Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Positive answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Hypoliminion

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Jimmy.86 wrote:
Anyone heard from DG ENV(ironment)? Does all DGs go for a phone interview or some send emails or so?!

I received only one out of office message last week from the DG ENV unit D2, however I lobbied to the units D1 and D3 as well. There was only one personal email from the DG Research and Innovations unit I3 that they will check if they are taking anny trainees in the following session or not.

Does anyone know by chance if DG ENV and DG Research and Development get trainees in October 2013 at all? And if they are making phone interviews or not? There was one person (nickname is Dora19 if I am not mistaken) who got already a phone call from the DG ENV, but I guess from Commissioners office (not any particular unit).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:56 pm

I received an email from DG Research (I didn't lobby there) - so they are considering applicants
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonnenblume

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Hey guys,

Do you actually know when we get the final info email if we got selected? I heard something about the 14th of june, can someone confirm? Legal service chooses their trainees tomorrow (that's what they said in email)

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:41 pm

sorry I can't really confirm anything,but I remember somebody posting in this October thread that he or she had been in touch with the EU office on Stockholm and that they had said/written something about this Monday being some kind of internal deadline for making the final decision. Then mid June could be a realistic time for getting the results , but I bet it's rather gonna be mid to end of June.

Does this deadline mean that the interview period would be over ? What a relief in that case Smile

fingers crossed we get answers sooner than later!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prox_n

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:54 am

sonnenblume wrote:
Hey guys,

Do you actually know when we get the final info email if we got selected? I heard something about the 14th of june, can someone confirm? Legal service chooses their trainees tomorrow (that's what they said in email)

Cheers

Hey there!

What I know from the Unit which take me:

The HR department said, that they can start reserving cvs in the database from today on, that's why most of them are deciding from today on. confirmations, calls and emails can still be expected until the end of june.
In the end of june, candidates will receive a letter from the TO with the contract. if you have not been contacted in june, it is still possible that you receive a letter.

keep your head up high candidates! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am

Is there a way to get the contact information (phone nr/e-mail) of the HR offices of DGs? (EEAS in my case)

Last edited by Elanor on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Contact not contract)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks for sharing this with us. Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:33 am

thanks for that info prox_n.

@Elanor, I don't know where you can find that info. I bet those people hide themselves well right now Wink But what happens if you write an email to that trainee mail-address they gave us in the last mail. Shouldn't that ideally lead to an HR person?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

Ah, good idea. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I just got a call from the EEAS, who contacted me on Friday to tell me that the Andean Countries Division wanted me, that I have already been booked by DEVCO. Shocked And to ask me which I prefer. I'm now trying to contact DEVCO to find out which unit booked me, but can't seem to get anyone on the phone. Lunch break still?? I promised to call the EEAS lady back ASAP bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prox_n

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

maybe a bit late for lunch break... for which unit have you lobbied at devco?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Several, that's the problem. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prox_n

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:39 pm

well, good news is that you have been booked. :-D

you can reach ppl in the office until around 6pm. some still later. but in case you cannot reach anyone maybe you tell EEAS that you don't know for which unit you are booked. maybe she/he can help you to find out - to get a phone number of the HR?!..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
at86

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Wow , I want your problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KS2012

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Elanor, congratulations! Can I ask you if received an interview/email from DEVCO before where they said they were interested in your profile? Or did you just lobby and not get a reply? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks guys! Got no e-mail or phone call from DEVCO whatsoever. Just found out I had been booked by unit G2, and now I have to decide. Quite a luxury position to be in! But it also means for you guys who havent been contacted: don't lose hope!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi all,
I was informally informed that I was the first choice of one unit, which hoped to be able to send me a contract asap and give me a final confirmation.
My question is if you can guess what it means. Why isn't that a "final confirmation"? What problems could arise from the TO? Is that maybe that another unit already "booked" me? But wouldn't they know already from the database?
Thanks for your conjectures! Wink
Btw we're talking about OLAF...which makes me totally happy! Smile
all the best to you too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KS2012

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Elanor wrote:
Thanks guys! Got no e-mail or phone call from DEVCO whatsoever. Just found out I had been booked by unit G2, and now I have to decide. Quite a luxury position to be in! But it also means for you guys who havent been contacted: don't lose hope!

Thanks! I lobbied some units in DEVCO so I was wondering how the procedure is done there. That's good news!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
estrella13

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm

kasparuz wrote:
Hi all,
I was informally informed that I was the first choice of one unit, which hoped to be able to send me a contract asap and give me a final confirmation.
My question is if you can guess what it means. Why isn't that a "final confirmation"? What problems could arise from the TO? Is that maybe that another unit already "booked" me? But wouldn't they know already from the database?
all the best to you too

Kasparuz, as far as I understand another unit can still put you on their list and then the final decision is taken by the TO. There are also other factors TO has to consider, for example the country quota.. This is why the units say they chose you as their trainee, but they can't be sure TO won't make any changes in their preference list..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALEXAN12

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:59 pm

[quote="ALEXAN12"]
ada.s wrote:
ALEXAN12, Yes, i've got an interview from DG Markt from the Task force in the governance of internal market directorate. They said they should make decision the next week.

Ada.s hi!!

Any news from dg markt so far?

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Hello everyone. An update for the people interested in the units I talked about. I contacted both units to hear what kind of work they actually want me to perform. DEVCO has this internal rule that they cannot even describe the work their unit does (a bit odd) and the EEAS unit was very enthusiastic and explained me everything on the phone, she didn't stop talking for 30 minutes haha. So now I decided to go for the EEAS. But they have to negotiate with DEVCO if they can have me, because DEVCO booked me first.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:09 pm

So I guess a lot of units in DEVCO select people based on paper, without contacting them. I just found out by accident because the EEAS wanted me and noticed I had been booked. Good luck everyone!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europe4all

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Elanor wrote:
Hello everyone. An update for the people interested in the units I talked about. I contacted both units to hear what kind of work they actually want me to perform. DEVCO has this internal rule that they cannot even describe the work their unit does (a bit odd) and the EEAS unit was very enthusiastic and explained me everything on the phone, she didn't stop talking for 30 minutes haha. So now I decided to go for the EEAS. But they have to negotiate with DEVCO if they can have me, because DEVCO booked me first.

Wow Elanor this is nice. I'm happy for you. Very Happy Keep us updated if you find out any other news
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Thank you!! I was so surprised when I got the call last week, and even more surprised that another unit was interested haha. I have been looking for work/an internship for so long! And nobody was interested in me for March 2013 haha. Oh well! I'm so excited. Very Happy GOOD LUCK!! Hope you get something too!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Wow! Lucky you, Elanor! Smile But you gave us hope coz apparently some DGs dont prefer interview and rather chose their trainees from the informations they already have.. But any confirmation from them would help me with this agony of waiting and refreshing my email every few seconds Wink

p.s. Anyone contacted from ECFIN, TRADE??
Back to top Go down
Elanor

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks! Yes, it definitely shows that they don't always interview or contact people. And, the EEAS unit did not call me either except for when they told me that they had in fact chosen me. The lady from that unit also stressed that they had only taken into consideration the lobby e-mails they had received. They based their selection on those e-mails. So it definitely helps to lobby!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kasparuz

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm

estrella13 wrote:
kasparuz wrote:
Hi all,
all the best to you too

Kasparuz, as far as I understand another unit can still put you on their list and then the final decision is taken by the TO. There are also other factors TO has to consider, for example the country quota.. This is why the units say they chose you as their trainee, but they can't be sure TO won't make any changes in their preference list..

Thanks for yr comments estrella. I've just been informed that they could reserve me and the TO will send me the contract Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
estrella13

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Great, congrats! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EleonoraM.

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got contacted by unit 2 of DG SANCO and.... I'm IN! cheers

They said I must now wait for the contract to make it official, so maybe I should save all the celebration for when I have it on my hands...

Good luck to all of you! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positive answer   

Back to top Go down

Positive answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next