Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Here we go again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
krista



Posts : 58
Join date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:08 am

First post! Wohoo! So, I'm applying for the fourth time. Last time I was shortlisted and interviewed, but nothing in the end. I'm crossing my fingers for this time.

Any other repeats out there? Or any application tips from succesful trainees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonita



Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 pm

That`s my third and probably last time when I am applying! The first time I was shortlisted but nothing happened, the last round I wasn`t even pre-selected! Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lamazi



Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi there,

it's the same with me, first time I was preselected, next time not. Let's see if I make it this time Smile

good luck guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiana_suk



Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-05-20
Location : UK (Croatian)

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi all,

I am just comlete my application. Second time - 1st time I wasn't even preselcted. Are you from the EU states or?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EUcitizen



Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me, whether someone on this forum has been preselected for a second or third time, by sending in almost the same motivation etc. as the first application.

I was just wondering if this would work Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hendy



Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:16 pm

well i was preselected this time for the first time and i altered significantly my application, compared to the previous time when i wasn't among the preselected
if i don't get selected, i plan to modify it again and try one more time

the thing is that your preselection depends on how many candidates with better applications apply from your country... and you cannot control that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
davor



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-01-09
Age : 32
Location : Zagreb, Croatia

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:11 pm

I am applying for the first time.. Let's hope for the best! Hope to see you all in Brussels in November Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anna17



Posts : 16
Join date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:45 pm

hello everyone,

I'm among those who don't give up to get to the EC:).

I am trying to fill in my profile on the Traineeship Office website but I cannot use my ID and password of the previous application.Do I have to register again?
Many thanks for your answer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lamazi



Posts : 52
Join date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:28 pm

yes, you have to register again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrskypilvi



Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:29 pm

anna17 wrote:

I am trying to fill in my profile on the Traineeship Office website but I cannot use my ID and password of the previous application.Do I have to register again?
Many thanks for your answer

Hi Anna,

if I remember correctly from last time, you do have to register all over again.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi everyone,
this is the first time I apply, and I have many many doubts about the application module (actually, this is also the first time I apply ever, because I didn't need to do it for my last job). I'm quite scared, and I'm sure there are tons of candidates better than I am!
Good luck to everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natalita



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Hello Smile

I'm applying for the first time... so I have no experience nor outlook on how my application might look like compared to others and what to work on - but there's not a better way of checking it out than to trry... let's hope for the best! Smile

Anyway, I have a little question... Do I need to provide a proof for any foreign language I list in the application other than my mother tongue? For example, if I speak a foreign language fluently because it's a mother tongue of my partner but I never formally studied it (not even in school), does that mean I cannot list it even if I'm sure I'd handle any task in it? If someone could clarify this, I'd be thankful.

Welcome again and best of luck for everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiana_suk



Posts : 46
Join date : 2010-05-20
Location : UK (Croatian)

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Depends. Look at the page under Languages section. Maybe it'll help.

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm#Infotab3

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natalita



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Tiana, thank you for the fast reply! I read this part earlier and I asked because I was unsure whether the need of presenting written proof is essential but is clearly seems to be so. Of course, I understand it facilitates the check-up of our competentces for the selection committee... But honestly, it seems a little rigid to me... I could ask anyone to produce some kind of written proof for me, but it would feel a bit unfair. It's just a language I use like a mother-tongue but not my mother-tongue, and at the same time not the one that is the working language of EU but it's spoken internationally. Of course, I may add it in my CV but if it's ever going to be read - I don't know.
Anyway, let's concentrate on Motivation part then. Maybe there I can get the additional points... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

avatar

Posts : 411
Join date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm

natalita - then put the other language as your mother tongue and if you studied or ever did anything in your other mother tongue you will have a proof, this way you can prove both..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natalita



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Aneena, I haven't thought of it but it makes sense Smile Thank you for the hint!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
david322



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 am

Hi guys!
I have a question for you, if someome is contacted by EC because his application was successful and he wins the traineeship, but then for some reason, he is obliged to refuse it, can he apply again for traineeships in the future?

thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rinna



Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:07 pm

david322 wrote:
Hi guys!
I have a question for you, if someome is contacted by EC because his application was successful and he wins the traineeship, but then for some reason, he is obliged to refuse it, can he apply again for traineeships in the future?

thanks for your help

Yes, he can. I suggest you read the Rules Smile http://ec.europa.eu/stages/rules/rules_en.pdf - p.3.6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
david322



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks Rinna for your help, it was very useful Wink
Also, since I'm currently enrolled at my master, I am going to send them an official declaration from my university saying I'm currently enrolled, but do you know if I can also attach the exams I took during my master?

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rena_sim



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Hello and good luck to everyone,

This is my first time applying and I am really happy finding this site becouse I have some things to ask! Yesterday I saw that the deadline is 31st of January, I thought it was in the end of February and now I am a little bit anxious!
Fisrt of all, do I have to send with my form the diplomas of universities and languages aqcuired? As I read the ansewer is yes but I don't clearly understand if I have to send them just as simple copies.?? (My language is an official language of eu)
Secondly, when I write my bachelor degree, I write the theme of the degree in the tab "main subjects" or somewhere else?
Also I am going to complete my master degree on May. Should I write it on the 2nd tab where the form says "incomplete studies"?
Lastlly, what about some study sessions or seminars I have attended? These are made by some international institutions but when you try to write them down, there is always tha word "university" given. What should I do?

Sorry for asking so much but this form is a lot of different from the forms I am used to fill!
Thank you, thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efedanisman



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-01-21
Location : Istanbul

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:24 am

rena_sim wrote:
Hello and good luck to everyone,

This is my first time applying and I am really happy finding this site becouse I have some things to ask! Yesterday I saw that the deadline is 31st of January, I thought it was in the end of February and now I am a little bit anxious!
Fisrt of all, do I have to send with my form the diplomas of universities and languages aqcuired? As I read the ansewer is yes but I don't clearly understand if I have to send them just as simple copies.?? (My language is an official language of eu)
Secondly, when I write my bachelor degree, I write the theme of the degree in the tab "main subjects" or somewhere else?
Also I am going to complete my master degree on May. Should I write it on the 2nd tab where the form says "incomplete studies"?
Lastlly, what about some study sessions or seminars I have attended? These are made by some international institutions but when you try to write them down, there is always tha word "university" given. What should I do?

Sorry for asking so much but this form is a lot of different from the forms I am used to fill!
Thank you, thank you!!!

Write your masters degree on incomplete studies.
For study sessions and seminars, add them to your Europass and send it as an optional document with your application file. Simple copies are enough at this stage of the process;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rena_sim



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Thank you very much for the reply! There is only one question more. I am going to write about a previous stage I made in my country (not in an EU body). So, now in this stage of process should I send a document that prooves this kind of work? Or the documents we have to send are only these related to languages and education?
Thank you again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:22 pm

rena_sim wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply! There is only one question more. I am going to write about a previous stage I made in my country (not in an EU body). So, now in this stage of process should I send a document that prooves this kind of work? Or the documents we have to send are only these related to languages and education?
Thank you again

I think you should send a copy of that document now; it's optional, but I don't think you'll be able to add it later, since you didn't attach it to your application.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natalita



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 pm

I agree with Laopa. It's always better to attach additional documents - after all, you never know what what might eventually help you being selected, maybe this one point acquired thanks to that document? I'm going to attach letters of reference I received at previous workplaces because they not only prove that I worked there, but also say something about skills acquired, job type, my attitude etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rena_sim



Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes, I think you are both right! I am now in the process of writting about papers on European studies. In the red sentence says about some studies we may made on them but if these studies are in the context of university, how can we proove this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loana



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Hy, I'm new to the system and I was wondering if we have to use the Europass CV if we decide to include our CV in the application or we can use whatever format we want. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Loana wrote:
Hy, I'm new to the system and I was wondering if we have to use the Europass CV if we decide to include our CV in the application or we can use whatever format we want. Thanks

I suppose we should use that format, given what they say here http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm#Infotab3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loana



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Laopa wrote:
Loana wrote:
Hy, I'm new to the system and I was wondering if we have to use the Europass CV if we decide to include our CV in the application or we can use whatever format we want. Thanks

I suppose we should use that format, given what they say here http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm#Infotab3

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Loana wrote:
Laopa wrote:
Loana wrote:
Hy, I'm new to the system and I was wondering if we have to use the Europass CV if we decide to include our CV in the application or we can use whatever format we want. Thanks

I suppose we should use that format, given what they say here http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm#Infotab3

Thanks!

You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgmoricz



Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi everybody!


This is the third time for me to apply. I have already pre-selected 2 times then failed Sad

What do you know about phone interviews? Do they call every potential candidate or it happens rarely? I have never been phoned yet, probably i was not a potential one Sad(.

Do you think admisson to either of the services depends on the size of the service/institution? Do they offer different number of traineeship-placements at all?

THX
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Here we go again!   

Back to top Go down
 
Here we go again!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2011 Traineeship-
Jump to: