Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Offer received! Moving to Brussels...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Returntigger



Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-12-06

PostSubject: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi all -

I got a phone call today from the EACI confirming that I was chosen as their trainee and I have been reserved for them in the Blue Book. Apparently other people are sorting out the contracts which will be sent to us in due course. Anyone else accepted?

How about moving to Brussels; next step for finding accomodation? Any takers for flat sharing with very normal British girl?(!)

K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhyK



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Congratz! I am very happy for you.

I wish mine will be confirmed as soon as possible. I have got a verbal offer, but the people in the Unit emphasise that it is not official. I am freaking out now.

I am living in London right now. If I have chance to move to Brussels, I am in for flat hunting!

Do you know when they will send out the contracts?! And is the Traineeship Office going to send them via email?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moorish



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Returntigger wrote:
Hi all -

I got a phone call today from the EACI confirming that I was chosen as their trainee and I have been reserved for them in the Blue Book. Apparently other people are sorting out the contracts which will be sent to us in due course. Anyone else accepted?

How about moving to Brussels; next step for finding accomodation? Any takers for flat sharing with very normal British girl?(!)

K
@ Returntigger - Congratulations !!

I was contacted by EACI on the 13th mentioning their interest in my profile. Today the Head of the sector has only confirmed to me that she has asked the HR team to pursue my case further. And that a confirmation could only be made in due course of time.

Which unit of EACI would you be joining ???

-M
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Returntigger



Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:15 pm

PhyK - I think that the contracts etc will be done by 5th Jan. But to be honest I just have no idea; the whole process seems to differ on circumstances and units. Let me know then when you get your offer (fingers crossed!) and we'll discuss flat hunting.

Moorish - that's cool. I will be in the resources unit, legal section. What about you? Did you have an interview?

K
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moorish



Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:32 pm

@Returntigger - I would (fingers crossed) be joining the Unit 4 Network operations of EACI, in the Monitoring & Evaluations sector. And I did not have any interview. They just contacted me based on my profile in the Blue Book. No Lobbying either. The work though is very closely related to my education. May be that helped the cause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hipersons



Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Congrats guys! All official offers from the Traineeship Office are sent at the same time. It is well advised to not make any plans until you get that offer, as things can sometimes happen between now and then (fingers crossed). The pre-selection email said they will send the emails out around January 5th, though history tells us that this is much more likely to happen on the 13th or, hopefully less likely, the 17th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
internship



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

PhyK wrote:
Congratz! I am very happy for you.

I wish mine will be confirmed as soon as possible. I have got a verbal offer, but the people in the Unit emphasise that it is not official. I am freaking out now.

I am living in London right now. If I have chance to move to Brussels, I am in for flat hunting!

Do you know when they will send out the contracts?! And is the Traineeship Office going to send them via email?!


the Traineeships Office will send you a letter (email) with offer and this, as from 22 December

good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainee_March2012



Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Returntigger,

Congratulations! I have also been selected and I'd be interested in flat sharing or meeting up for coffee/drinks in Brussels some time. I'll be working in the DGT which is in Evere, but I don't really want to live there, I'd prefer to live in Ixelles or Saint Gilles which is quite close to the European Quarter.

I'm also British, 25 years old, living in Germany at the moment, and I work as a translator (French, Spanish, German and Portuguese to English).

M
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mafalda83



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 am

Congrats guys! I'm also in! I received a phone call last week from DG Justice and apparently they've put a hold on the blue book, and the formal matters depend on the traineeship office now. A friend of mine told me that they usually send the formal offers in mid-January or so, so don't start panicking if you don't have it on the 5th of January!

I'm Spanish and I have a legal background. I'm currently living in the UK, but looking forward to moving to Brussels and of course willing to meet you for a coffee down there! I think that I will start looking for a flat/room after Christmas!

Good luck to the ones not having an offer yet or waiting for confirmation! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhyK



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:56 pm

mafalda83 wrote:
Congrats guys! I'm also in! I received a phone call last week from DG Justice and apparently they've put a hold on the blue book, and the formal matters depend on the traineeship office now. A friend of mine told me that they usually send the formal offers in mid-January or so, so don't start panicking if you don't have it on the 5th of January!

I'm Spanish and I have a legal background. I'm currently living in the UK, but looking forward to moving to Brussels and of course willing to meet you for a coffee down there! I think that I will start looking for a flat/room after Christmas!

Good luck to the ones not having an offer yet or waiting for confirmation! Wink

Congratz, mafalda83! Same as you, I am waiting for the formal offer. I am also currently living in the UK. We shall meet if you are in London!

I am going to Brussels in January and hopefully I will find a reasonbly cheap accomondation. I really don't want to spend hald of the salary for a place. Anyone knows the housing rental situation there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notturna



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Hello and Gongratz to all of you!!!

I also received an offer from DG INFSO and now, i am waiting for the official one!!!!!!!
Hope we all meet in Brussels!!!
As for myself, i've started looking for a cheap accomodation too!!! All the available places that i found are too expensive!!! So, i will continue searching and i hope that i will provide you with useful information soon!!
I would really appreciate Very Happy any information given!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Have a nice holiday!!!!!!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainee_March2012



Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Facebook group   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am

Hi everyone,

I'm going to make a group on facebook for all future March 2012 trainees. I think it would be a good place to share information about accommodation or anything else useful. The problem is that facebook won't let me create the group if I have no-one to add to it! So if anyone is interested in being part of the group, can you add me as a friend on facebook (my name is Marcia Liddle) and then I'll add you to the group.

Thanks and have a great Chistmas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainee_March2012



Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: European Commission Trainees March 2012!   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks to those who added me on Facebook, the group is now set up: "European Commission Trainees March 2012!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhyK



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Trainee_March2012 wrote:
Thanks to those who added me on Facebook, the group is now set up: "European Commission Trainees March 2012!"

Thanks for creating the group. It is a great idea! I have requested to join. Hope to see you soon.

Everyone, have a great Christmas!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notturna



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Trainee_March2012 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to make a group on facebook for all future March 2012 trainees. I think it would be a good place to share information about accommodation or anything else useful. The problem is that facebook won't let me create the group if I have no-one to add to it! So if anyone is interested in being part of the group, can you add me as a friend on facebook (my name is Marcia Liddle) and then I'll add you to the group.

Thanks and have a great Chistmas!


Hello!!! i've already became a member of the group by the name La Notturna! My name is Vicky and i hope we will meet soon in Brussels!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
erasoft



Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Just received my formal offer (DG Comp).

Great Christmas to everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rea



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:48 pm

just received mine tooo!! It's DG COMM.

Guys check out you're email boxes, I'm sure yours on the way, too.

Wish a lot of luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
erasoft



Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 pm

For all trainees at the DG Competition, I have just created a Facebook group : please ask to join at : https://www.facebook.com/groups/293461467363298/?ref=ts

\o/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gilwen



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Just received my formal offer too ! Dg Envi Unit E1.

Good luck to everyone and have a great Christmas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
internship



Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:13 pm

received formal offer!! DEVCO, youhuuuuu

CU guys in bxl!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klaus_B



Posts : 22
Join date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 pm

I am in, too! Yeaaahoooooo Very Happy GD Sanco, just received formal offer today!

I asked to join the facebook group, but didnt get the confirmation yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhyK



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 pm

Returntigger wrote:
PhyK - I think that the contracts etc will be done by 5th Jan. But to be honest I just have no idea; the whole process seems to differ on circumstances and units. Let me know then when you get your offer (fingers crossed!) and we'll discuss flat hunting.

Moorish - that's cool. I will be in the resources unit, legal section. What about you? Did you have an interview?

K

@Returntigger

I have just received a confirmation today. I am so delighted that I am moving to Brussels. Do you know when is the best time to look for accomondation? I am going to Brussels in January. I will be able to do some flat viewing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TomKa



Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I am also in!!! Education &Culture DG!!! See you guys in Facebook! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gt80



Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Im also in! DG Justice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fonfon_4



Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 am

Congratulations to everybody! I have the impression that most DGs have already made their choices, so I guess that if I did not receive any confirmation of the DG, that means that I have not been selected. I had received a phone call saying that they were going to put me on their favourite candidates' list one week ago (DG INFSO). But, I did not receive anything since then.

I don't know if it is still possible to be selected until the end of the selection process(January). I must find an internship to get my Master Diploma so I think I have to find other solution although I really wanted to be in the EC....

Merry Christmas to all Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flateric



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:28 am

Guysss, congratulations to all!! Anyone heard the final decisions from ECHO?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notturna



Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:30 am

Hello and Congratulations everyone!!!!

I am selected too!!! From DG INFSO!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEST GIFT EVER!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Anyone else from INFSO?????????

http://www.facebook.com/groups/329582423738605/?notif_t=group_activity

You are more than welcome to join the group!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
opperskip



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 am

Got an offer after my third preselection. DG ENV D1

Congrats to everybody that is selected.

To the rest: it took me three times to get an offer, so don't give up if you are really interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dorsa



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Congrats everyone! I also received an offer yesterday so I'm really excited to be moving to Brussels. Now on to finding accomodation with hopefully some nice roommates! Not even 3 months left before we'll start the traineeship....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lulu



Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

hi, and congtratulations to the selected ones.
I'd like to know if the DGs Ecfin, Budged and Entreprise and Industry have sent emails with offers?
Thank you Smile and merry christmas to you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Offer received! Moving to Brussels...   

Back to top Go down
 
Offer received! Moving to Brussels...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» LGL Dividend cheque not received
» Sri Lanka: All Share Index (ASI) crashes below key 200 day moving average
» Sugar producer "needs strong partner’’ says Wickremanayake - Pelwatte minority advised not to accept Rs. 27.50 offer
» LHCL possible mandatory offer at 62.00
» Mandatory offer for SPEN.N

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: March 2012 Traineeship-
Jump to: