Go down
hellokitty

Life after traineeship

on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm
Hi!

Congrats to all who have been selected. I am really looking forward the upcoming 5 months however I am also a bit concerned about what comes after the traineeship. Please share your views and experiences regarding the opportunities (i.e. job offer, new contract).

THX
Ferrari

Re: Life after traineeship

on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:51 pm
I have the same doubts! I have been selected and I am very happy but I am a bit concerned about leaving my job for a 5-month traineeship due to the unemployment rate in my country...
Any experience or feeddback would be much appreaciated!

Cheers!
juanvi_mj

on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:30 pm
Hi guys,

I am so happy of being selected but really worried too. I have already a job which I like but the opportunity of going abroad is important and more if it is for EC. Probably some ex-trainee could tell us his/her experience after doing the traineeship...thanks!
Aneena

on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 pm
Me as well as some other stagiaires continue working at the Commission, with different types of contract. In my unit at least 2 more people used to be trainees, we were just discussing it today so I know Smile
It is a good start, but I also know many unsuccessful stories of people who didn't find any jobs at all and had to leave Brussels. It all depends on a person, qualifications and skills, I would say that people who are really good stay and find jobs in Brussels, however sometimes it takes a lot of time, effort (and also money, cos it's expensive to be unemployed in Brussels during a couple of months).
e8kylihe

on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 am
Aneena, to be able to work directly after the stage do you need to pass EPSO? Or is EPSO not needed for every duty? I think they will explain us more about EPSO when we get there but would like to know some experiences.
Aneena

on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 am
Aneena

on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:34 pm
I know 2 former stagiaires who made it to the Reserve list for administrators last year and at least 2 who this year were accepted to the second stage - the assessment center. So maybe soon we will have more success stories to share here Smile
hellokitty

on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:18 pm
Thanks, Aneena for the supporting information! :-)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum