Go down
masha

Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:31 pm
Guys don't worry, those who received an offer have the time until Wednesday to confirm or reject the offer. In case they do reject it (like myself), maybe you are the first one on a waiting list... so don't lose hope yet
K.B

Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:06 pm
Mimoza, I aplied for EEAS, FPI and NEAR and have not heard from neither of them. I am already starting to think of a plan B as I am starting to lose hope Sad
Marrra

on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 pm
Hi! Congrats to those who are in already and fingers crossed for those still waiting for an answer. As Masha said, there's still time for good news Smile
@Gabriela, I'm also in DG SANTE - Legal affairs. Anyone else ?
zuz_

on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:34 pm
Hey everybody! I got my offer today, so don't lose hope! (DG COMM).
K.B

on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:59 pm
Hello everyone. Have you heard back from the EEAS?
Aleksandra

on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm
Hi everybody!

Yesterday I accepted my offer from the Executive agency INEA. (Anyone else? Surprised )

Got previously contacted also by DG Energy and another agency but kept in contact with my choice.

Also congrats to everyone that already received an offer and to those who haven't yet - good luck and don't lose hope, it's too early Wink
kovt

on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:03 pm
Hi, guys!
I was informed today that DG TRADE had already booked all trainees. Has anyone received an official offer from DG TRADE?
Ann11

on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 pm
Hello guys,

K.B - EEAS is not my choice, but I send an email to the DG of my preference asking about my situation (I mean what happens I'm in I'm out - a little bit of drama) so finally after 2 days they reply telling me that they are still interested (they asked for my reservation)
Maybe if you try to send an email or if you insist (like me) they will also inform you.
Good luck
K.B

on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Thank you Ann11. I fallowed your advise and sent them an email (all the previous emails they have ignored though).
Maria.S

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 am
Hi everyone!I received my offer on Friday in the DG EAC (which was my first choice), after previously sent them an email asking about the status of my application and whether or not they had already reserved all their candidates. So there is still time and hope for everyone waiting and the selecting procedure will run until late August. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to those who are in! Anyone else in EAC?
Mimoza

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:06 pm
Hi Maria,

Congrats to you!
Did you send that e-mail to one of the addresses in the attached list that we received in the beginning of June?

I am a bit confused because i see that many people are actually sending e-mails/lobbying to different e-mail addresses of those in that attached list, which to me would be out of the rules, but anyway.

If there is someone that received an offer/news from DEVCO, NEAR or EEAC, I would be very thankful to know... so at least I can stop hoping for good news Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thank you in advance.

Good luck to everyone.
K.B

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi Mimoza,
seems like we are sitting in the same boat - 2 out of 3 of my choices overlap with yours. So far nothing back from them but I received this email from the traineeship office:

Although the bulk of traineeship offers have been sent out, it is possible that some cancellations will follow and recruitments are currently ongoing to find replacements.

The process continues right up to the month of September (and even later given that duration for a traineeship is for a minimum of 3 months).

We wish you the very best of luck and we do hope that you manage to secure a successful placement.
Mimoza

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Hi K.B.

So does that mean that NEAR, DEVCO, EEAS have sent their offers already and we were not the lucky once? It would be really useful to know that.

Thanks!
Mtr

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm
Mimoza wrote:Hi Maria,

Congrats to you!
Did you send that e-mail to one of the addresses in the attached list that we received in the beginning of June?

I am a bit confused because i see that many people are actually sending e-mails/lobbying to different e-mail addresses of those in that attached list, which to me would be out of the rules, but anyway.

If there is someone that received an offer/news from DEVCO, NEAR or EEAC, I would be very thankful to know... so at least I can stop hoping for good news  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  

Thank you in advance.

Good luck to everyone.

Hey there,

It seems like we have very similar experiences. I was also not aware that lobbying at specific units was common practice and when I realized, it was already too late it seems (I sent my emails on June 23). I did eventually get a reply from an EEAS unit I contacted that might also be of interest to you: He told me today that they had already found a candidate and already had so before I sent my emails (i.e. in early June). Would therefore not surprise me if indeed we did not get lucky this time unfortunately - not taking in account what K.B. just posted.
kovt

on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 pm
I am in a similar situation guys. I did lobby quite a lot but 90 % of my emails have been disregarded. This , however, may very well be due to the fact that I am a non-EU citizen. Still wondering how likely it is to get an offer without previously been contacted.
Maggie007

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:31 pm
Sounds like if you are non-EU, you have very minimal chances... I am a non-EU and 99% of my emails have been disregarded...

I heard today from DG DEVCO that "The selection process for the stagiaires is already over"...

BTW guys, when you lobbied, have you sent your CVs? I only sent my bluebook #... did i make a big mistake?
Mimoza

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 pm
Maggie007,

which e-mail did you use for communication with DEVCO? The one from the attached list in the pre-selection mail right? It's really sad, that they don't give any clear answer to us, that have not been selected.

Best,
Mimoza
Mimoza

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Maggie007 wrote:Sounds like if you are non-EU, you have very minimal chances... I am a non-EU and 99% of my emails have been disregarded...

I heard today from DG DEVCO that "The selection process for the stagiaires is already over"...

BTW guys, when you lobbied, have you sent your CVs? I only sent my bluebook #... did i make a big mistake?  

On your question: I don't know which is the right way to do it. I didn't send my CV, but just candidate number. I also contacted only my three preferences via the e-mails, given in the attached list.

Best,
M

martin.takacs

on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 pm
It's kind of over: (upon a question received this answer)

Although the bulk of traineeship offers have been sent out, it is possible that some cancellations will follow and recruitments are currently ongoing to find replacements.

The process continues right up to the month of September (and even later given that duration for a traineeship is for a minimum of 3 months).

We wish you the very best of luck and we do hope that you manage to secure a successful placement.

With kind regards,
Mimoza

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am
martin.takacs wrote:It's kind of over: (upon a question received this answer)

With kind regards,

Yeah, I received the exact same e-mail as an answer on my request for updates Smile

nkhurtsi

on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 pm
Maggie007 wrote:Sounds like if you are non-EU, you have very minimal chances... I am a non-EU and 99% of my emails have been disregarded...

I lobbied and sent my CV as well during the very first week.Received just 1 reply stating that the selection process has began )) so no-you haven't made any mistake.
The people I know that had an internship (EU candidates of course), did not even lobby, this is a very subjective process and our input does not seem to be making much difference.

pepe

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am
Has anyone else also applied for the traineeship at the European Parliament? I got an email today stating that I was shortlisted and I'm not quite sure what to do now (I've already accepted an offer from the EC). Do you guys know which place is better in terms of traineeships? I've heard the traineeship at the EC is better organised but, well, that's not a very comprehensive view Very Happy
Lawyer

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 am
Hey I did! And I got the same email as you from the European Parliament. Does your email specify for where are you shortlisted?
Maggie007

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm
Oh i wish i knew about the traineeship at the european parliament! Can non-eu apply for european parliament though?
LeBluff

on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Hey guys, I also got an email today from the European Parliament saying I have been shortlisted. However, it states that being shortlisted is no guarantee of an offer, does anyone know what the likelihood is of an offer once you have been shortlisted?
ricpanella

on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:45 am
Hi everyone. I also recieved an email yesterday from the EP saying that I have been shortlisted. How long do you think it's going to take to recieve an official email after I send the documents they requested? What is the likelihood of actually being accepted?
laura_m_

on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 pm
Hey,

Looking back at forums from previous years, those who were shortlisted started receiving confirmation emails around the beginning of August. So I presume it might be the same for us?

Laura  x
Aushrah

on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:14 am
Hi everyone in the forum!

I would like to ask you guys if you know whether different DGs or units can send us the offers simultaneously. I mean is it possible to get two offers at the same time?
I received my offer 5 days ago, and I am asked to accept/decline it within 7 days. However, the offer came from a unit outside my preferences. What happens if I decline it? Would the traineeship office take it as if I don't want to do the traineeship this year. Or would then other units access my application and be able to send me their offers (in case they select me, I suppose they can't do it once one offer has already been sent to me. Could anyone advice me on this?
Lawyer

on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 am
For the EP do we have to inclyde also the transcript with our grades or just thw copy of the diploma.

Thanks
laura_m_

on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 am
On my email there was no mention of a transcript with our grades so I only sent over the diploma.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum