a bit. Looking forward to it!
Hey mnuaprk! I also received an offer from DG ECFIN! Which unit selected you?
anna.a

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:56 am
I received an offer from DG HOME yesterday morning!

Good luck to everybody Smile
visitor4567

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:40 pm
Hello everyone, and for those who have received an offer already: well done! What background do you guys have? I'm asking because I am just curious to learn about the ideal candidate profile Smile

Also, did anyone here apply to FPI?

I lobbied, but have to admit, I was maybe all too late...
luthien.galadriel

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:10 pm
Hahaha my hope is that nobody here has mentioned any of my preferences, so it might be that they still haven't sent any offers... fingers crossed. No Neutral
rids

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm
Hi guys. I received an offer yesterday. Is there already a group on fb or anything like that to connect with all of the future trainees?
Good luck to all of you still waiting for an offer!
mnuaprk

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:36 pm
r064 wrote:
mnuaprk wrote:Also received an offer this morning. It was by DG ECFIN. Didn't lobby, but had a phone interview with them in the first week of July. Saw that in other years Facebook groups were set up, so I guess we will create one eventually, especially related to housing we can help each other quite a bit. Looking forward to it!

Congrats as well! I'm in the unit 'Global Economy'. What about you? I guess you are in another
r064

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:02 pm
mnuaprk wrote:
r064 wrote:

Congrats as well! I'm in the unit 'Global Economy'. What about you? I guess you are in another

Thank you! You too! Smile I will be working for the Secretariat of the Economic and Financial Committee, the Economic Policy Committee, and the Eurogroup Working Group. Your traineeship is in Brussels?
marigzl

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 pm
Hi everyone,
Congrats to those who got an offer!
Any news for DG Translation?
StbzzStbzz

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:05 pm
rids wrote:Hi guys. I received an offer yesterday. Is there already a group on fb or anything like that to connect with all of the future trainees?
Good luck to all of you still waiting for an offer!

Would definitely be nice if a fb group could be opened!

Also.. anyone joining Clima? Smile
martin.takacs

on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 pm
They were kind of 3rd preference to me, but no interviews or replies to my reach outs took place.
NoName

on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:01 pm
Hi, everyone! Smile Congrats to those who were accepted! Is there anybody who got an offer from Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (FISMA)? Question
GabrielaPrecup

on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:45 pm
Hello everybody ! Congratulation to. everyone having received an offer and good luck for those who are still waiting !
I was so lucky to be selected the very first time I have applied. I have also received the offer for the DG I have applied, DG SANTE-Biotechnology.I would like to make acquaintance with you, my the future colleagues from the Directorate.
Have a nice week-end !
Maggie007

on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:00 pm
Sad i am in despair, looks like most of you have gotten confirmations in the past week. So if i have not been approached by any units and by now haven’t been selected, does it mean it’s all over for me?
Mimoza

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am
Hey all,

Anyone having news from NEAR, DEVCO or EEAS? I am wondering if all of the DGs have sent their offers last week or just some particular DGs that happened to be faster than the others...
That waiting is killing me.

Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum