Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Received an offer! Who else is in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
begitis

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:30 am

Hi,

I am also in DEVCO and have no idea how many people applied. Congratulations !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brendan2

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:30 pm

K wrote:
Hi all!

Congrats everyone who got accepted!
I received an offer from DG EMPL Unit H.1. (Relations with the Control Authorities, ex-ante control, Direct and Indirect Management). Is anyone else going to do a traineeship in this unit or at least in DG EMPL?

Hi k!

Congrats to you too! I also received an offer from DG EMPL. I will be in Unit 01 - Coordination and Planning, Inter-institutional Relations. Look forward to meeting you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiromoto

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Brendan2 wrote:
K wrote:
Hi all!

I received an offer from DG EMPL Unit H.1. (Relations with the Control Authorities, ex-ante control, Direct and Indirect Management). Is anyone else going to do a traineeship in this unit or at least in DG EMPL?

Hi k!

Congrats to you too! I also received an offer from DG EMPL. I will be in Unit 01 - Coordination and Planning, Inter-institutional Relations. Look forward to meeting you!

Congrats to you too! I will be in DG EMPL C1 - European Employment Strategy. See you soon!

PS. Are you a member of the Facebook group yet? If not then maybe you should join. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/185368138184943?ap=1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brendan2

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:07 pm

kiromoto wrote:
Brendan2 wrote:
K wrote:
Hi all!

Hi k!

Congrats to you too! I will be in DG EMPL C1 - European Employment Strategy. See you soon!

PS. Are you a member of the Facebook group yet? If not then maybe you should join. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/185368138184943?ap=1

Good stuff...yeah will see you soon! Thanks will join the facebook group now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fexelix

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi all,

I have got an offer from DG HR and Security. But my number is not on the selected list yet. Do you think this is normal? Did you immediately see your number on the list? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Montecito08

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Did you receive your offer from the Traineeship office or from the unit itself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MariBi

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:43 pm

paola_s wrote:
No problem, what counts is that you got the selection email, so it should be fine. It's my first time and I understand you totally, we are all a bit lost scratch

Send an email on Monday to your stage desk to be extra sure...

Smile

hello
I received the final offer . Laughing
It was a tehnical problem and now I found my number on the list. Thanks for your advice ! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fexelix

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:01 am

@ Montecito08: I have seen my number there and got my detailed offer. Cheers!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
paola_s

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am

MariBi wrote:
paola_s wrote:
No problem, what counts is that you got the selection email, so it should be fine. It's my first time and I understand you totally, we are all a bit lost scratch

Smile

hello
It was a tehnical problem and now I found my number on the list. Thanks for your advice ! cheers

Good! Smile

I'm glad it went well! In which DG will you work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shypt

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Smile Acctually I'm just applying for 2012 summer stage, however, I really wanted to ask for some advice from the selected ones and since this is the topic that everybody is still answering I came here. I really apologize for the message that don't fit the profile. But I was wondering if there is anyone who was selected and has only one bachelor degree or everybody here also has master degree and lots of relevant work experience?

I was also wondering is there annyone who's doing the traineeship at Publication Office?

I have communication and information bachelor degree with specialization in publishing and some relevant PR and event management experience, however, I have no idea about my chances of getting selected without master degree or studies relevant to EU. Since my preferences are DG EACEA, DG COMM and Publication Office.

I would really appretiate if anyone could give me some insight, how much work and study experience selected candidates usually have. And again, sorry for mesage not exactly fitting the theme Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
magd

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:49 am

@shypt, you'll never know if your BA degree is enough or not if you don't try. Will you give up applying if I tell you that I do have an MA? Smile

Last edited by magd on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joana

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi everyone!

Out of curiosity... is there anybody else who hasn`t received any answer up until now regarding their application (either if they were rejected ot not)? I know it said the end of July but as far as I can tell the offers have been sent out already...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jmr

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 am

Hi everyone!!!

I'm also accepted!!!!!!!!!
I'm in TAXUD, and I will be doing Application Portfolio Management (APM).
My desk is 7th but, what does it mean? Which is the difference?

I also have received neither a call nor interview, just a couple of mails saying that I was accepted and the description of the tasks I'll have to do.

Any others in TAXUD?!

Congratulations for all who has been accepted, and for the others keep trying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teebs

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 am

jmr wrote:
Hi everyone!!!

I'm also accepted!!!!!!!!!
I'm in TAXUD, and I will be doing Application Portfolio Management (APM).
My desk is 7th but, what does it mean? Which is the difference?

I also have received neither a call nor interview, just a couple of mails saying that I was accepted and the description of the tasks I'll have to do.

Any others in TAXUD?!

Congratulations for all who has been accepted, and for the others keep trying.

I'll be in TAXUD, but I've got no idea what the 7th desk is. I was just told a unit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
e8kylihe

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:44 am

Your country of origin belongs to desk 7. Countries have been divided into certain groups and each group (desk) has their own contact person. So in a way the desk does not mean anything significant for us just administrative stuff. As far as I know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jmr

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am

You could know your desk from the mail or offer you might received

EAC-STAGES-DESK**@ec.europa.eu ** = Desk you are in

But, as e8kylihe said, it does not mean too much xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUNNY

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Im also in!!! in DG Informatics... the problem is taht i dont know if its at Brussels or at Luxembourg...

Anyone can help me???
Congratulations to all of you selected!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teebs

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm

SUNNY wrote:
Im also in!!! in DG Informatics... the problem is taht i dont know if its at Brussels or at Luxembourg...

Anyone can help me???
Congratulations to all of you selected!!!

It should have your place of work in the formal offer documents, it did in mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 am

Hey all,

just out of curiosity: does anybody have an idea how many people applied for this traineeship period (Oct. 2011)? Or does anybody know the rough numbers for previous application rounds?

Thanks for your help Smile
Back to top Go down
zk86

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi!!

I'm sorry if the message doesn't fit in here, but as you have been the ones selected, I would like to ask you a question. How many of you sent a letter or reference? Although it seems to be an option, do you think it is necessary?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Dear successfull applicants,

Can you please share some advice on how to write a winning motivation letter. Any tips are more than welcome!

Many thanks! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MariBi

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:28 am

hello hello!
Congrats to all selected and good look for the ones who are still waiting an answer!
Thanks a lot, Aneena, for the useful informations that I found here!
See you

Last edited by MariBi on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MariBi

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 am

paola_s wrote:
MariBi wrote:
paola_s wrote:

Smile

hello

Good! Smile

hello Paula
sorry for the delayed response Embarassed but I'm also working and is quite hard to combine all
DG Budget will be, Unit2
you?
What about accommodation? you've looked for housing?
Do you think that the "salary"offered is enough for survival scratch ?
I Look forward to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paola_s

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:06 pm

MariBi wrote:
paola_s wrote:
MariBi wrote:
paola_s wrote:

Smile

hello

Good! Smile

hello Paula
sorry for the delayed response Embarassed but I'm also working and is quite hard to combine all
DG Budget will be, Unit2
you?
What about accommodation? you've looked for housing?
Do you think that the "salary"offered is enough for survival scratch ?
I Look forward to hear from you!

Hi! I sent you a pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:09 am

Hello,

Congratulations for the selected ones Smile

I am applying for the traineeship of march next year but I have a question and I think that the ones selected could give me the best answer, that's why I write it here.

I obtained both my BA and MA in Finance.I didn't have courses related to the activity of european institutions or something like that. I didn't see the fact that I haven't graduated something like European Studies as a disadvantage because the activity of the EC is very complex and people specialized in finance are also wanted. But after going through the posts of this forum I got confused with regard of what European topic means...this in the context of the publications or papers prepared. Could someone tell me what can be included in this section?
First I thought that I could include there papers that approach subjects that are among the objectives or the problems of the DGs. So if I studied the financial crisis, the restructuring or evolution of banking system in a member country, or something related to Small Medium Enterprises at a micro-economic level should I put it there?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Hello to everyone who was selected and has alreay received their offer and congratulations!

Do they send the contract offer by e-mail or by regular mail?

Thanks for the answer in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Montecito08

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 am

MariBi: about the salary: it's about 1060 euros a month. Whether this is enough will depend on your own perspective. From the perspective of a student you will probably have more money to spend than before, but from the perspective of someone who has just started to work, it will be less than you are used to. To illustrate this: 1060 euros a month is below the Belgian minimum wage.

Estimate accommodation to be around 500 euros a month and food around 150-200 euros/month, depending on your appetite.

lulu: what you include in publication or papers prepared are papers that are either published or going to be published, at least that is how I have perceived it. If you have written something relevant, e.g. a policy brief, a journal article or perhaps a dissertation, that is relevant to the work of the EC and the DGs you are applying to, do include a reference to what you have written. In these times of economic and financial uncertainty, having a finance background might be useful to your work at the EC and can definitely help your chances (given that you pick the right DG of course!). Good luck!

lostdog: By email. I actually haven't received anything by regular mail. Watch your spam folders btw, in my case, my email provider marked the EC offer as spam. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Montecito08

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 am

Guest wrote:
Hey all,

just out of curiosity: does anybody have an idea how many people applied for this traineeship period (Oct. 2011)?

This year there were 10423 applicants.

Previous rounds:
March 2011: 9632
October 2010: 13371
March 2010: 8194
October 2009: 9223
March 2009: 6384
October 2008: 7587
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Received an offer! Who else is in?   

Back to top Go down

Received an offer! Who else is in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6