Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

motivation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lulu

PostSubject: motivation   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 pm

Hey. I am thinking of applying for the march 2012 internship but I have some questions, and I will be very thankful if some of the interns from the lasts years could answer.

The first problem concerns the general motivation. Usually in a motivation letter we write some words about our studies, jobs and other activities, and we also emphasize our qualities and abilities. In this internship's case, we should keep this structure, or we should focus on our interest in working within the EC ? As motivation weighs a lot, as far as I read...I would really want to know on what should we focus our ideas.

The second problem is related to my studies. I have a Master Degree already, but this September I'll start a second Master program. I'd like to put that in my application form, but the only document that I have is a letter from the university where they say that I am accepted. I can not provide a document that states that I actually started the master until september, which is after the deadline. Do you think the paper that I have would be enough?

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tournesol

PostSubject: Re: motivation   Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:10 pm

As lulu already mentioned, I would also like to know if you write the motivation part like a covering letter (you start with Dear Sir or Madam,....and end with Yours sincerely,...) or you just write a text.

Maybe you should put the information about your Master in the motivation letter. And just add the document of your University stating that you are accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tamara

PostSubject: Re: motivation   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Hey, also same question as lulu asked considering general motivation. Is there anyone from last year interns that could tell us what to write there? Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: motivation   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Last year, I didn't respect any covering letter rules (you start with Dear Sir or Madam,....and end with Yours sincerely,...)..just wrote the text.
I mentioned my former study field/work experience/international experience to highlight the reason I want to go to the EC & why I am the right candidate (so lulu...u can do both if u know how to twist the words/sentences Wink ).
I don't know if this got me through the preselection or contributed to failing in the final selection...anyways, it will be my same tactic this year also.
I am sure though that not spending more time on selecting the right DG's and giving good reasons for my choices was a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: motivation   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:10 pm

XabaCs wrote:
Last year, I didn't respect any covering letter rules (you start with Dear Sir or Madam,....and end with Yours sincerely,...)..just wrote the text.
I mentioned my former study field/work experience/international experience to highlight the reason I want to go to the EC & why I am the right candidate (so lulu...u can do both if u know how to twist the words/sentences Wink ).
I don't know if this got me through the preselection or contributed to failing in the final selection...anyways, it will be my same tactic this year also.
I am sure though that not spending more time on selecting the right DG's and giving good reasons for my choices was a big mistake.

Thank you very much for your answer. Smile.
Well, I also wrote just the text, without the dear sir/madam part and without that specific ending. Regarding the DGs I think I have chosen the ones that were closer to what I have studied and I tried to give good motivation to all, even though for the first 2 choices it was difficult to respect the limit.
Thanks again, and good luck this time for the selection Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: motivation   Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanx! Smile
I know what your talking about. Same difficulty here, and also for the Preferred employment area. Last year I only wrote like 50 words/each..didn't give much attention...let's say I learned my lesson!
Keep in touch with the preselections+selections. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motivation   

Back to top Go down

motivation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1