Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Language lessons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ECandidate

PostSubject: Language lessons   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any possibility to have language lessons (in this case French) within the Commission, or in any programme made for the trainees? I am asking this because I would like to take the opportunity of being in Brussels to improve my French and am thinking of getting enrolled in an Alliance Française course, but if there's any chance to have those classes free/at a lower cost for those working in the Commission, that would be even better. I have checked once the conditions of a traineeship in the European Central Bank and there was this possibility of the employees and their families having language classes there, so maybe with the EC too Smile if you know something, let me know, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/
KitKat

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

I have the same question ECandidate. I also want to improve my french. It would be nice to attend a language course within the EC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:38 pm

This I found this in Stage committee Trainee's Guide for wither stage 2012. I hope it helps.

"Commission’s official courses

During your stage you might have the opportunity to take training courses offered by the Commission. Check with your stage coordinator and who is in charge for trainings in your unit/DG and ask for more details. You might not be allowed to take courses organized outside your DG, but if there are last minute spots available you could be lucky. For more info and schedule of trainingcourses check the Intracomm (usually the first page you see when you open internet in your computer at work). Unfortunately you will not be able to take the Commission's language courses, which are only available to its permanent staff.
However, stagiaires usually organise language courses amongst themselves (see our leaflet on the Association of Trainees). Most Communes and the ULB (Université libre de Bruxelles) also organise language courses which are either free or offered at very cheap prices (most require domiciliation)."
Back to top Go down
BiancaM

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Ah, too bad, I want to work on my French as well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pb

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 am

I was looking at the ULB French courses, but it seems that the free courses are for their international students only. Anyway, I didn't have the time to check it thoroughly, so I might be wrong. If anyone get any helpful info, pls share Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vuoksi

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:57 am

Here's another one who seriously needs to improve their French (at the moment I can only say hello and goodbye, basically). I also tried to look at the ULB courses but didn't find anything applicable either (but this was also not a very thorough check).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Language lessons   

Back to top Go down

Language lessons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1