Share
Go down
Guest
Guest

Re: General Topic

on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:57 pm
Happy New Year to all of you,

no news from the Commission yet... I guess it should come soon, I wish you all the best for it and for the rest !
EUcitizen
Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-12-16

Re: General Topic

on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:48 pm
Welcome back frog!

Me neither, although I missed two phonecalls today and yesterday from an unknown number.. but I don't think the Commission would call after 6 pm...
Ann88
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-23

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 pm
Hey guys,

I can say the same cuz I have no e-mails, no phone calls.

Am I right that they will inform the applicants even if those applicants are rejected?
avatar
Lucas
Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-07-29

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:08 pm
Ann88 wrote:Hey guys,

I can say the same cuz I have no e-mails, no phone calls.

Am I right that they will inform the applicants even if those applicants are rejected?

That is how it should be. they suppose to inform anyway.

Seems that we have only 10 days left. All responses till mid January right?


Good luck to all of you,
Lu
Ann88
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-23

Re: General Topic

on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am
Lucas wrote:
Ann88 wrote:Hey guys,

I can say the same cuz I have no e-mails, no phone calls.

Am I right that they will inform the applicants even if those applicants are rejected?

That is how it should be. they suppose to inform anyway.

Seems that we have only 10 days left. All responses till mid January right?


Good luck to all of you,
Lu

Yes, exactly till mid January. I can't wait anymore Smile it seems that the most of applicants have received their responses.

Kind regards and good luck.
myrskypilvi
Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

Re: General Topic

on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 am
Ann88 wrote:

Yes, exactly till mid January. I can't wait anymore Smile it seems that the most of applicants have received their responses.


What? Who has got a final response?

Not that many here, and I don't know anyone personally either... Well, in one more week we all will know!

bounce
avatar
Lucas
Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-07-29

Re: General Topic

on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm
myrskypilvi wrote:
Ann88 wrote:

Yes, exactly till mid January. I can't wait anymore Smile it seems that the most of applicants have received their responses.


What? Who has got a final response?

Not that many here, and I don't know anyone personally either... Well, in one more week we all will know!

bounce

Yap, me neither.
I think that it is conversely. Most of applicants havn't received anything yet.
Only some individuals got the info.

Regards,
Lu.
Ann88
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-23

Re: General Topic

on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:32 pm
May be I got it wrong) however it's more exciting if you are interviewed or simply have any real dialog, for example (no matter via Internet or by phone).

but....hope springs eternal in the human breast Very Happy

wish you good luck Smile Wink
myrskypilvi
Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

Re: General Topic

on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:38 am
Of course it would feel nicer to have heard some interest on your application by now, although that does not necessarily mean that you will actually be recruited (by that unit).

And I know that there are quite a few people who got selected without being interviewed / contacted by a unit during the selection period.

I just thought from your message that the traineeship office has already sent the offers to the most people. Which they apparently still haven't done! At least here no happy screams so far... So there is still hope for all of us! Smile

So... Less than week. As I think they won't be working on Saturday because of this, but send those letters by Friday evening the latest.
karenina
Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-12-07

Re: General Topic

on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:43 pm
Lucas wrote:
Ann88 wrote:Hey guys,

I can say the same cuz I have no e-mails, no phone calls.

Am I right that they will inform the applicants even if those applicants are rejected?

That is how it should be. they suppose to inform anyway.

Seems that we have only 10 days left. All responses till mid January right?


Good luck to all of you,
Lu



it's actually FROM mid-January !

I quote the e-mail I got from the traineeship office:

"Commission services might contact you for an informal interview - please bear in mind though that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January."
myrskypilvi
Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

Re: General Topic

on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:03 pm
karenina wrote:
it's actually FROM mid-January !

I quote the e-mail I got from the traineeship office:

"Commission services might contact you for an informal interview - please bear in mind though that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January."

Well, the Traineeship website states than the results will be announced BEFORE mid-January... Here:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/selection_en.htm#Infotab2

I really hope they will stick to that date!
lycka
Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-12-07

Re: General Topic

on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:12 pm
Hi guys

Well, hopefully we won't have by January 17, let's hope we'll get it by Friday- the 14th! From what I read on these blogs, in the previous years they used to get the final response some days before January 15. I really hope during the following week we'll know about the outcome.

It's interesting how a lot of people didn't receive any unofficial e-mail/calls from any Unit so far. I actually believe we are quite many such applicants. That does give me hope to be honest... Smile.....I think it's been more than enough waiting, finally it will be all over very soon Very Happy. Good luck everyone!
karenina
Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-12-07

Re: General Topic

on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:33 pm
myrskypilvi wrote:

Well, the Traineeship website states than the results will be announced BEFORE mid-January... Here:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/selection_en.htm#Infotab2

I really hope they will stick to that date!

haha! well, I hope they make up their mind Wink
mike
Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-09

Re: General Topic

on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:56 pm
Hey guys,

Anyone from the U.S. in here which has received a response as of yet?!

This waiting game is killing me but at least it's the last week and I see I'm not the only one who is stressing out about this Surprised

Good luck to everyone!
Ann88
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-23

Re: General Topic

on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 pm
mike wrote:
This waiting game is killing me but at least it's the last week and I see I'm not the only one who is stressing out about this Surprised

Yes, it's killing) completely))
ank
Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-01-11

Re: General Topic

on Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 pm
Hi
I am new on this site....I want to ask you if you receive an answer, please, let us know...I am waiting too for an answer and I don't understand why it takes so long to give it.
Thx
myrskypilvi
Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm
Still nothing... Crying or Very sad

Dying a very slow & painful death here!
Guest
Guest

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm
nothing here neither...

wondering though if it'll be sent out before the 15th or "from mid-January"...
Ugne
Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-01-11

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:59 pm
I somehow doubt that they would do it on time... Next week sounds more believable... This waiting makes me crazy!
Ann88
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-23

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 pm
completely united with u...guys)
Franzi86
Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-12-07

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm
Another person going crazy here...
I feel like the last couple times they sent those offer emails a lot sooner, like last year it seemed that a lot of people knew before Christmas if they got an offer or not.
mike
Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-09

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm
Franzi86 wrote:Another person going crazy here...
I feel like the last couple times they sent those offer emails a lot sooner, like last year it seemed that a lot of people knew before Christmas if they got an offer or not.

Yea, last year I was preselected as well and found out before Christmas. Then again, I wasn't selected so I'm curious to see what happens this time around.

In terms of the difference of from-or-before January 15th...I think they let you know before the 15th if you're selected or not, and then after the 15th they just make it official (I believe they mail it to you or something).

Mike
lycka
Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-12-07

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Franzi86 wrote:Another person going crazy here...
I feel like the last couple times they sent those offer emails a lot sooner, like last year it seemed that a lot of people knew before Christmas if they got an offer or not.

Yes, I agree, it took them way too long this time. I guess they want to simplify things by sending answers to everyone at the same time.

I bet we'll get the answer on Friday at 5 p.m. Who's with me on this? bounce
myrskypilvi
Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

Re: General Topic

on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 pm
lycka wrote:

I bet we'll get the answer on Friday at 5 p.m. Who's with me on this? bounce

Me! Me! Me!

But I won't mind if we are wrong totally wrong and get the answer already tomorrow. Wink
nefeloca
Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-11-30

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 am
I was pretending to be calm but now i am dying to read the decision!!
Let's hope that we willhave received all answers by friday!!
Fingers crossed and good luck to every single one of us!! Smile
Guest
Guest

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:13 am
hello !

I would like to get the answers on friday at 5pm like you said, but I'm not convinced that's how they proceed : last year we got the answers way earlier (end of December) but they also proceeded in batches and didn't sent the answers all in the same time.

Well, no ideas more on how and when it will happen but sooner or later... we'll get it !

XabaCs
Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 30

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:53 am
Oh man...I got to stop reading this topic until I get an answer, I become more anxious than necessary from every sentence posted here.
Still, now that the "due-date" is near...I don't know if I can help it...not even for 1 day Laughing
operom
Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-12-15

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 pm
FYI: according to the email that I received from the Traineeship Office (from the worker who is responsible for the trainees from the following countries: EL,CZ,PL,SI,SK) the results should be sent out at the beginning of the next week.
Ugne
Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-01-11

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm
I really hope they will stick to that one...
ioanacozma
Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-01-08

Re: General Topic

on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 pm
Hopefully we'll get the answer tomorrow the latest . This waiting is awful Sad(
Sponsored content

Re: General Topic

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum