Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Preferred employment area" question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DSS

PostSubject: "Preferred employment area" question   Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi all,

I was just thinking about my application and realized that I only chose one "Preferred employment area" although now I have realized that I should have perhaps chosen more than one area, although it appeared to me that we should have only chosen one.. Will they ONLY consider the area that we chose or can we still, if preselected, contact other DGs to inquire about positions? Does anyone know how it works? Because I am a lawyer and I've realized that the legal services DG may have been a better option in my case and know I'm just feeling a tad stressed that I didn't choose that instead.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Husker

PostSubject: Re: "Preferred employment area" question   Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:12 am

As far as I know, the "preferred employment area" is not linked to any DG, it is a category of job (for example, I chose "Analysis and Advice"). You can lobby any DG you want. It seems that not so long ago applicants had to choose 3 DGs but it is not the case anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

"Preferred employment area" question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1