Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
sonnenblume

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 am

Arty99,

I also applied to legal service and justice and got no replies. Just a generic Email from legal service but i dont remember which unit. Hope we'Re Not the only ones who werent contacted ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eupotential

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 am

No I have heard nothing (except for generic emails) from legal services, just and home dgs....
EEAS has not been in contact at all! grr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 am

And what about ECHO? Has anyone heard from them yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KS2012

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 am

Elanor, I haven't heard anything from ECHO yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eupotential

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 am

no I haven't heard from them- just an out of office automatic reply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:54 am

Ok, thanks. Hopefully we'll get some more news soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mlle

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Nope, I have not heard anything from ECHO either. Not even a standard reply (just out of office messages last week)... Calms me a little bit to know that you guys have not heard anything either. There will probably be more going on next week, considering that the EEAS divisions apparently choose their candidates by the end of May (as posted by someone earlier).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yanke

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 2:20 pm

@ Arty99 and Sonnenblume,

I sent emails to legal service, justice and competition and I got no response except the standard emails saying that selection process is on-going..So you are not the only ones who weren't contacted.. Hopefully we'll get some news soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ECandidate

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Hello,

I can tell you that DG Justice currently has trainees in the following Units: 01, 02, A3, A4, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D4 and 01 (Budget). So, most likely these Units will not be getting any trainee for the next session (as the scheme is rotative). Sometimes this has variations and Units receive trainees in consecutive sessions (when there's a lot of work going on for that Unit in that moment, for example), but in most cases that's how it happens.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm

i know that a2 is taking trainees coz they answered me but nothing more Sad this sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:16 pm

just got a call from dg justice a2 asking for my availability
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Cool! I wish I got a call bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 pm

still waiting for DEVCO B units or SANCO C units to say aaanything bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:33 pm

elanor it doesnt mean that they chose me Sad she just checked availability and didnt even ask for aninterview
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:35 pm

I know. But it's something! Smile Last time I got a call to check availability too, nothing more. I didn't get the traineeship, but they did tell me on the phone that they were checking because I was on their shortlist. So it's always a good sign. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 pm

fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mlle

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 pm

europe4all wrote:
I have just received this from the EEAS general e-mail

"Good morning,

On behalf of the EEAS I would like to thank you for your interest in working in our services. The selection process has started and up until the end of May the Heads of Division of the EEAS will select the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available. At this stage, the EEAS MDR C3 division is not in a position to give you any specific information. However, the Heads of Division may contact you during the selection process to discuss the possibility of a traineeship with you. Should you ultimately be selected, you will receive a letter with all the necessary information about the recruitment process from the Traineeship Office. I wish you good luck with the selection."

Lol europe4all, I just received exactly the same e-mail but instead of good morning it said good afternoon. Haha lazy standard replies ;-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Got an e-mail from the Evaluation unit in DEVCO.

"Thank you for your application for the traineeship at the European Commission and your interest in the Evaluation Unit in particular.

The selection procedure is presently on-going. Should you be selected, you will be informed of the results by the Traineeship Office.

We received many applications from candidates with suitable motivation and experience; if no place is available for you in the current selection procedure, I would encourage you to apply for the next one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex2006

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 pm

ECandidate wrote:
Hello,

I can tell you that DG Justice currently has trainees in the following Units: 01, 02, A3, A4, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D4 and 01 (Budget). So, most likely these Units will not be getting any trainee for the next session (as the scheme is rotative). Sometimes this has variations and Units receive trainees in consecutive sessions (when there's a lot of work going on for that Unit in that moment, for example), but in most cases that's how it happens.

Good luck!

They called me this morning in my office, from the Unit C1, DG Justice, asking if I am interested in traineeship, so how come they already have trainees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:14 pm

She means the trainees from the March 2013 period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex2006

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:15 pm

arty99 wrote:
just got a call from dg justice a2 asking for my availability

Congratulations Wink Mee too , only from Unit C1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex2006

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Elanor wrote:
She means the trainees from the March 2013 period.

heheheheh thanks Wink)) rendeer my stupid head Smile))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ECandidate

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

alex2006 wrote:
ECandidate wrote:
Hello,

Good luck!

They called me this morning in my office, from the Unit C1, DG Justice, asking if I am interested in traineeship, so how come they already have trainees?

Currently they have a blue book trainee, but she's actually leaving in the end of this month because she got a job in her country, so maybe that justifies hosting a new one (maybe you!) for the next session Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/
eupotential

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Unit C1 justice dg previously emailed me saying that they weren't taking trainees for the "period in question" that is strange!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anne-Lise

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 5:56 pm

@ eupotential
I've also got a message from C1 that "unfortunately the unit does not avail a Blue Book trainee post for the period in question..." strange
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi all,

2 things:

1) I have "lobbied" the cabinet of one DG and got a generic reply. Mz question is, should we lobby all units we're interested in within one DG or contacting the cabinet means you're interested in the whole DG? Thanks

2) I was contacted by the EACEA which of course I hadn't contacted and was not among my preferred areas...that was just an informal talk explaing what they were looking for and if I was interested

Cheers and good luck to all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EleonoraM.

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 6:42 pm

kasparuz wrote:
Hi all,

2 things:

1) I have "lobbied" the cabinet of one DG and got a generic reply. Mz question is, should we lobby all units we're interested in within one DG or contacting the cabinet means you're interested in the whole DG? Thanks

2) I was contacted by the EACEA which of course I hadn't contacted and was not among my preferred areas...that was just an informal talk explaing what they were looking for and if I was interested

Cheers and good luck to all!

Hi Kasparuz,

I was told by former trainees that lobbying the Heads of Unit is the most important, but I also was advised to send an email to the general email they provided us with in the email saying we were pre-selected. I don't think they will consider you're interested in every single unit of the DG... but could represent an extra opportunity to get your cv seen. Just my opinion... Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Hey me3. Unit c1 (children's rights) also said to me they weren't taking interns for October.... Strange, they send me an e-mail beginning of this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anni1

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Elanor wrote:
I got this message from my preferred unit in DEVCO at 6 o'clock (so also quite late), quite personalised (my last name etc):

"I would like to thank you, on behalf of XXX for your e-mail as well as for the interest and enthusiasm shown in collaborating with our unit.

Your application will be carefully analysed according to the relevant Commission procedures and you will be informed in due time of the outcome of the selection procedure."

Not sure if this means that DEVCO, or this unit in particular, apparently chooses blue book trainees based on their applications rather than calling them for an interview. It sounds different than other e-mails I have received, which stated I might be contacted at a later stage. Or mybe it's my imagination haha. At least it's better than last time, as I also contacted them then but never got a reply.

I got exactly the same e-mail... one day later. I guess the secretary is busy in responding to all the candidates personally
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JakubCZ

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Guys I think that in the beginning of this week the DGs still didn´t know how many traineeships they´ll be allowad to accept.

I imagine that all the HoUs of every DG met and they discussed how many positions will every unit get. So this means that in the beginning they just sent general email about the selection process and when some particular unit realized that they can´t "afford" a trainee for this turn so they sent an additional email about it...Wink

But remember - I´m guessing that...Wink

Last edited by JakubCZ on Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   

Back to top Go down

Interviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next