Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying - answers from the DGs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
e8kylihe

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I have sent ten messages in the past few days and not a single reply... weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmm

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi, I finally decided today to send some lobbying emails to my top 3 DGs/agencies and from 2 of them I got the automatic reply...it seems to me they aren't very enthusiastic about these emails, the email from EACEA even stated that "As lobbying for traineeships is not allowed, neither further contacts nor meetings should be envisaged." I am now having doubts and thinking that I shouldn't have sent emails to them. But then why did they include their email addresses in the preselection announcement email? hmmm...
I didn't receive any phone calls so far, has anyone heard from DC EAC or EACEA? thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lill

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 pm

A unit of DG Trade contacted me.
I proposed to have the interview today in the afternoon, but I haven't received it:((((I'm starting to panic.
What should I do? Call tomorrow in the morning? Or just send an email stating I am available I tomorrow too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krista

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:25 pm

ludmilla_rei wrote:
A unit of DG Trade contacted me.
I proposed to have the interview today in the afternoon, but I haven't received it:((((I'm starting to panic.
What should I do? Call tomorrow in the morning? Or just send an email stating I am available I tomorrow too?

I would either email the person that contacted you from the unit, or call them directly (you can find phone numbers on the EC directory). In any case, it doesn't seem very professional of them to do that... And... don't sound too desperate Very Happy Just remind them that they had set up an interview with you, and tell them you were surprised that they did not fulfill it, and that -nevertheless- you would like to reschedule at their convenience. You know, something vague, but direct Very Happy

GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 pm

rmm wrote:
I didn't receive any phone calls so far, has anyone heard from DC EAC or EACEA? thanks!

Those were both in my top three and I have not heard anything from them either.

I was interviewed by another DG already, but I hope that either EAC or EACEA will contact me too.
Back to top Go down
nicol

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 pm

To almost half of my sent emails I got 'out of the office auto-replies', people saying they were gone till 15/06. It was holiday in Belgium, so it was probably a long weekend. And if most of the people got back to work today, I think answering to our emails is not the first thing they will do Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teresa

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 pm

rmm wrote:
Hi, I finally decided today to send some lobbying emails to my top 3 DGs/agencies and from 2 of them I got the automatic reply...it seems to me they aren't very enthusiastic about these emails, the email from EACEA even stated that "As lobbying for traineeships is not allowed, neither further contacts nor meetings should be envisaged." I am now having doubts and thinking that I shouldn't have sent emails to them. But then why did they include their email addresses in the preselection announcement email? hmmm...

EACEA is exactly my top agency and I have lobbied but not yet received answer. I am regretting having lobbied. I really do not understand why they don't make the rules clear and fair. or lobbying or not, but not stating that "either further contacts nor meetings should be envisaged". Did you receive the answer from the head of the agency?
Good luck! I haven't heard anything yet but still hoping I didn't spoil it by lobbying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radda_88

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Hey guys,

It's only recently that I've come across this forum and wish discovered it earlier - lots of useful info! sunny Just wanted to ask if those of you who chose to lobby are lobbying the heads of units directly? I seem to remember someone suggesting that it is more appropriate to send an email to the secretary and ask to forward it to the person responsible for the selection within the unit. But then again, isn't it the heads of units who are responsible for the selection process..? I'm kinda confused Rolling Eyes

Also no-one called/emailed me, so starting to get anxious. Only the head of one of the unit whom I sent my cover letter and CV replied saying they already selected their trainee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fank

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 pm

I think you should send emails directly to head of units. I want to ask if we can call them as well. or their secretaries? anyone can help?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:33 am

I sent emails to the heads of units. Except for when one of the staff worked specifically on my research topic - then I wrote a separate email to that person. I've contacted around 6 or 7 people. Haven't received a reply so far.

Has anyone heard back from EuropeAid or DG ELARG? Would be great to know. Good luck to all of you!
Back to top Go down
ilinutza

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 am

hi everyone!

has anybody received phone calls or emails from Development and cooperation -Europeaid DG? just to know if i keep on hoping or not...thanks!

ilina
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 am

Hey Ilina, I contacted EuropeAid too, haven't heard from them..
Back to top Go down
borynka

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 am

Hi everybody Smile
I've lobbied in DG EMPL but... still no answer. Has someone received a mail/ call from them?
Thanks!
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rmm

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am

teresa wrote:

EACEA is exactly my top agency and I have lobbied but not yet received answer. I am regretting having lobbied. I really do not understand why they don't make the rules clear and fair. or lobbying or not, but not stating that "either further contacts nor meetings should be envisaged". Did you receive the answer from the head of the agency?
Good luck! I haven't heard anything yet but still hoping I didn't spoil it by lobbying.

I also regret having lobbied to the EACEA but I actually hope this won't spoil my chances because after all they have put their email addresses and they are well aware of the fact that we are all eager to get in ... so let's wait and hope someone will call or email! I'm actually thinking of waiting a little bit more and maybe write to the head of the unit only next week, I don't want to put pressure, after all they're just following the internal procedures...what do u think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angel48

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 am

Hello everybody,

Has anyone received answers (interviews or emails received) from DG Comp or DG Markt ?
Tks for reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jankoc

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi everyone!

Has anybody received phone calls or emails from ECFIN or DG HOME? I've lobbied, but haven't received any answer yet.

Thanks and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicol

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi,

just got a call from one of the units I sent an email to (DG Agri). So lobbying works sometimes.

The call was just to check my availability and to explain a bit what it is about.

Good luck...to all of us!

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paola_s

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 pm

hello Nicol!

I just received too a call from the same DG (Agri), but not from the unit I wrote to...

Actually I just wrote to one unit and did not get any answer so.. I still have some doubts about the lobbying effectiveness Razz

Anyway, good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Radda_88

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:32 pm

talaba wrote:
Has anyone heard back from EuropeAid or DG ELARG? Would be great to know.

No news from DG ELARG here either.

angel 48 wrote:
Has anyone received answers (interviews or emails received) from DG Comp (...)?

No, except that, as I said above, I sent an email to the head of my chosen unit, and he wrote back saying they already selected their trainee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nic85

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi all,

I've sent a few lobbying emails to my chosen DGs (DG ECHO and DG DEVCO). No reply so far, but I assume that since Monday was national holiday, most DGs have extra work to do for this week and might thus leave more trivial issues (such as trainee recruitment) to Friday afternoon. It sounds like a logical explanation for the silence of many DGs. If I haven't been contacted by then, I'll start worrying...

N
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lalla

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:44 pm

jankoc wrote:
Hi everyone!

Has anybody received phone calls or emails from ECFIN or DG HOME? I've lobbied, but haven't received any answer yet.

Thanks and good luck!
hey, yesterday I received a call from DG ECFIN. The unit that contacted me is taking 1 trainee but they didn't tell me how many people they were interviewing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teebs

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:47 pm

pingouin wrote:
Please tell us which DG/unit contacted you! It helps a lot to know.

It was taxud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicol

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm

paola_s wrote:
hello Nicol!

I just received too a call from the same DG (Agri), but not from the unit I wrote to...

Actually I just wrote to one unit and did not get any answer so.. I still have some doubts about the lobbying effectiveness Razz

Anyway, good luck!

Hey,

was that the unit RD programmes for Italy,...?

Good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paola_s

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:05 pm

@nicol

the very same Wink

and good luck to you too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nicol

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

paola_s wrote:
@nicol

the very same Wink

and good luck to you too!

Smile) this makes us competitors for the Top 3. The woman said they were calling their top 3 candidates.

Well, I hope they will take at least 3 interns then Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paola_s

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 pm

gosh yes, this is weird though...

I hope we do meet in the DG in October!

:-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claudiaurs

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Hello everybody!
Did anyone choose HR as preferred employment area / HR & Security as preferred DG?

I have been preselected, but nobody contacted me so far Neutral.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elister

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

hi everyone, got reply from EuroAid that at this moment they are reviewing the candidates (for all Units) and coming weeks they will contact some.

Another answer got me really disappointed:
"Thank you very much for your interest in doing your traineeship in our unit, but unfortunately there is no vacancy for stagiaires in our unit for the October session." (Devco A/1)

No news from ECHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonita

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 pm

I do expect most of the units will chose their candidates next week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fank

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 pm

is anyone in Brussels and willing to meet in Place Lux today? do some lobbying there. I don't know what else to do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying - answers from the DGs   

Back to top Go down

Lobbying - answers from the DGs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next