Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Preselection done!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
myrskypilvi

PostSubject: Preselection done!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 am

Most of you probably got an email already if you were preselected. And the unfortunately rejected ones will get informed today. But you can also check with your candidate number in the database:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/lists/m11_preselected_en.htm

For those of you who didn't get preselected, don't take it too hard, do it better next time!I wasn't preselected last time, but now I am!

For the preselected: congrats! But it is not over yet, there are still about four of us for each spot...

Good luck!
Minna

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hendy

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 pm

I am preselected!
good luck, everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anna17

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:44 pm

hello everyone and cograts to the preselected!!

unfortunately, I am not among the pre-selected ones:( but I have asked my marks and I was 1 point under the threshold!Smile seems soo funny, I really thought I did worst than that so I'll try again for the next round.
good luck to all of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
koelnerjung

PostSubject: Preselected but no Email received...   Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi there,

I have checked out the website and I am preselected according to my indicated applicant number. But, I haven't received any email yet.

I'm a bit scared that when I am chosen for a traineeship I won't get an email neither and I would never get to know it pale or do others of you make the same experience? Preselected but no email??

Thanks for an answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrskypilvi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi koelnerjung,

In your case I would contact the Traineeship Office, and tell them your problem. You could do this already now, or just wait until mid-january, when people start telling here that they have been selected. If you don't get any email then, you should contact the Traineeship Office at that point the latest! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soso

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi guys,

Im preselected also.

Best of luck !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy3180

PostSubject: Threshold? Min. points?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 am

anna17 wrote:
hello everyone and cograts to the preselected!!

unfortunately, I am not among the pre-selected ones:( but I have asked my marks and I was 1 point under the threshold!Smile

Hi all,
Can someone tell me the min. number of points one must get to be pre-selected? What is the max. number of points reachable?
Thanks,
Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tomi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 am

Does someone know are we allowed to ask for our score if we have been preselected? Anyone tried?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrskypilvi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 am

Hi all,

the minimum points are different for each nationality! The max. was pointed out on the application website:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/preselection_en.htm#Infotab2

under "how?" So it is max. 2x10 = 20 points.

So you just have to send an email to the address you got in your rejection & they will tell your your personal score & the national threshold. It is an good indication for the future. Last time I was two points below the threshold, and now I'm in! Smile

@ Tomi: I'm not totally certain, but if I remember correctly, you will not get your score if you're preselected. It also might be that it isn't even visible in the bluebook for the recruiting DGs... But this is just something I THINK I read at some point somewhere...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
andy3180

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey myrskypilvi,
Thanks for your reply. However, you might not be 100% correct. I have been pre-selected as well and have more than 20 points. It doesn't matter so much what the max. was I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moe

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Preselected. Which came as a surprise.
Now I'm trying to get in touch with DG Aidco (through the e-mail provided by the traineeship office) but all I hear back is delivery failure. WTF?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nefeloca

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:43 pm

On 30 of November i received the e-mail that i was preselected
and today i received an offer for traineeship from a DG in Luxembourgh!!
Of course i already accepted.

I did not lobby or had a phone interview. So that means that they really look at the VBBook for the candidates that suit their needs!!

I haven't believe it yet!! I hope it's not a joke Razz

Good Luck to everyone!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrskypilvi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am

Congrats, Nefeloca! That is really quick. Smile

Here nothing yet, no call, no offer. Decided not to lobby though. My life is so complicated as it is... So don't want to push it. If it is meant to be, they will find my awesome application in the VBB. Wink

And then I'll deal with the complications!

Good luck to everyone!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOCTURNER

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Hello Guys,
I congratulate Nefeloca for the speedy Gonzales response regarding his application.
I have been pre-selected recently and look forward to the final response: Yes yes yes answer.. Smile
What are your plans for accomodation? would appreciate hearing your comments.

Best luck,
Cenk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nefeloca

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Hey myrskypilvi and NOCTURNER,

thank you so much for your wishes!!!!!
I hope everything goes great for you and that your expectations are going to be fulfilled!!!
I was exrtemely lucky to have a response so fast maybe because what i do is more technical, as i am a web designer and they had an ongoing project on that subject.

Accommodation is a tough question!! i don't know yet, cause for now i live in scotland so i have some issues to solve till then. there is time for thta, but pls let me know in case u r going to be in Lux. Very Happy

good luck to everyone and hope that you receive great news really soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
damianoos

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Hello everyone! Unfortunately I did not get pre-selected:( I have to say that this was my first time applying to the EU Commission traineeship. I have sent an email requesting my score result so I'll know where to improve. I would like to ask some of you if you could tell me from your own experience especially the question goes to the ppl who did not get pre-selected, but tried another time and got in. What did you do to improve your application, based on your experience from the first failure of being not pre-selected. Did you make "big" changes in your successful application from the previous one? Thank you in advance for any responses which are greatly appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karenina

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi everybody! I got preselected too Smile
but I received no phone call at all. for those who're interested, I did try sending an e-mail to my fave DGs but all they send back is an automatic reply thanking you for applying for a traineeship there. however I doubt they're really gonna read the e-mail at all..!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia D

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:38 am

hey everyone,

I got a phone call from a hidden number yesterday, but I was sleeping so I'm thinking maybe it was one of the DGs i've chosen,because 2 other people told me they have been contacted by hidden numbers..the problem is they didn't left any msg so I was wondering if any one of you was contacted with a hidden number when interviewed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lazodeuts

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anybody has already heard from the DGs Competition or DG ECFIN?
I had my phone interview with DG Trade, my first priority, yesterday, everything went well, my interviewer, my potential future boss told me that she favored me and so I had my hopes up high. Today, however, I received an email that she couldn't make the decision alone and so they decided for the other candidate... huge bummer...
She however told me that my application was strong and that I should lobby at the other DGs. I am really considering doing that over the weekend...
Wouldn't make much sense, though, if everything is already decided... I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me some more over the weekend!
@Claudia D: Yup, when they called me yesterday the number was also hidden
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soso

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Hey ,

Hope you're having better luck than me, so far I've sent a couple of emails out to lobby for my chosen DGs (AIDCO and ECHO) but no news yet ...
Anybody heard from those DGs yet ???

Gd luck to you all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia D

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:29 pm

@lazodeuts Thanks for your answer, it sucks that they didn't leave any message though, and afterwards they didn't contact me again :/
But I think the person you talked to makes sense, even if you won't be chosen for Trade there are some DGs that didn't decide yet, so you still have a shot. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preselection done!   

Back to top Go down

Preselection done!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: March 2011 Traineeship-
Jump to: