Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

question abou the cor application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
elina

PostSubject: question abou the cor application   Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:20 pm

hello everyone!
i see there isn't any topic about the cor application for february 2012..isn't anyone applying??
well i am and i have a question concerning the application procedure (which i see that has changed since last year and became more complicated..). it says on the site that we can come back to the online application form and make changes until the submission..but when i try to do that it asks for a password which i don't have..and when i write my email address and birth date so that a password is sent to me, it sais "unknown email". anyone knows how we can register in this site??? i am really confused and the deadline is friday so i am in a hurry...i also sent them an email but i am not pretty sure they will respond quickly..(last time i had a question it took 2 weeks..)..
thanks in advance..!
and good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:21 pm

elina wrote:
hello everyone!
i see there isn't any topic about the cor application for february 2012..isn't anyone applying??
well i am and i have a question concerning the application procedure (which i see that has changed since last year and became more complicated..). it says on the site that we can come back to the online application form and make changes until the submission..but when i try to do that it asks for a password which i don't have..and when i write my email address and birth date so that a password is sent to me, it sais "unknown email". anyone knows how we can register in this site??? i am really confused and the deadline is friday so i am in a hurry...i also sent them an email but i am not pretty sure they will respond quickly..(last time i had a question it took 2 weeks..)..
thanks in advance..!
and good luck to everyone!

Hi. I am also applying but I don't think we can come back to make changes to our application form, and I am really annoyed because I gathered all the information needed in some docs and yesterday I started filling in the form. I couldn't get trough the study section because there are some restictions and they didn't let me continue because I have chosen twice the same level and field of studies. I have a master degree in finance and now I have started another master program in the same area...but I can't choose twice postgraduate and finance and accounting,it just dosen't work. I have sent them an email but nothing yet...
Could anybody tell me if they had the same problem and what do they advise me to do Smile.

Elina, for you I think that you should write all the information in a doc. and then just paste in the application form. you have an option whilst I don;t see one for my problem Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 pm

lulu, thanks for the answer! yes this application is really complicated and annoying! at first i couldn't continue because the ending date of my master was later than the date of the application (?) and they wrote me that i should write in both cases the same date..it is really confusing..i wish i could help you with your problem but i have no idea...hopefully they will reply soon...it is, after all, their fault that they have changed the procedure and made this application so difficult to make!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:56 am

elina wrote:
lulu, thanks for the answer! yes this application is really complicated and annoying! at first i couldn't continue because the ending date of my master was later than the date of the application (?) and they wrote me that i should write in both cases the same date..it is really confusing..i wish i could help you with your problem but i have no idea...hopefully they will reply soon...it is, after all, their fault that they have changed the procedure and made this application so difficult to make!

I tried today to fill in my application...no, actually I filled in the application, the whooooole application and in the end, just before I would have submitted it, I tried to find a way to save the app form, because if I am preselected I think I'll have to send it, but when I was trying to do that my browser suddenly closed and I (of course)have lost everything that I have done for the last 2 hours. Did you find a way to save it, did they answer to your mail?
No wonder that there are not so many people applying for this traineeship...who has the patience to fill and refill the form... Shocked Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:21 pm

hey! they replied to me yesterday that the personal code is sent to us when submitting the form and in the confirmation email that we receive...(but it is weird because i am sure i read somewhere in the instructions that we can make changes in the form until the submission deadline..anyway!) what way did you find to save it? i know that we have to send it back, if preselected..maybe they send an attached file with the application form like in ep or ec..but hm, last time i applied it didn't happen and i had nowhere the file but wasnt even preselected..yeah one needs a lot of patience for this application...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:24 pm

so, i just sent the application and right after that i received an email with my password saying too that i can make any changes until the submission deadline..there was also an attached html file with the application, so i think that's what we will print if we are preselected..good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:29 pm

elina wrote:
so, i just sent the application and right after that i received an email with my password saying too that i can make any changes until the submission deadline..there was also an attached html file with the application, so i think that's what we will print if we are preselected..good luck!

Thank you for the information. Smile I am going to start filling in the form again Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 pm

once again i have a problem with this stupid application! i have regretted even bothering to do it! i submitted it and received the confirmation email with my password but now when trying to log in, the system doesn't recognize my email nor my password..i sent them an email byt still no reply..pfff i am really tired of this cor traineeship! anyone else having the same problem maybe??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mariya

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Hello, you two!

Actually you're not the only ones having problems with the COR application file. I also received their e-mail stating my password (4-digit number), but when I recently tried to log into my account, the system didn't accept the combination of my e-mail and password. Quite weird I must admit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:53 pm

I tried to log in also but you were right, it does not work. Anyhow, I did received earlier an email and I was notified that my application is valid Smile

Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 pm

hi mariya, good to know that apart from me and lulu, there is also someone else applying for the cor! Very Happy i also received earlier that email stating that my application is valid! so i guess that the system had a problem, but since we have that email, it's fine! good luck to everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanes

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:52 pm

I 've also applied for the CoR (actually, i have applied for everything haha) and I do have the same problem as you guys, so I dont really think we have to be worried!

does anyone know how many trainees are generally accepted each period in CoR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:55 pm

hey canes! good luck to you too! i have also applied for almost everything! Very Happy i don't know how many people they accept at cor, but certainly less than the ec or the pariament i think..!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

hey guys, I just received my preselection email. Anyone else? any info on how many candidates per position know? good luck to all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:37 pm

I also received today an e-mail from the CoE's traineeship office:

"The Traineeship office would like to inform you that contrary to the information you received previously the results of the selection process will be communicated in January 2012 by e-mail."

They did send an e-mail right after I submitted the application, which contained:
"Results will be sent to all applicants by e-mail no later than November 2011."

So...did I pass pre-selections (and should be happy ab. it) or there is only one selection and it's result is postponed until January (which is a sign of more applicants than they can handle = fewer chances to get it)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

hm, that's kind of odd. this is what I received few days ago:

Your traineeship application status at the Committee of the Regions for the period

16/02/2012 – 15/07/2012

has changed to " PRE-SELECTED " .

don't want to discourage anyone, but I applied last year and haven't even received an answer in the end. Just the confirmation that I am eligible....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm

isutalo wrote:
hm, that's kind of odd. this is what I received few days ago:

Your traineeship application status at the Committee of the Regions for the period

16/02/2012 – 15/07/2012

has changed to " PRE-SELECTED " .

don't want to discourage anyone, but I applied last year and haven't even received an answer in the end. Just the confirmation that I am eligible....

Congratulations Smile

I also applied but nothing yet, so I guess is a no. But if I am not chosen the status of my application stays the same, application valid, or it changes?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm

thanks lulu Smile
from my experience it does not change, although some people from the previous application period posted that they got a call three months after the application without any prior notice. I hope that this things changed and we'll get the proper information on time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi everyone!

I have also recieved the "you have been pre-selected email" and I have send back the Acceptance Form.

However I do have a question... When they are asking us to submit up to three evidences of our work experience, what do they actually mean?

Will the letter of the employer/supervisor do?

Many thanks and good luck everyone!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 pm

congratulations jenny26! Could you please tell me if you also received the separate mail with the details and the deadline? I only received the preselection email saying that I will get another mail which I have not yet received. I also haven't received the acceptance form. I would appreciate a fast answer Smile.
Regarding your question; as far as I know letter of the employer with the stamp is enough, I have the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi isutalo!

Thanks for your propmpt response!

Yes, I have recieved the email with the further instructions and the acceptance form only moments after the pre-selection email. I suggest you contact them! And make sure you check your spam folder!

Best of luck!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:42 am

hm... I am kind of worried now. I hope they will get my email, although CoR does not seem to be the EU role model regarding internship application tidiness. Could you also tell me what does your email say about the dead line for accepting the documents. Tnx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 am

Hi there,

Yes the deadline is 23rd of November.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi there!!

I am desperate for some help. I got pre selected for the Februray 2012 traneeship at cor and I just got an email saying my documents are checked and ok.

Can anyone tell me what happnes next? Will they let me know about the interview or will they just call me out of the blue?? And what are your experiences with the interviews??

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anbodhran

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi guys! I have been pre-selected too..
Given the experiences of some friends preselected in the past you should get ready for a call, they might be informing you before or not.. so just get ready!
Take a deep tour into the CoR website, check all their activities, be prepared to answer in each of the languages you have included into the applications...
I hope to be with all of you in Feb, take care and good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 pm

anbodhran wrote:
Given the experiences of some friends preselected in the past you should get ready for a call, they might be informing you before or not.. so just get ready!
Take a deep tour into the CoR website, check all their activities, be prepared to answer in each of the languages you have included into the applications...

Thanks for the info! Have you recieved your call yet??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anbodhran

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Jenny26 wrote:
anbodhran wrote:

Yes indeed, a couple of days ago... did you?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenny26

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 pm

[quote="anbodhran"]
Jenny26 wrote:
anbodhran wrote:

Yes indeed, a couple of days ago... did you?

No, hmm... How was it? Which unit were you pre-selected for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question abou the cor application   

Back to top Go down

question abou the cor application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1