Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Travelling around + telephone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aneena

PostSubject: Travelling around + telephone   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Is it a good idea to buy a month card for metro/bus/tram? How much does it cost?

And what is the best telephone card - I know that when I lived in Brussels I had one from which I could call all my friends who were in the same network for free. Which one is the best?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bibi

PostSubject: Re: Travelling around + telephone   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:41 pm

If you live next to Schuman, I am not sure it's worth buying a STIB monthly card. They cost about 44 euros if you're over 25 and 30 if under (http://www.stib.be/abonnement.html?l=fr). I bike around a lot so I don't have to spend money on that. I would try to see how it works the first month. You can also buy 10-trip cards for 12,30 euros. I always get those for the rare times I use the metro.

As for the telephone card, it depends what your friends are using. A lot of people use BASE and say it's the best. I use Proximus (pay as you go) and always thought about changing (though I don't really have a problem with it, I mainly text anyway) but have not got round to it yet. So i'd say it depends on what your friends are using because using the same network is obviously cheaper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: Travelling around + telephone   Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah now I remember - it was BASE.

I have my wonderful bike I love a lot in Germany in Heidelberg - it is 50 years old and it's just the best! Any chances of bringing it by train to Brussels? Do the Germans here know id you can get a bike on the train? It's worth something like 15 Euros so I won't pay more for the ticket, however I am really very attached to it Smile))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bibi

PostSubject: Re: Travelling around + telephone   Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Ha, I spent my Erasmus in Heidelberg, lovely little city. If it's not too expensive, bring it. Otherwise, you can get another (stolen of course) one at the marché du midi on sundays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bduarte

PostSubject: Re: Travelling around + telephone   Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:17 pm

You can travel with your bike by train at no extra cost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travelling around + telephone   

Back to top Go down

Travelling around + telephone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top