Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:21 pm

rena_sim wrote:
I just did that..I am really dissapointed.

Don't worry, maybe you still have a chance to be chosen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
len



Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Rena_sim.. I wouldn't worry either, I think it would be more dramatic if you would have forgotten to add a document.



I was wondering if anybody has an answer on this question I posted:

I have a question concerning the draft and the chronological order of the studies.
When checking out my draft I saw that in the upper right corner some numbers appear:
the preferred DG / and then a number.

My question is about this number. It is the same as a number next to my Bachelor study 'field of study/specialisation'. Is there a logical connection between these two, or is this a coincidence? The number for my Master is different.

Did I understand correctly that chronological order of the studies, means that first ones oldest study should be mentioned, and below we should mention our latest (most recent) study?

Wouldn't it be more logic if the number in the upper right section of the form would be my latest study?

Does anybody have any idea?

(the doubt before submitting my online application! Smile )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:37 pm

len wrote:
Rena_sim.. I wouldn't worry either, I think it would be more dramatic if you would have forgotten to add a document.



I was wondering if anybody has an answer on this question I posted:

I have a question concerning the draft and the chronological order of the studies.
When checking out my draft I saw that in the upper right corner some numbers appear:
the preferred DG / and then a number.

My question is about this number. It is the same as a number next to my Bachelor study 'field of study/specialisation'. Is there a logical connection between these two, or is this a coincidence? The number for my Master is different.

Did I understand correctly that chronological order of the studies, means that first ones oldest study should be mentioned, and below we should mention our latest (most recent) study?

Wouldn't it be more logic if the number in the upper right section of the form would be my latest study?

Does anybody have any idea?

(the doubt before submitting my online application! Smile )

Actually I don't know, but I don't think the chronological order matters, as long as you are enough qualified!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myrskypilvi



Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-07-28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Laopa wrote:


Actually I don't know, but I don't think the chronological order matters, as long as you are enough qualified!

Chronological order does mean that you should first mention the oldest and last the newest.

And although they probably won't throw you out if you don't use the right order, don't forget that the applications will be graded also on how well documented they are:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/preselection_en.htm#Infotab2

This may also include that you have followed the given instructions for filling in the application form & ordered the attachments accordingly etc.

So in some cases at the end this might make the difference of one point of being in or out at the preselection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 pm

myrskypilvi wrote:
Laopa wrote:


Actually I don't know, but I don't think the chronological order matters, as long as you are enough qualified!

Chronological order does mean that you should first mention the oldest and last the newest.

And although they probably won't throw you out if you don't use the right order, don't forget that the applications will be graded also on how well documented they are:

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/preselection_en.htm#Infotab2

This may also include that you have followed the given instructions for filling in the application form & ordered the attachments accordingly etc.

So in some cases at the end this might make the difference of one point of being in or out at the preselection!

Looking to my application I have realized I respected the chronological order unknowingly, I'm happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonita



Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 pm

I thing the system is arranging them automatically in a chronological order! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laopa



Posts : 44
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:55 pm

tonita wrote:
I thing the system is arranging them automatically in a chronological order! Smile

Uff, I thought I was smarter Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonita



Posts : 51
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:23 pm

I am sure you are Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals   

Back to top Go down
 
how to select the three desitred Directorate-Generals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Need Help DirectFN TWS
» Sri Lanka calls for investments in import substitution
» How to choose a good Stock???
» Who will Sri Lanka Select as president ?
» How does P/E Ratio important to select a good stock

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2011 Traineeship-
Jump to: