Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Selection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SisBliss

PostSubject: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:33 pm

The job offers or rejection e-mails were sent right about this time last year. Anyone has any news?
Greets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wawa

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:24 pm

do you mean the official e-mails from the traineeship department?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callie

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm

The Traineeship website says that offers (and rejections) will be known before mid-July. Since the selection news was delayed by a week or so, I suspect that it won't be for another week or two before we get the good or bad news!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theresia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 pm

yes, if the selections closed at the 22 june then they probably need at least a week and a half before the official letters can be sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theresia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:06 pm

TAKE THAT BACK!!!!! I JUST GOT THE OFFER!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SisBliss

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

I have an offer too. Will be in DG ENV. Looking forward to see you all. Good luck Smile
Greets
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfonsom

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Well Congrats for you all!

Im sad, very sad because :
Dear candidate,
The Commission services and Executive Agencies have now selected their trainees. I regret to inform you that you have not been selected.
Please note that some late selection will still be made:
If candidates decline the offer, services will make new selections. Late selection continues until all available places are filled or the deadline has been reached. Please do not contact the Traineeship Office or the services regarding late selection. If you are selected, we will contact you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SisBliss

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Don t give up. People really get selected on the late selection!!! Still a chance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krista

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:20 pm

I got rejected too although I had an interview and a CV request Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xano213

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Got an offer, too!
DG Comp Smile

CAN'T WAIT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callie

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Hard luck to those that didn't get an offer, but as already stated, keep some hope because they will be some late selections!

I got an offer, from a DG that I didn't pick and had no contact from them even though another DG rang and emailed me. This whole process is very confusing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexe

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Got a rejection email ... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfonsom

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Yep, the process is confusing. I lobbied, I think i make good impression. Bue here I'm without any offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I got the offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DG EMPL!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy:)))) no lobbying at all!
Good luck to you guys!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epsofun

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm

got an offer from my 1st choice, DG-RELEX!!!! Without any interviews or anything... Man I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lu

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm in as well!!!! see you all in Brussels:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeannek

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Me toooo!!! I still can't believe it. Anybody else will be in DG EAC???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kattie

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 pm

rejection here Sad No phone calls, nor e-mail, I sent out 4 mails myself though... Congrats to those selected!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alicia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 pm

I got an offer as well! DG INFOSO...anyone else there Smile?

Congratulations to all of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edaco

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi guys,
I will work in the Human resource and security DG, has anyone been selected to this Dept??

Congrats to all the selected!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lalandia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello,

It seems that I'm also a lucky one - got an offer from SANCO, HR unit!
Anyone else from SANCO here?

Just a small background - SANCO wasn't on my "wish list", I haven't lobbied at all and as I mentioned in another thread - I had an interview and the next day an answer that I'm their selected candidate. So it looks that everyone here has its own story..

Good luck to everyone rejected - you still have high chances to be selected 'cause many ppl refuse their placements.

See you in Brussels!

Kasia (Poland)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

I'm in too..I'm so happy because after beign refused in December I was really pissed...and now I'm so happy instead. So if you have not been selected this time, please do not lose hope :-)

By the way, in December I got the rejection e-mail on the same day the selected people got admitted. I remember that a girl I met on this forum did not receive any e-mail and was eventually selected mid-January. So if you didn't get anything by now you might still be under consideration.

@ epsofun: I'll be in Relex too. I guess you must be working in Unit H3, since the HoU who selected me to told me that for this selection round only two Relex units had traineeship placements (I'll be in the other one btw)

I still don't know if they selected me because of my lobbying e-mail or just by searching in the Blue Book. Relex was not one of my chosen DGs (actually, I was really interested in working there but didn't indicate it as my first choice since I knew it was way too popular), but I sent an e-mail with my c.v. and motivation letter only to those two units, as my profile is really specific and I thought they might be interested. I'll ask them when I get there..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 am

hi guys!

I'm wondering if we should write an e-mail confirming our interest in internship, what do you think? I was selected, but I don't know if I should reply:)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
epsofun

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am

gaia wrote:

@ epsofun: I'll be in Relex too. I guess you must be working in Unit H3, since the HoU who selected me to told me that for this selection round only two Relex units had traineeship placements (I'll be in the other one btw)

Nah not in H3, I got into a unit in the C Directorate... Strange that we got different info since I got told H3 does not have a place for a trainee this time round. Also, I think it sounds kind of bizarre that there's only two relex units with traineeship placements, because I heard they usually have quite a few trainees?? Oh, the mystery...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:51 am

@ epsofun

Very strange indeed..
This is how it went. On June 8th I sent an e-mail to the HoUs of H3 and H4 (after calling the secretaries to ask for the address). When I called back on the 11th, I could not speak to the head of unit H3 - the secretary stopped me, saying the selection was still in progress and she could not tell me more - but I managed to speak with unit H4. The secretary forwarded my call to the HoU who told me that both units were interested in my profile and that they had to decide which one would hire me, so I just had to be patient and wait... He also told me they were the only 2 units entitled to take on trainees. Maybe he meant they were the only two in the H directorate.

In general, the whole selection process seems to be quite mysterious..
I realized that some DGs make their choices very early, in the first week after preselection (for ex. Europeaid, Echo); some others take more time (I had an interview with Trade on the 11th of June, and they told me they had another week to decide). DEV went even further (I think they closed the selection around the 22nd).
I was quite against lobbying but I decided to do it after the first week passed without any calls.
I first called the HoU secretaries, asked if I should send the e-mail to them or to the HoU directly, and then called back in a few days to know if it was received and if they were interested.
In general, all the people I talked to were nice, so I guess it was worth giving it a try..even if I still don't know if I my selection was due to a Blue Book search or to my lobbying activities :-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theresia

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm

I got selected by EACEA, that I did not have as one of my preferences. I realized in retrospect that i should have had it as my first choice and I lobbied them. Even though I got an email back saying that lobbying is forbidden and that I should send them no more emails, I can't help thinking that they must have seen my name and had a look in the blue book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chloé

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 am

Hi everyone!

Since this forum really helped me while waiting for preselection and selection (thank you forum founder), I would like to share "my story"... maybe it can contribute to the guidance given here, but it might actually also cause more confusion Very Happy

I am a Belgian law student and was in the middle of my exams when preselection results were known. Therefore I could only send one week later a lot of "lobby" e-mails to my three preferred DG's. My e-mails (with CV and application form in attachment) were quite long and diverse, whereby I explained my motivation, background and skills for the particular unit. I can only advise future candidates to act as soon as possible, because I received immediatly some friendly e-mails answering that they already selected a candidate. In general, it struck my eye how friendly everyone answered (like: "you have a very interesting CV but do not fit in our language profile" or "we'll take your interest definitely into account"), even a few weeks after my e-mail. So it seems to me that you better take the "risk of lobbying" than doing nothing.

One week later (so second week after preselection), one of my favourite units of my first choice DG (COMP) answered to my e-mail that I was shortlisted for their unit and requested an interview in person. The conversation was conducted in English and quite chill, going from my future plans to european law courses, erasmus exchange etc. I spent the week after between badly studying and staring at my phone.

The strange thing is that another unit of COMP (so third week) called me to ask if I was interested and available. Afterwards it all seems very ironic, because I did not send them any e-mail (it's quite a small unit, somewhat hidden in the organigram :p) but their activities match perfectly with my interests... They called the first unit (who preferred another candidate after all but said some nice things about me I guess) and after one short and pleasant telephone conversation my traineeship was all of a sudden definitive Very Happy

So, congratulations to all selected candidates!! I am so looking forward to it! For the non selected, do not give up hope, all the stories on this forum point in the direction of "always expect the unexpectable" ;-)

Chloé
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kokolo

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am

hello everybody!
i would just like to ask if all of you got some kind of an answer? Yes/ No and from whom did it come exactly? (traineeship office or DGs?)
b/c there is no answer here :-)??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wawa

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:31 pm

@kokolo. i've gotten the official answer form the traineeship office.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SisBliss

PostSubject: Re: Selection   Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

@ kokolo I ve also gotten te e-mail offering a trainee placement by the Traineeships Office. Hang in there, no answer means also no "NO" answer. I m sure something will come up
Best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selection   

Back to top Go down

Selection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next