Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
pancho974

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey guys!

It's my first post here, but I hope to help with my modest contribution.
Well, I got the chance to be contacted for a phone interview pretty quickly, this tuesday, by the DG DEVCO, unit C2. The guy was super adorable, asked questions about my background mainly, and about my motivations. He told me that he could not give me any answer so far, as he had to call other candidates, and wait for his boss' decision, which would be released in few days...fingers crossed. Has someone else here had the chance to get a call from them? or from the Climate action DG/ ENV DG???

Otherwise, I only received general/standard emails ("dear applicant...thank you for your interest..."). Good luck to you all!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milera

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Congrats to all! I am also one of the pre-selected candidates!

In this relation I was wondering - do you guys use the e-mail addresses that were distributed with the pre-selection news, or use the e-mails of the HoU, for instance?

Many thanks for your answers, though my question depicts me as a rather lost candidate, who wants to make some sense out of this madness.

Cheers! rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JakubCZ

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 5:32 pm

milera wrote:
Congrats to all! I am also one of the pre-selected candidates!

In this relation I was wondering - do you guys use the e-mail addresses that were distributed with the pre-selection news, or use the e-mails of the HoU, for instance?

Many thanks for your answers, though my question depicts me as a rather lost candidate, who wants to make some sense out of this madness.

Cheers! rendeer

I normaly send my CV to a concrete person of the DG/Unit and in hidden copy I send the whole email also to the general recruitment adress of the DG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milera

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 pm

What a prompt response, thank you very much for the insight JakubCZ!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Do you guys know the working hours of the EC? I've just seen a missed call from unknown number. It happened just now, at 6.30 pm. I was talking on the phone and then I saw another call. Could it be someone from the EC or they usually close around 5 pm? I'm panicking a bit Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mlle

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 6:54 pm

scsj wrote:
Do you guys know the working hours of the EC? I've just seen a missed call from unknown number. It happened just now, at 6.30 pm. I was talking on the phone and then I saw another call. Could it be someone from the EC or they usually close around 5 pm? I'm panicking a bit Shocked

I received an e-mail from a unit about 30 mins ago that they are considering my CV so I am guessing they are still working. It could have been them then :-( If it was someone from the EC, they might call you again though or someone else will. The deadline does not end tomorrow so there is still time left :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Ya it might have been the EC at this point. I hope they will call back cause there is no way I could discover who was calling me. NOW this selection is killing me. I can't freak out this way for a call. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mlle

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 7:02 pm

ya same here. I checked my e-mails 3 or 4 times in the last 30 minutes. I really have to pull myself together because if I do not write my dissertation, I won't be going anywhere in october -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 pm

dg comp unit F1 just wrote back to me that they have already selected their candidate. unfortunately it wasnt me Sad at least they wrote back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palindrom

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 7:22 pm

i am sorry artzy, but don't lose hope.

i have mixed feelings about this whole process. the more the times passes, the more i feel a little ridiculous concentrating so much energy on this.

let's see. thank god the weekend is close and we will have 2 phone-free days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,

Just as everyone else I find this process quite nerve wrecking. Congrats to everyone who has been (pre-)selected and good luck to everyone else who will try again if not pre-selected. I have checked this forum many times, thank you for the advices on how to lobby. Now I am out of the anonymous sneak peak corner and posting for the first time here. I have lobbied as well, but send only e-mails to the units in which I am interested: law related units, mainly DG Justice. I have received a few "dear candidate, ....ongoing...we will consider" e-mails, also a few out of office e-mails. Some haven't replied at all.
Honestly, I think they do check the blue book, but not all 3000 or whatever number was pre-selected candidates. I do not think that a science unit (if that exists) would look at my application, because I wouldn't fit their profile. To support my thoughts: I received an e-mail of a unit I did not lobby to nor have actual interest in, they were interested in me and wondered whether I was too. Obviously I am happy and thankful for their e-mail, but it isn't what I want (even if that would mean I couldn't go to Brussels). It isn't a unit you guys have listed here. Also I received a call today. I couldn't hear the person properly and actually I am not sure which unit it was. Very awkward ey Smile

I do think that, depending on how many choices units have, they have their lists ready this week or next week. I am also constantly, insanely, checking my e-mail. I have read from other cycles that you can be selected even if you didn't have an interview or e-mail. So boys and girls, don't loose hope! And yes, I will be very happy if it is weekend because I wouldn't go running towards my mobile every time it rings and I wouldn't check my e-mail soooo many times an hour... This is just lunatic. Who agrees?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palindrom

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm

guess who? e v e r y b o d y
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palindrom

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm

oh, by the way, did anyone lobby for the agencies? can we do that? are they on the same platform?

my head is like a pumpkin full all information about all the units, projects, treaties, personal motivations and work experience, all in 3 languages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex2006

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 10:32 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alex2006

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 10:33 pm

ese momento when you start a pensar en tres languages at the same tiempo lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 pm

During the weekend I will appreciate my phone in a new way and not jump in my seat when it rings Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 pm

I got this message from my preferred unit in DEVCO at 6 o'clock (so also quite late), quite personalised (my last name etc):

"I would like to thank you, on behalf of XXX for your e-mail as well as for the interest and enthusiasm shown in collaborating with our unit.

Your application will be carefully analysed according to the relevant Commission procedures and you will be informed in due time of the outcome of the selection procedure."

Not sure if this means that DEVCO, or this unit in particular, apparently chooses blue book trainees based on their applications rather than calling them for an interview. It sounds different than other e-mails I have received, which stated I might be contacted at a later stage. Or mybe it's my imagination haha. At least it's better than last time, as I also contacted them then but never got a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palindrom

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 pm

elanor, that sounds like good news. could you tell me which unit did u apply for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Not sure if it's good news, but it's certainly better than no news! Smile It's from unit G2!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kimkillah

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 am

Yesterday I got this:

"Dear candidate,

You have shown your interest to work as a trainee for the European Commission, and in particular DG Research and Innovation, by circulating your CV or setting this in your Blue Book profile.

We are the administrative and financial unit of the International Cooperation Directorate of DG Research and Innovation (RTD.D.4). Besides more administrative duties that you might be called to work on, we would also like to develop tools and methods for a quantitative monitoring of the international cooperation in the field of research and innovation, and therefore we are searching for someone with your profile to contribute to it.

Should you be interested in this opportunity, can you please send us an e-mail back by 29/05. Depending on the number and quality of replies that we will receive, me might call you for a short telephone interview (please inform us about your availabilities), and eventually put you on our shortlist. Please note that message is in no way a firm offer, as we at our level can only establish a shortlist of preferred candidates. The possible recruitment will be decided later by the central administration."

I don't think I ever lobbyed that unit, I'm a little confused... And I don't understand how standard this email is. It looks like quite a standard email, but they ask if I'm interested.
Anyways, I sent my CV back, because even if I've already said yes to another internship in Italy, I want to keep my chances open and then decide, wether an offer might come from a DG. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 9:49 am

I think they have a shortlist of people they are interested in, and you're on it! So that's good if you're also interested in them Wink Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:02 am

congrats kimkillah that sounds really good. its nice that they ask YOU when you would have for an interview Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:07 am

has anybody heard anything (mail/call/smoke sign)from SANCO at this point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europe4all

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:11 am

I have just received this from the EEAS general e-mail

"Good morning,

On behalf of the EEAS I would like to thank you for your interest in working in our services. The selection process has started and up until the end of May the Heads of Division of the EEAS will select the most suitable candidates according to profile requirements and the number of places available. At this stage, the EEAS MDR C3 division is not in a position to give you any specific information. However, the Heads of Division may contact you during the selection process to discuss the possibility of a traineeship with you. Should you ultimately be selected, you will receive a letter with all the necessary information about the recruitment process from the Traineeship Office. I wish you good luck with the selection."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 am

anyone got new from the legal service, dg justice or dg comp? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rabrab

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:42 am

arty99 wrote:
anyone got new from the legal service, dg justice or dg comp? :/

Just a call from DG Comp few days ago but no news since...
DG Comp seems to be pretty quick at examining the preselected candidates but I don't know if they will tell us if we are selected or not before sending the official offers via the traineeship office, does anyone know about that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milera

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:50 am

I applied only to DG Justice, DG Comp and Legal Services, because I am mostly interested in them- haven't got any news so far! Did you, arty99, apply to the general e-mails for Blue Book stagiares, or write personal messages to specific HoU?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 am

i just got a rejection from one of the units in dg comp and a standard email from dg justice sayin the selection is ongoing. i applied to the HoU since I read that its best to contact them one by one. this is really exhausting coz i cannot concentrate on my exams. i dont know if htey will write back even just to reject or say they arent taking anyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milera

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you for you answer, arty99! And here goes a very trivial, but rather imprortant question- where did you find the HoU's emails? I am also trying to prepare for an upcoming exam next week, but feel particularly distracted at the moment. Will definitely let you know, in case I get any replies from them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arty99

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 am

Here's the directory of the whole EC http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys_tel.display_search?pLang=EN it was posted in one of the pages in the forum and i found them there. thanks milera Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interviews   

Back to top Go down

Interviews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next