Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Letter from the Commission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Callie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh thanks Frenchie. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lolo

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 am

desesperada wrote:
@ Ginger: I will send it as scanned copies because otherwise I won't meet the deadline.
But I was also wondering whether the scanned version is enough for the EC.

hiya!

I've sent the documents via e-mail as scans and in reply got confirmation that they're ok and I don't need to send anything via normal post. So it seems like the scans are really enough Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey guys!
A question to all those who sent the required documents by post - did you get a confirmation e-mail from the Traineeship Office saying they received your letter? confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Is anybody else having trouble emailing the EAC-STAGES...email? I've tried emailing it twice already this morning and I keep getting 'failed delivery notices'. Disaster!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Callie wrote:
Is anybody else having trouble emailing the EAC-STAGES...email? I've tried emailing it twice already this morning and I keep getting 'failed delivery notices'. Disaster!

Same for me. I called them this morning and they said it's just temporary. They also told me that they are very flexible with the July 29 deadline for the official documents - they know that letters sent by post are always arriving late, so they told me not to worry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Frenchie wrote:
Same for me. I called them this morning and they said it's just temporary. They also told me that they are very flexible with the July 29 deadline for the official documents - they know that letters sent by post are always arriving late, so they told me not to worry.

I am emailing my documents. The deadline confuses me. Can I email them on the Thursday 29? The offer letter was confusing as it said to send the documents 'before 29', and then it said 'by 29' and then it also said 'on 29'. Those three phrases all mean different things!

What is everybody else doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rroxx_snd

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Frenchie, why don.t u just send them once you have them? usually when someone gives a deadline it means by 12.00 pm of the day mentioned! so do not worry, i already sent it and everything is ok! so do it anytime as long as u don.t pass over 29...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:37 pm

rroxx_snd wrote:
Frenchie, why don.t u just send them once you have them? usually when someone gives a deadline it means by 12.00 pm of the day mentioned! so do not worry, i already sent it and everything is ok! so do it anytime as long as u don.t pass over 29...

The thing is: I sent all documents by post a week ago, from Brussels ... to Brussels (!!!) and it has not arrived at the Traineeship's Office yet. Today I re-printed all documents, scanned them and sent them by e-mail, just to be sure.
Anyway, thanks for the advice!

BTW the traineeship's office e-mail is working again!

Callie wrote:
I am emailing my documents. The deadline confuses me. Can I email them on the Thursday 29? The offer letter was confusing as it said to send the documents 'before 29', and then it said 'by 29' and then it also said 'on 29'. Those three phrases all mean different things!
What is everybody else doing?

Callie, just e-mail the documents before the 29th if you want to be sure, but as I said earlier, people at the Traineeship's Office are all on summer holiday anyway and they told me on the phone that they are not really fussy about this deadline so don't worry!

Last edited by Frenchie on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added Callie reply)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaia

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm

I sent them by e-mail yesterday and received the confirmation today around noon.
Just a generic e-mail with a standard text:
"This message confirms receipt of your signed acceptance form for the training period starting 1 October 2010. If you have any question about the traineeship, you can contact the person mentioned at the top of this message"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 am

Hi everyone,

i have applied for the traineeship as well, and have been waiting for the final notification of selection or not. I passed the preselection, and received two offers by phone, after accepting one of them, I've been waiting for the final offer via email and mail, but nothing yet.

I guess that even if you're not selected, you receive an email?

Has anyone info on this?

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:53 am

Kida - contact the person from the Traineeships Office - call them or send an email. My friend had a similar situation - they just forgot about him and forgot to send him the documents, because of that he couldn't start the traineeship with the other stagiaires. He came in the end, but had a lot of stress because of that - I would contact the Traineeships Office ASAP!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 am

Aneena thanx for the info,

I've actually emailed them a week ago, and still haven't received any response :S

i'm trying the contact through the website as a last resource

thnx again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Where are you from? Which is your desk officer? Just call them!!! I have only the telephone number for some countries, but I would just call, it's always the fastest way in case the responsible person is on holidays for the next 4 weeks (and most ppl at the Commission are not there right now).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kida

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Thnx again,

I received a notification I wasn't selected, disappointing since i received two offers by two different DG's.

btw I'm for Albania, and now I'm trying to get some feedback on what caused the application not to be successful. Do you have any idea if they provide this feedback.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:12 am

Hey guys!

Does anyone knows when is the official welcome ceremony??? On the offer it is said that I should be present on Oct 4 in my DG, but there is nothing said about the welcome conference...

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
makinza

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am

Hello everybody!
Does anyone know when does it start and end the Christmas holiday’s period? This information would be very useful to start planning trips and flights!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Happy

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:13 am

Christmas break will be in the period 23 Dec - 03 Jan. For more info you can check the following link:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ%3AC%3A2008%3A166%3A0018%3A0018%3AEN%3APDF

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Commission   

Back to top Go down

Letter from the Commission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2