Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Positive answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ams47w

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:51 am

Michelle--sorry to ask again but I need to make some plans very soon here and am trying to figure out how much of a chance I have with the EC (and, basically, the LA units). Do you mind telling me which unit it is? Thanks and congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi Michelle! Congrats!!! Which unit exactly will you be working for? In the EEAS? I got booked by DEVCO first (Latin America Regional Programmes Unit, but then switched to the EEAS Andean Countries unit who offered me a traineeship as well). Smile

I'm half Dutch/half Austrian and was studying abroad, but I'm currently living in the Netherlands again. Smile  How fun that you did an exchange year in Amsterdam!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
violeta.rustarazo

PostSubject: Waiting, waiting, waiting!   Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 am

Hi guys!
It's the first time I got into this forum and it seems really helpul. At the end, we find support to each other...!
So, I guess everyone are waiting for the official confirmation from the TO! From wednesday will start answering mails...no?
I am quite nervious because yet I don't know if I will enter or not. A week ago, I received an email from the Secretariat-General telling me I was not selected, but that I was selected in the DG EAC. But....I didn't receive any confirmation from that DG, or Unit....so....I am quite nervious about all this. Anyone in the same situation as me?
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Fingers crossed... :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:23 pm

aaaaa! The tension is growing and growing...! Hope that we will get the results by the end of this week and not from the 24th! Btw, I was wondering at which desk are you guys?! I am at DESK5.. You can see which desk you are in the email address that confirmed you were preselected..
Back to top Go down
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 pm

What does the desk mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Haha.. Dont worry it is not another new and undiscovered DG! DG DESK Very Happy It is the email address from the EAC: EAC-STAGES-DESK5@ec.europa.eu from which you received your preselection and hopefully selection email. 
It is the desk assigned to your application.. 
Back to top Go down
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Lol, I understand that (I wasn't freaking out, promis) - its just, what does it mean? Is it organised by last name, country, date you send your application.... Mine is btw 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:45 pm

I guess we are assigned to the different desks according to our nationalities.. Hope they will all start sending the offers at the same time but it can happen that some desks are slower than other.. Maybe thats why someone got the response that they will start sending offers from the 24th! Question
Back to top Go down
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Desk 8! (and I'm Dutch, like DutchBB, so it's not based on nationality Razz  )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy.86

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:51 pm

@meteoduki
I guess we are assigned to the different desks according to our nationalities.. Hope they will all start sending the offers at the same time but it can happen that some desks are slower than other.. Maybe thats why someone got the response that they will start sending offers from the 24th! 

In that case the guy responsible for Hungarian trainees took some days off Smile I haven't heard from him Razz I'm DESK6 BTW :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Also, you remember I asked my points? I got a reply from desk 11.... Oeh the mystery goes on....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm

haha.. And the DESK5 apparently works only once a week Razz Or I'm on their spam list.. hahaha.. Guess we will never find out why those desks.
Back to top Go down
Luna77

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Asylum B2 have already chosen their stagerie!I received an email today!

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deep

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Do you think there is a chance of being selected without the interview with DG? Is there anyone who got in without it? Uuuh,so tired of waiting for an answer. Good luck to everybody here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgd83

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Deep! Several of us have (apparently) been selected without any interview or anything. The first thing I heard from the Unit that selected me was the email in which they told me I was in, and some other people had a similar experience, so don't despair! There's still hope! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypoliminion

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 pm

My preselection email was sent from DESK 10 Rolling Eyes

Hope this torture will end soon, can't see these weird dreams at nights anymore! bounce

GOOD LUCK to all of us!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MLand

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm getting so stressed too!! Specially because I don't know if anyone else heard anything about ECHO!!

My email was sent from DESK6 too. 

I really hope they get this fast, they are killing me slowly... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 am

I think they'll send all the e-mails on the same day (from whatever desk). They did last time, only the people from non-EU countries had to wait a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ams47w

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:57 am

ah, like how much longer?! just for the notification of whether they're selected or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:24 am

about two weeks longer last time Neutral. They sent out the e-mails with the official confirmation around mid-January and the non-EU countries trainees only heard from the TO at the end of January or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KS2012

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 am

Last time I was pre-selected but wasn't chosen by a unit in the end. I just checked my inbox and last time I received an e-mail on the 10th of January saying I wasn't selected. I'm a non-EU national, so I think most people who receive a negative response, receive it around the same time (both non-EU and EU citizens).

As Elanor said, I think the non-EU nationals that were selected took longer to receive a positive confirmation because they needed to run security checks on them. I'm not exactly sure but I think I remember that's what happened Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:31 pm

KS2012 that was not my case at all! When other NON-EU NATIONALS received their contracts around 21-24 January I received my NEGATIVE answer on January 24th. I freaked out a lot actually cause they made me wait 2 weeks to say that I was not selected? very weird
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Someone has been selected for the EEAS Unit Eastern Partnership-Bilateral Relations? Just got an email saying I haven't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wwy

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

scsj, I got the same e-mail today Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Sad at least they were very nice and even sent us a signed attachment! I lost my hopes, not gonna get in this year either. bummerrrrr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:58 pm

You don't know that, there are plenty of other units too. Besides, everyone here is - even those who have been selected are - still waiting for the TO. So don't despair (yet) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scsj

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Yes that's true Dutch BB. But I kinda feel I'm in the same situation of last year. Sad no interviews or positive email feedbacks=no traineeship offer. I still got some hopes obviously but I think it's very hard for me to get in at this point. I hope I won't receive the selection email as late as in January
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Btw it's because of EEAS that we will get the official response from the TO next week...as they're the last one doing the selection apparently
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KS2012

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Scsj, thanks for the info. I guess it's different for everyone then. Now I know I shouldn't get my hopes up if I don't receive a negative confirmation when others do..because it might just becoming later :/ Still wishing us all luck though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palindrom

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 am

morning everyone! so today is the day, HOPEFULLY. i feel so released it is over!
best of luck to all of us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   

Back to top Go down

Positive answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next