Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Criteria for preselection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aneena

PostSubject: Re: Criteria for preselection   Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:08 pm

I know you get less points if you just have a BA, many additional points for a Masters and even more for a PhD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laure1985

PostSubject: Re: Criteria for preselection   Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:44 pm

I asked also for my october 2009 application score..i got 28 and preselected. the funny thing is that i got averagely less in education, while the max. in motivation!
unfortunately at that time I didnt make a copy of my application, so I cant see my then motivation letters again.
I was wondering whether it does make any sense at all to apply again, knowing that my total score will never reach high levels because whatever I try, I'll get my MA only in 2011.
i wonder if i do have any chances at all, even after being pre-selecteed, to then got selected, as it seems pretty sure that the DGs dont overlook final scores! So, a DG would never choose someone who has a lower score than another one,or?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gaia

PostSubject: Re: Criteria for preselection   Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi laure,
I wrote to inquire about my score too and tht's what they told me:

education 5 and 4
motivation 5 and 5
extra 5 and 5

total 29, so i passed since the minimum was 27.

but i don't quite get what education is considered adequate: i have one graduate degree in languages, one master's in international trade and i'm now in my third year of a development economics BSc...and i've been also working full time in the last five years!

i guess only people who are really above average (or from very famous universities like LSE or the College of Europe) get good scores in education
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laure1985

PostSubject: Re: Criteria for preselection   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

wow, u've been studying already a lot!
yes, probably well reputated universities give more points. the uni where i graduated with the max score isnt nothing special at international level, in my opinion. but i took part at an exchange programme at a very well known universities, i guess the 5 points they gave referred to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criteria for preselection   

Back to top Go down

Criteria for preselection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2