Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Positive answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
sonia1

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 am

DDD, i think we are in the same situation. i am still waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaykilmaz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Im also in Smile)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laurip

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Tebrik ediyorum, skaykilmaz! Ben gecmedim, ama simdi tekrar denemeyi düsünüyorum. Bakalim!

Kendinden biraz bahsedebilir misin? Türkiye Unit'e nasil bir profil ile gectin diye merak ediyorum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a.sygnowska

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm

I haven't been selected but sincere congrats to the successful ones! Good luck, guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:11 pm

@Sonneblumme, finally you now know where! I wasn't selected by legal service, but by SG. Smile

@angelapia, have you considered contacting the units for more information on what they do (I don't mean lobbying)? That might give you more insight and even help you with decisions you could make to make a career out of what you are so interested in. Btw, also ask if they take trainees - perhaps they won't for the march session (did they for the upcoming session?) but they will for October 2014? Then you will know that you shouldn't apply for the march session, but for the October one.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelapia

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:08 pm

@ ALL
sorry to border all of you, I know almost all of you have a background different from mine so may not be interested in my post but I have tried to contact DutchBB privately and it did not worked out...

@DutchBB
Thank you for your advice...
As it looks like you know much more than me on EU may I ask you some clarification?
What do you mean by "contact the units and more information on what they do"? Who would you suggest to contact? 
Heads of Units did not answer to my emails at all while lobbying... 
:-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm

O I see, well my suggestion was to contact someone from the unit you are interested in and ask them about what kind of work they do, projects etc. As you have contacted the HoU already with the intent to lobby, perhaps you could try them again or someone else in the unit because now you are not so interested in lobbying but more in the unit.
For example, if I would be interested in an organisation - lets say a law firm - because I have read about it online or somewhere else and I would consider applying for an internship or a job there I would most definitely contact the organisation beforehand and ask them all sorts of questions that are relevant to me (maybe arrange a lunch or coffee break). I know that the EC is different, I haven't contacted the units in such a manner beforehand and this is for me the first time I have applied. But perhaps you can consider calling the units, because you seem to have a clear mind of what you want. That's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fab

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:13 am

I also got in! I have a question for the present trainees who read this forum: does the traineeship start precisely on October 1st? I am selected for a conference on October 1-2, and I am not sure how would it look like if I asked for a day off on the very first day of the traineeship... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ECandidate

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 am

fab wrote:
I also got in! I have a question for the present trainees who read this forum: does the traineeship start precisely on October 1st? I am selected for a conference on October 1-2, and I am not sure how would it look like if I asked for a day off on the very first day of the traineeship... Smile

Hello,

In our case, it started on the 4th of March, as the 1st was a Friday, so it was postponed to the Monday after. In your case, as the 1st of October is a Tueday, it will probably start on that day. However, the first 3 days are of conferences, to present you the traineeship, the institutions, etc. You are supposed to be present and there's where they give you your badge, a welcome package, you check the documents you need to send with your file manager, etc. But if you really have to skip it, you can probably talk about it with the TO and try to arrange it with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/
fab

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks a lot ECandidate!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schatten

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 am

I am a non-EU and I didn't get any reply so far... Well, I will hope it's a good sign ))) But I'd love to have the answer asap. Can't wait any longer :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karinas

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Waiting here as well...
@schatten,when do u think we gonna get our answers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
schatten

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:11 pm

I think I read somewhere here that last time non-EU had to wait up to 2 weeks longer silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karinas

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Ah,yes!i really hope we get it next week)need to concentrate on finishing academic stuff,but waiting is distracting a lot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minka

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:00 pm

violeta.rustarazo wrote:
Hi guys!
It's the first time I got into this forum and it seems really helpul. At the end, we find support to each other...!
So, I guess everyone are waiting for the official confirmation from the TO! From wednesday will start answering mails...no?
I am quite nervious because yet I don't know if I will enter or not. A week ago, I received an email from the Secretariat-General telling me I was not selected, but that I was selected in the DG EAC. But....I didn't receive any confirmation from that DG, or Unit....so....I am quite nervious about all this. Anyone in the same situation as me?
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Fingers crossed... :-)

Congratulations for all of you guys and thanks for the support to the non-selected candidates like me.

Please, I would like to ask all of you selected by DG EAC, especially "culture part" part of that DG, E Units and similar to tell something more about their profiles and motivations, here or in pm wherever you prefer, as DG EAC do not make interviews and we do not know anything about their requirements. It would mean a lot for future applications and I would appreciate very much.

Thank you very much in advance. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chr_liouris

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Hello fellow trainess and traineeships candidates!

I've been selected by EUROSTAT, which is based in Luxembourg.
Is anyone else selected in Luxembourg?

I guess we will not be that many there, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALEXAN12

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi Guys!!

Do you know how we will receive the placement offer?i mean through email or by post?

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

ALEXAN12 wrote:
Hi Guys!!

Do you know how we will receive the placement offer?i mean through email or by post?

Thank you!!
Someone mentioned that it will be sent by email and you have to return it scanned by email as well, attaching possible docs they request.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlZa

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:24 pm

I got an email with the placement offer - everything is online!
Uffff! The end of my worries!
See you in BXL!!!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimmy.86

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Alright people, last week I got an official mail saying I wasn't selected. I didn't feel disappointed but it did hurt. I almost gave up on this and started looking for other opportunities (PhD, job ...). Then suddenly, out of nowhere. I got a phone call today from a person in DG ENV and Unit for Waste Management (my very first priority) asking if I am still interested in joining them in October. Apparently he will send an email to me and the TO to confirm this. What a turnover. Can it turn over again after this?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlZa

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Wow Jimmy.86! Congrats - what a turn!
Probably this unit got information that it may host a trainee very late, so they had to do a selection process after a deadline. Or their first choice trainee turned down the traineeship offer. 

Anyway this a wonderful piece on news!
Once again congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Jimmy.86 wrote:
Alright people, last week I got an official mail saying I wasn't selected. I didn't feel disappointed but it did hurt. I almost gave up on this and started looking for other opportunities (PhD, job ...). Then suddenly, out of nowhere. I got a phone call today from a person in DG ENV and Unit for Waste Management (my very first priority) asking if I am still interested in joining them in October. Apparently he will send an email to me and the TO to confirm this. What a turnover. Can it turn over again after this?!
Great news congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EleonoraM.

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:52 pm

@Jimmy.86 Congrats Smile I imagine you're over the moon! I don't think they will change it back, you're in. See you in October!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xixu

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi everybody! I'm in too! Will be working at the TAXUD Unit on IP rights. I received the placement offer today! 
Question : It seems that they don't need any training agreement from a University, can someone confirm that point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
violeta.rustarazo

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 am

xixu wrote:
Hi everybody! I'm in too! Will be working at the TAXUD Unit on IP rights. I received the placement offer today! 
Question : It seems that they don't need any training agreement from a University, can someone confirm that point?

I confirm it, xixu! Bye bye university agreements (it is a must for Leonardo stages or other kind of traineeships but not for EC). EC traineeships are for graduates so, they don't need already agreements with universities. And seems they don't need neither our diplomas. Do you know something about this, guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kigeugeu

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 am

I already sent a copy of my degree with the documents we had to hand in in january so i think that should be okay...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaykilmaz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 pm

laurip wrote:
Tebrik ediyorum, skaykilmaz! Ben gecmedim, ama simdi tekrar denemeyi düsünüyorum. Bakalim!

Kendinden biraz bahsedebilir misin? Türkiye Unit'e nasil bir profil ile gectin diye merak ediyorum.

Hey laurip,.. I thought that you would be also in. Since the TO office have considered me more fitting for the dg Home affairs, Asylum unit. My background is totally based on asylum/immigration matters. This unit also deals with the readmission agreements and the visa policy between eu and Turkey. In the beginning I was a bit dissapointed, since my first choice was DG enlargement.. But now its all fine for me...

But I am really curious who they have selected. I contacted them, and they told me that they included me in the short list, but they didnt state any priority for one of us. On the other hand, DG home has given my name as their first choice. Propably thats why they have placed me over there..

Nevertheless, about my background.. I have to master degrees, one in European and international studies at CIFE (bilgi university,berlin, nice) and one in European and international law at Radboud University Nijmegen in the Netherlands (erasmus in Milano/Italy and Yeditepe univ./Turkey). Internships at Ministry of justice, Consulate General of the Netherlands in Istanbul, UNHCR, Helsinki Citizens Assembly,..etc..

Bu zamana kadar staj disinda bir calisma tecrubem olmadi. Belki dil bilgisine bakiyorlar. Ben cok sasirdim aslinda seni neden almadiklarina?.. Kesin bir cevap yolladilar mi peki? Baska unitlere basvurdun mu? @laurip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karinas

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Hey,guys,did any non-EU's heard positive answers from office?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonia1

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:47 pm

karinas wrote:
Hey,guys,did any non-EU's heard positive answers from office?
nope:) you are not alone here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:33 am

Hi guys. Silly question... I sent the TO an e-mail about this, but no reply yet, so I thought i'd ask what you think. I don't have access to a printer+scanner this week, only in the weekend. But is it okay if they receive the documents on the weekend? When they say "By July 1", does that mean July 1 at the latest? Thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   

Back to top Go down

Positive answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next