Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

And off we go - March 2012 general talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
elina

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:12 pm

hello from me too! :-)
my profile: greek, law degree from university of athens and now finishing my master at european law..i also did erasmus in frankfurt a few years ago...i have applied before but wasn't preselected, hope i am luckier this time!;-)
i have applied for legal services, education and culture and enlargement of eu...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Does anyone knows why I don't get any replies on my emials from EC? I am just asking for some infos for next applciation periods. The replied to me couple of times and then they just stopped! Are they on vacation maybe? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello!I am Romanian, bachelor degree in Economics and Psychology.I applied for enlargement, statistics and trade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Do you guys know when they are going to start eligibility checking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ready4everything

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 am

I reckon they should have managed to start sorting the applications out and checking the eligibility. Afterall, there is a specific office dealing with with traineeships so what else were they doing within the last month..?

Just read the info regarding the preselection and got a bit worried. Apparently, the assessing committees are composed of nationals from the same country as applicants.
This ensures that the members have the required language skills and knowledge of the educational system.
If my application will be looked at by Lithuanians, I'm kinda screwed. I've graduated from British university and grading system is completely messed up here. Even though the scale is 0-100, nobody EVER gets more than 85%, especially in social studies where grades are very subjective. So... in England my upper second class honours diploma (60-70%) is considered to be pretty awesome while in Lithuania the same 'pretty awesome' would mean something like 90-100%.
But hey, it's European commission. They should be knowledgeable about this stuff and I shouldn't worry, right?? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:38 am

Don`t worry, they must be aware of this, after all, they do receive applications from people all around the Europe so they are used with paying attention to the university graduated by every person. I think the assessing committees are well prepared and know how to do their work. Anyway, there is nothing more you can do about it, but wait for the results like everyone else. So you should not worry about it Wink Good luck Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanes

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm

hello from me too!

I am from Greece, studied economics (both bsc and msc, but from greek universities unfortunately) and I hope that I at least get preselected! from what I have noticed from the statistics published by the EC, about 7-10% of greeks that apply get selected (which is ok compared to italy!), so I try to be optimistic!

good luck to everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:39 pm

On the traineeship site at the section: Statistics appeared the statistics for March 2012: it appears that they received 8762 applications. Compared to October 2011: 10424 and March 2011: 9632 applications, it`s less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:58 pm

it's good that there are less applications this year, now our chances are better! ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 am

Does anyone know how the trainees from non-eu countries get selected? I mean if nationals of each country are chosen by nationals of their state, how is it for the rest? any clue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:19 am

I have the same question as isutalo?? Does anyone knows how do select the non-EU candidates?
Back to top Go down
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 am

@elina: yes, let`s hope so Very Happy anyway, as far as I know, not ever DG takes everytime the same amount of trainees so it`s tricky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 am

@isutalo&mdenic85: it is written on the site: Applications from Third Countries are evaluated by a Committee composed of officials of different nationalities and languages. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Hello,

I am Bulgarian, a bachelor in psychology and a MA in Human Resources. I am applying for EPSO, HR and security and Employment and Social affairs?
Anyone else from Bulgaria? Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:19 pm

lostdog, did you also apply for October 2011 traineeship?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:37 pm

raluca, yes, I applied and I was interviewed but not finally selected. Why do you ask?
Have you applied too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 pm

no no, this is my first time. I was checking the forum in order to find out more about how other trainees deal with the selection process, and I saw your name and I was curious how long did you make it Very Happy you had an interview? what was it like? why didn`t they choose you after all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

when I applied last time I was applying with my bachelor as I have a MA since this year and it turned out that I hadn't selected very carefully the DGs to apply to. I was not contacted in the regular period for an interview. I was contacted during late selections by a DG that I haven't applied to. The interview was very well - they told me that they were interested in my profile and asked me questions about my education, experiences and background. But a couple of weeks after the interview they informed me that I am not their first choice. I guess during late selections they were interviewing a couple of applicants and I was one of them. So my name was put on something like a reserve list and that's the story.
I wish you luck with your application! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:14 am

thank you, same for you! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:57 pm

So, the thing is that there is possibility they will contact you and offer you a position in a DG that you haven't listed among your choices... of they have available place there, right?

At least that's how I get it.

I am planning to apply next year, so I am getting informed now Smile
Back to top Go down
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:14 pm

yes....when you pass the preselection, it is possible. When the DGs you have applied to don't select you, your name is still in the so called Blue Book. Then, if any DGs have available positions but don't have applicants that are appropriate, they search within the database of names and might contact you.....of course if they have an available position that is relevant to your education and background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Oh, OK... I see. That's cool... still better then nothing. At least a bit of a hope that you might get in even if you don't pass the second round for "desirable" DGs.

Thank you lostgod.
Back to top Go down
nikos1987

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:43 am

kanes wrote:
hello from me too!

I am from Greece, studied economics (both bsc and msc, but from greek universities unfortunately) and I hope that I at least get preselected! from what I have noticed from the statistics published by the EC, about 7-10% of greeks that apply get selected (which is ok compared to italy!), so I try to be optimistic!

Hi Kanes, I am from Greece as well. There is no worry if you have studied in Greece since I know people with MSc or even only BSc from Greek University that have been selected. However, it is very important to have already developed a European profile by taking part in Erasmus or in AIESEC activities. Alternatively, if you have a working experience and you have undertaken tasks which are related with European affairs you raise your chances to be selected by the EC.

I hope you find my answer helpful!

Greeting from Athens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 pm

nikos1987 wrote:
kanes wrote:
hello from me too!

Hi Kanes, I am from Greece as well. There is no worry if you have studied in Greece since I know people with MSc or even only BSc from Greek University that have been selected. However, it is very important to have already developed a European profile by taking part in Erasmus or in AIESEC activities. Alternatively, if you have a working experience and you have undertaken tasks which are related with European affairs you raise your chances to be selected by the EC.

I hope you find my answer helpful!

Greeting from Athens

this is another greek! Very Happy
yes it doesn't really matter if you have only greek diplomas...but i really don't know what they want..i had a european profile, since i was doing master at european law and have also participated in erasmus, but still i wasn't even preselected last time...! Crying or Very sad
so i guess the most important is the needs of the dgs you choose and ofcourse luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostdog

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I am not sure but I think that during preselection you compete mostly with people from your own country and nationality as there is a quota(a percentage of all applicants) for every country...at least that's what the statistics section shows. But nevertheless don't focus on statistics so much, I think that there is a great dosage of luck in the whole process Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 pm

I found a really good website: http://www.ectraineeship.info/category/pre-selection/ written by a former trainee. He explaines very well everything about the traineeship, with tips and advice. Any applicant should read it carefully because it really might help. Wink
BTW, did any of you received a rejection email for the eligibility? I know that most of trainees pass this stage easily, but if you don`t, you receive the rejection email. So, as long as you don`t receive an email till the eligibility check is over, you`re safe, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:00 am

FACEBOOK Group available: http://www.facebook.com/groups/267129343325675/

So, having observed there is STILL NO facebook group created for us, I took the liberty of making one. Everyone is welcomed to join! See you guys there! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 pm

ladies and gentlemen, eligibility has officially begun Very Happy fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauraalden

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi, guys!
Is there anyone who has chosen Europaid? Does it exactly mean working in delegation outside Brussels?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlantis

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:04 am

Hi everyone!!
Does anyone know how long eligibility lasts? Maybe we'll get the results earlier than late November?Smile)))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   

Back to top Go down

And off we go - March 2012 general talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next