Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anybody in Luxemburg?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
baraccuda

PostSubject: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi guys!

Congratulation to all!
Is there anybody who wil be be based in Luxemburg? I'm totally lost how to search for a room etc. and I have the feeling that all people are based in Brussels Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijajana2

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi,
My traineeship starting in March will be in Luxembourg. I’ve just received an email saying my file was eligible and I should get official letter. I’m also struggling to find accommodation in there. I registered in appartager.lu. maybe you'll find there smthg useful. Btw where are you from?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baraccuda

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi, I also registered on appartager.lu and I wrote to accueillux europarl, but no reply so far... and on the appartager.lu I feel a bit lost as well haha okay we still have sth like 6 weeks.
I'm from Poland and you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijajana2

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi,
I am Lithuanian. Did you receive the official letter already by post? Please let me know if you find something interesting. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baraccuda

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi,
Yes I received official leter by an email, accepted signed, scanned and sent back to them and I got email back with spproval that my application is complete.
Well for now I struggle with accomodation it's hard to find anything up to 600 EUR in the city Sad all nice places are already full ech late selection has too many disadvantages Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijajana2

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm

I know, believe me. I've tried everything. I was even thinking to live somewhere in Germany close to the border and take a train or bus...I got my approval as well, but they should send some more info by post. Maybe they will suggest more options how to find accommodation. Well I hope so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baraccuda

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Yeah me too, but commuting every day.... I mean if was longer than 5 months maybe but for 5 months it's better to stay in the city, but yeah everything is taken what I received from accueillux europarl . I mean okay if I had like 900 EUR to spend on accomodation probably it wouldn't be a problem, but with limited bugdet it's just pain in the.... Wink)
I printer an email and oh you can get lost in the amount of info and they scared me with scams on the protal like on appartager.lu and similar ... so for now my entusiasm after receiving Offer dropped down seriously hahaha welcome on earth find accomodation in Luxemburg after late selection and you know I thought that I have so much time that I'll handle it for sure.... again back to the reality it's late. Sad
But still I keep my fingers corssed I'll let you know if I'll find anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijajana2

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi, did you find any place to live? I'm still struggling with it. Please count on me if you find a place for 2 persons...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan.T

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Tue May 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi, so how does the story end? Did accueillux answer, is appartager.lu any good, and most importantly, did you manage to find something below €600? Smile))

I'm in the same situation you were a couple of months ago and any advice, tip or insight would be very very welcome.

Thx,
Dan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dijajana2

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   Tue May 08, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi Dan,

the list that acceuillux is providing is very good and you can definitively find a place for less than 600. That's how I found my room. Most of the trainees I've been speaking to are paying between 500 and 550. Just email acceuillux and they will reply to you shortly with the list of places. Good luck!!
Di
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody in Luxemburg?   

Back to top Go down

Anybody in Luxemburg?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: March 2012 Traineeship-
Jump to: