Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

And off we go - March 2012 general talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
raluca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:12 pm

According to website, eligibility lasts till end of October. You don`t get any results or email, unless you are rejected. If you are accepted, you don`t receive any email from them. The only way to know for sure if you are eligible is not to receive any email till the eligibility check is over on the TO website. Or at least, that what I understood Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ready4everything

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Seconding to raluca's post. This waiting is quite nerve wrecking to be honest! Every morning I dread opening my inbox and scanning through mail just to be relieved for one more day.. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atlantis

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 am

ready4everything wrote:
Seconding to raluca's post. This waiting is quite nerve wrecking to be honest! Every morning I dread opening my inbox and scanning through mail just to be relieved for one more day.. Wink

Same here...Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Hey guys. I asked this question in another subforum but I guess only this one is active.

Anyways, I have one question. I finished my diploma studies 2 years ago, and now I am doing my master. I am planning to apply for traineeship for next year.

I have one problem. I will for sure submit my grades from my diploma studies but I was wondering should I also submit my grades (that I got so far, like 7 courses) from my master program. The thing is that, my grades from my diploma are so much better then current ones from master. So I was wondering what is the smart move? Which one would they take in consideration more? I have 2 options - submit both transcripts or just diploma's.

I hope I was clear what is my problem.

Thank you and I wish you all the luck while you wait for responses!
Back to top Go down
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:23 pm

If I got the question right, you should have the answer here http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm#Infotab3

If your master's notes are not that good:
"For each of the short-length studies and seminars, university exchanges abroad and ongoing studies declared in the application form: please provide an official declaration from your university² confirming your attendance (and its translation, where applicable)."

You MUST provide your Diploma and Transcript of your Completed studies..there are no 2 options!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes, I am clear with that, I will sumbit my diploma and my grades from undergraduate studies. I also have official declaration from my university confirming attendance to current master course, but that is not the same document as transcript of grades. So I am aksing shoud I sumbitt that one too or not...

So, option no. 1 - Diploma and transcript of grades from undergraduate studies and official declaration from my university confirming attendance to current master course

option no. 2 - all from no. 1 plus the grades from master course that I am attending now, (which are worse then my diploma grades)

Thanks XabaCs.
Back to top Go down
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:22 pm

I guess it's really up to you. If there are that bad..don't send the notes, if they are acceptable, lets say a media of 8.50 out of 10...why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Hmmm... it's more like 8.0... I will think about it.

Thanks a lot XabaCs.
Back to top Go down
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

No problem Wink

If it is of any ease... since you will still have to mention your avrg. in the Application Form, and if your grades are higher for the subjects related to your DG choice, and the non-related are the ones pulling the avrg. down -> send the Dipl.+Suppl., maybe they will notice this. Anyways, these documents will only be of importance in the pre-selections, in the selections I doubt any DG will start searching for grades...even more, I don't think they have access to them, only to what you state in the AF.

Cheers,
X
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:01 pm

hey guys,

question regarding language and other certificates? I know that we are supposed to prove all the declared knowledge with a certificate, but still. My problem is that I have mastered one foreign language in my childhood/early youth (my region is kind of bilingual), so I do not have a certificate to prove it. Do they even bother to count such data, even if I declared it to be on a C2 level? What about the languages that we have done at the university as one of our subjects during the studies? Is the academic transcript enough or we should again go for other certificate (international language tests)?

Thanks for the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm

About languages that we have done at the university as one of our subjects during the studies they accept the courses/grades certificates, so taht will be enough. Of course if you have any additional certificate for that language is highly welcomed, it will make better impression.

And about your second language, from bilingual environment... well, maybe you can send them a certificate that you were born in that region or that you have lived there... or maybe you can state it as your (second) native tongue... I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
ready4everything

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:00 pm

isutalo, we're on the same boat here.
I decided to gamble and listed the language I have never studied, but somehow managed to get quite fluent in. No certificates, tests whatsoever. In my case that is Russian--a lot of Lithuanians born before 1990 learnt it naturally through neverending flow of propaganda and influx of russian culture.. And obviously if applications are evaluated by people of the same country, who are aware of all subtle circumstances, they will most likely acknowledge that as a fact without any official proof. Hopefully.
What language is it in your case? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:11 pm

I think that's good idea. Anyway you cannot loose anything. Since your know that other language from your daily surroundings, they going to consider it.... I think they should.

I have different situation, my language for which I don't have any certificates is not spoken in environment where I grow up Smile I just learned it on the way, with friends, movies, music... it's Spanish BTW...
Back to top Go down
ovca

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:06 am

In my case it's Italian, but the region is "kind of bilingual" not like sudtirol/alto adige in Italy for example, doubt that just living there would prove something. Than I also have a case of learning Spanish in high school but since high school diploma is not a part of the documents one usually sends in this application it might be a problem as well Smile
All in all, I lack certificates, but I was hoping that could be overcome in an interview...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raluca_M

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Hello to everyone!

I'm from Romania, I'm currently enrolled in an MSc in Financial Markets and I hold a BSc in Finance and Banking. Besides an Erasmus mobility at Université d'Orléans in France, I have no other notable international experience.
As for the chosen traineeship, it was the one from the DG Translations which retained all my attention. As I have certificates in both English (FCE) and French (DELF B1 and DALF C1), I thought this would be the best option for me. In the meantime, I have become an authorized translator and interpreter for English. Unfortunately, the license from the Romanian Ministry of Justice arrived a couple of weeks after sending the application to Brussels, so I couldn't enclose it.
There are many candidates with fabulous profiles, according to what I've read on this forum, so I'm rather realistic about my chances of succeeding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Isutalo I have the same problem here, but I AM from sudtirol/a-a. ! my mother tongue is German even though I live in Italy and I have studied at an Italian university... And I don't have any certificate prooving neither my German nor my Italian!!!! I guess we just have to hope for the evaluator's flexibility...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I met some people who do the evaluations of the applications. I was told that if some document is not enclosed - it is treated as non existent - so it is at all not taken into consideration. If you don't send a certificate or any of the documents required you will just get 0 points for that section - there is no flexibility. If your mother tongue is German - just put a separate sheet of paper with an explanation and your signature - this is already some kind of document and will need to be taken into consideration. However I don't think that you need to prove your mother tongue in any way, it is obvious that we all have different mother tongues and not necessarily anything to prove it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 pm

OK, I get the importance of the certificate for any other things, but for mother tongue... come on. I mean, what that supposed to be... You can submit any educational certificate from your country and that will be it. I least I think so. Idea
Back to top Go down
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 am

So..I guess it's official, one more day until Preselections results are out! Surprised
For those who can't wait, I recommend the next chill-out music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lDi5fS0kVw

Keep in touch also on facook Wink
http://www.facebook.com/groups/267129343325675/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Xabacs your music just totally relaxed me, I am ready for everything now! good or bad news, doesn't matter anymore! hhihi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Hehe.. nice to hear that!..still, I am hopeful you'll receive the good version Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiana_suk

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:07 am

I hope we're going to find out something today. Any news about prolongment of the notice on preselection? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:20 pm

No, but I can tell you that last year the pre-selection results came out on the very last day, the 30th of November and just some minutes before midnight, so they respected the deadline! and I am sure that some EPSO trainees will have to make some extra workin hours to have them ready by the end of today Smile fingers crossed guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shalimar

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi everyone and good luck with waiting for the results! Smile

Bea, just one quick question, when you said EPSO trainees, does that mean you know some of them? Because last year I`ve lobbied to EPSO and they said they do not have any position for a trainee for that period (march 2011), does that mean they take them only in winter period or I`ve maybe written to the wrong section...? If you have any information, I would really appreciate it! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiana_suk

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I received their email just now! I passed! Smile))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hipersons

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:27 pm

In the interest of accuracy and future curiosity, my email was sent out at 12:52. I, too, passed.

Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.giossi

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes, emails have been sent out Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 pm

i just saw my email!! i passed!!! :-)))))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And off we go - March 2012 general talk   

Back to top Go down

And off we go - March 2012 general talk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3