Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The units already selected their trainees (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey guys,

I had a phone interview last Wednsday. At the end they asked me to send them a paper or anything written by me to check my writing skills and I haven't heard a word after that! Sad What should I do? Should I contact them?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ceciw

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi chaps!
First of all, congrats to all of those who got selected!
Quick question. Did anyone got feedback from Enterprise & Industry or Humanitarian Aid? Those are my 2 first choices and I know selection processes are now finished. I haven't been contacted so I assume I didn't make to the final stage but would like to confirm with the rest of you just in case.
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alira

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Apparently, the Automotiva Industry Unit of the Enterpr & Industry DG has already selected its candidate. The Entrepreneurship Unit does not take stagiares this term. That's the feedback I got after having sent them emails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theobatha

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Just to let you know, I found out that Asia-Pacific unit of relex is not taking in trainees this term... hope it helps someone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alicia

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 pm

123 wrote:
Hey guys,

I had a phone interview last Wednsday. At the end they asked me to send them a paper or anything written by me to check my writing skills and I haven't heard a word after that! Sad What should I do? Should I contact them?

Thanks in advance!

Hi 123! The same happened to me. I haven't contacted them yet (although I guess that now it's already too late), have you?

Good luck to everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lagbaja

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 am

Wow, It seems I have been oblivious to this whole process, I got pre-selected and never even thought of sending e-mails or lobbying. As a result I have not gotten any phone calls.....(suprise, suprise)...lol.....Anyways my first choice was DG Dev, was anybody called by DG Dev for an interview? Thanks for all the info, I guess I just have to hang tight and pray for a miracle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katia

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 am

Hi!

Have anyone already received any info regarding admission?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krista

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 am

I just "spammed" all the units I lobbied asking about the status of my application.

So, AGRI B.2 - Enlargement has already chosen someone that's not me. Very Happy

I will post any other info I receive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krista

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

DG AGRI - Rural Dev. II unit answered very ambigously. I understand they are able to take on a trainee, but they will inform the candidates in time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edaco

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi guys, congrats to everybody that got selected!

Here is my story: My first choice was the Legal Dept and the 2nd was Justice Liberty and Security. Two weeks after i got the preselected email (2 weeks ago i think) , and having not lobbied at all, i received a phone call by the head of a unit in de Human Resources and Security Dept telling me that i was not selected by my two first choices, but this DG was interested in having me as their trainee next period... of course i accepted.. after that i answer an email that they send me saying i was grateful for thinking on me and bla bla bla, and the next day they reply that i will like the job and to enjoy the summer, and that later on they will contact me for practicalities...

That's it.. i guess i m in .. waiting for administrative call or email ... (I hope I’m in I quit my job lol)

Good luck all !!! (great forum Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfonsom

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:22 am

Congrats!

My story is different I lobbied and my first selection didnt choose me and I received 0 calls

This is the email:

"Monsieur,
Je regrette de vous informer que vous n'avez pas été choisi cette fois-ci pour un stage dans mon unité.
Je vous remercie de votre intérêt et vous souhaite bonne chance pour votre candidature ailleurs à la Commission.
Meilleures salutations, "

So Im really dissaponted... Good luck for everybody
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The units already selected their trainees (?)   

Back to top Go down

The units already selected their trainees (?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3