Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Preselection phase

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lulu

PostSubject: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:57 pm

I have just received the email. I'm preselected Very Happy
Who else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossory

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Pre-selected as well! Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikos1987

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Passed as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Me too!!!! OMG I am so happy!!!! The first hurdle has been cleared!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gt80

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Same here! Now what..?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiana_suk

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:18 pm

preselected! Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ossory

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 pm

gt80 wrote:
Same here! Now what..?!?
Now we drink until rendered unconscious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inculis

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Yaaaahoooo ! Pre-selected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Bummer..I haven't. Good luck to all those who did!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.giossi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:33 pm

It depended on national quotas too. Italians, for instance, have one chance out of 40 to be selected, and one out of 10 to be preselected. Anyone knows about lobbying now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ready4everything

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:35 pm

XabaCs.. high5 fellow loser, I was rejected too! No

Oh well, it was the very first try. Are you thinking of emailing the desk to ask about your results? I'm most likely going to apply again, so it would be really interesting to know which particular sections of my application were too weak.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 pm

pre-selected!! finally! the second time i was lucky! so now what?? lobbying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XabaCs

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Sorry to hear that! I already sent a short e-mail, but, only for curiosity..I am somewhat surprised, I mean, last year I had worst chances and a weaker application..and passed..it's kinda weird.
I don't think I'll apply again, at least not in the upcoming year/s. My main objective was to find a Masters in Brussels, and the traineeship would have given a great opportunity to search on site for one.
Guess I'll have to gear into PlanB. Surprised

Good luck for next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fonfon_4

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Hi everybody, I am new on this forum!
I passed the pre-selection phase!
I have a question: when I sent my application (during summer) I gave my french mobile phone number. But I am currently in Poland till 15 of december for my studies so I would like to know to whom I have to send an email to give my Polish mobile phone number. Do you think I have to send it to the direction they gave to us in the mail of preselection?

Thank you for your help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Fonfon- it is the unit that will call you. And you never know which one - they will take your information from the CV you sent in the summer (CV - I mean the application). So the best thing to do is just to have your French mobile with you and reply to the phone call, you can give them the Polish mobile when they call you. Otherwise it could be really problematic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fonfon_4

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Thank you for your answer Aneena. The problem is that I suspended my french mobile phone line (for personal reasons), and it will be reactivated in 2 weeks. I have not my french mobile in Poland by the way, so I will have it on the 14th of December...

I have just sent an email to the Desk and I gave them the Polish number explaining what was my problem...

I really hope that they will be able to add my Polish number because if they tried to call me only on my French phone before the 14th-15th of December, I won't be able to answer and it may have very negative consequences as regards my "chance" to be selected.

I am waiting for the answer of the Desk...

Thanks for your support Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.giossi

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Don't worry so much. They usually contact the person by email before calling. You make me anxious as well Smile If they cannot contact you at the number provided they will write to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cindylee

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:47 pm

hello, I'm in the same situation like you!!
I'm staying in france, but my number in the CV was a number of South Korea.

I sent e-mail with the adress that we can ask some questions.
If you don't mind, I would like to ask you how to solve this problem.

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lill

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:49 pm

@ fonfon_4: I was in a similar situation last session and I emailed the Traineeship Office saying that my telephone number has changed. As far as I know, the Traineeship Office can modify your contact information in the Blue Book. It's easy!Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi, I have also the same problem! I think we should just send the new number to EPSO and also to the chosen DGs!! Fonfon, may I ask to what address you have send your e-mail to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
julietteita

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Preselected too!
Profile: Italian, 24 yrs old, in 3 weeks I will be holding a master degree in international relations. Erasmus, various works also abroad. It's the first time that I apply and I'm really surprised that I passed. However competition is high and I'm sure that all here deserve a paid internship at the Commission, so good luck to everyone:-)
What should we do now? Lobbying? that is sending CVs and motivation letters to the preferred Dgs? Do we have to wait for the contact details of the services we applied as it is written on the site?
Cheers
Giulia
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fonfon_4

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:10 pm

To those who had changes with their phone numbers, I have sent a message to the email address that they gave to us in the preselection email.
They answered saying that it was not a problem, they confirmed to me that they had added my 2nd phone number.

So you should write an email to them if you want to communicate another phone number Wink

As regards the "lobbying phase", from what I have learnt thanks to this forum, a majority of applicants lobby the units for which they have preferential interests. But some DG's do not like much such a behaviour (I am referring especially to the EAECA). But it is the first time that I apply for a traineeship in the EC so I don't know....

In any case, I think that if a DG is really interested in your profile, they will get in touch with you for an interview even if you did not lobby them.

This phase is the hardest one I think, we will see if we receive any calls or emails from the DGs in the next days.

Just a question (that might be silly...): If I am French, I suppose that if I have an interview they will call me speaking in English? I just want to know in order not to freak out and getting nervous at the phone!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ovca

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 pm

is there anyone else who did not get an email yet? not even in spam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joserra30

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:45 pm

I did'nt receive any e-mail. Is that normal? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
natalita

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm

I was also preselected, the second time I applied! Good luck for everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
erasoft

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 pm

PRESELECTED !

And more, immediately after the preselection e-mail, I received a phone call for a short phone interview, and under 2 hours, finally been told that my 1st choice DG would ask the Stagiaires Office to submit me a formal offer of a stage.

So I am ADMITTED (DG Comp) !!

Is there anyone else in this situation ? I am incredibly surprised, I was expecting to do some lobbying, but apparently was shortlisted by 3 units of the DG Comp (which immediately called).

Good luck for everyone in the process !

fonfon_4 wrote:
Just a question (that might be silly...): If I am French, I suppose that if I have an interview they will call me speaking in English? I just want to know in order not to freak out and getting nervous at the phone!
Out of the 3 phone calls I had, 2 were in English and 1 in French.. (I am French).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elina

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 pm

wow! that's fast! congratulations!! :-)
you know very early that you have the job, plus you don't have to go through the lobbying phase...
regarding lobbying, i have one question: i sent my application in german, but would it be better now to do all the lobbying in english?
and could one also send emails to a unit from a dg that wasn't among the 3 option? for example i have chosen legal, enlargement and information society, but i am currently doing my thesis about data protection which is dg justice. so should i send an email to that unit too? i am so confused how i should do lobbying...and i don't have much time to do it...!

erasoft wrote:
PRESELECTED !

And more, immediately after the preselection e-mail, I received a phone call for a short phone interview, and under 2 hours, finally been told that my 1st choice DG would ask the Stagiaires Office to submit me a formal offer of a stage.

So I am ADMITTED (DG Comp) !!

Is there anyone else in this situation ? I am incredibly surprised, I was expecting to do some lobbying, but apparently was shortlisted by 3 units of the DG Comp (which immediately called).

Good luck for everyone in the process !

fonfon_4 wrote:
Out of the 3 phone calls I had, 2 were in English and 1 in French.. (I am French).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Erasoft first of all congrats! also, I would like to ask what type of questions they asked you.. ?? And when you say "unit" do you mean "DG" or do I get something wrong??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bea*

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Ah ok got it sorry about the stupid question (the 2. one, the 1st is still on Wink )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tamara

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 am

preessseeeellleeecccttteeeddddd!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preselection phase   

Back to top Go down

Preselection phase
View previous topic View next topic Back to top