Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Working day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DutchBB

PostSubject: Working day    Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,

How are you doing? I read somewhere, I think a few traineeship rounds ago, that trainees have 1-2 days off per month. I was wondering whether that is true (probably not)? I need to know because I am planing to get my drivers licence (not in Belgium). Can anyone of the current trainees answer, please Smile

Best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayPol

PostSubject: Re: Working day    Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi! I am also starting my traineeship in October, but I think I can help you. I know where you read this: in the "Rules governing the official traineeships scheme of the European Commission" Smile  Here is the piece you wrote about in English:

Trainees are entitled to 2 days leave per month. This entitlement is acquired pro rata to the months worked counted from the first day of the month. Days of leave not taken are not paid in lieu. Days for trips and visits organised either by the Traineeships Office or by the Trainees Committee, days taken for participation to any competition, exam or university work, etc. are to be deducted from this entitlement.

And here is the link to the rules in different languages (in pdf): http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/rules_en.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Working day    Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks a bunch! I also read the part on official holidays. Does anyone know the official holidays the EC takes into account? See you in Brussels!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DutchBB

PostSubject: Re: Working day    Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm

I found this: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:C:2011:243:0004:0004:EN:PDF

So we have a week off before the end of the year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working day    

Back to top Go down

Working day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1