Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interview phase Trainneships October 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patricia

PostSubject: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Hello!

I'd like to ask you what do you know about the interviews? Have you already experienced in the last pre-selection session or in this one? I can imagine that they wanna check your english and french level, motivation for this particular division, etc....
anything else?
I'll have a phone interview tomorrow and I'm pretty anxious about it. I don't know what to expect and maybe some advice from the ones that have already experienced this might help me.

Thank you a lot and good look to everybody!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
krista

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 pm

I had an interview last year and they just said that I was shortlisted, and they wanted to talk to me a bit in English and French. They just described the position, and asked if it interested me. That was it. They seem to be quite simple most of the time.

Good luck to yoU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi,

I am one of the people who had a nightmare interview. I got asked specific policy questions that I couldn't answer. I would advise you to check the website and look through it just to make sure you are aware of the work the unit does. The funny thing with mine was that they said 'Im sure you've seen this on our website' yet it wasn't a DG I had applied to. From what I hear most interviews tend to be just about your motivation, but mine was 20 mins long and went into a lot more detail. In addition the interview happened without any notice. I just got a phone call asking if I was free to do an interview there and then.

Don't let this scare you, but just have a look at the website and the work that the unit that is interviewing you does.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunny88

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey, did anyone got call or email from DG MARKT? It was my first choice and I lobbied there but no reply at all Sad
I wonder do they have interviews as well.
Or from DG INFOSOC?
I also lobbied to DG that was not even listed in my application and don't know what to expect now, since you all write that they prefer people who listed them as first choice.
Getting a bit disappointed.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:54 pm

As I just said above, I got called and interviewed by a unit in a DG that I didn't put down on my choices (EAC). So don't give up hope Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patricia

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Thank you all for your answers.

I have read all their activities, policies, etc, so hope it will be ok, even in the nightmare interview version. It is very rude in my opinion to call you just like this without announcing you before, like they dis for you, Mac. And what about the consequences of this awful interview? They rejected/accepted you or you're still waiting for their answer?

For Sunny: I'm in the same situation as Mac, the unit that contacted me wasn't among my three choices. So I think they don't contact only the ones that have put them in top 3. They might look at your background and see that your profile suits a certain project of theirs. It is my case, I haven't even considered this unit because I had no idea they have some particular projects matching my profile.
So ya, don't give up hope and, taking in consideration the fact that you really want to work for this unit and that the lobbying "session" it is reaching its end, I I ware you I'd take the risk and directly call them. You have nothing to loose, in my opinion! Or send another email...

Good look to all of you! Finger crossed for all the lobbying and interview surviving!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview phase Trainneships October 2011   

Back to top Go down

Interview phase Trainneships October 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1