Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
el.yassmine

PostSubject: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello guys,

I have also been selected for a traineeship in Luxembourg (starts 1st of oct) at the EP

....anyone is still looking for a place where to stay???

I have seen the prices and seem to be a bit expensive,

I would like not to spend more than 500 euros per month for a single room.

If there is someone interested we can look for a flat to share

thanks a lot!
good luck!

Yassmie

Back to top Go down
View user profile
attafi

PostSubject: Re: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:28 am

Hello,

I am looking for accomodation in Luxemnourg as well. I have been selected too for a traineeship in the EP. I am wondering in which departement you are affected amd if you get already your letter of admission. anynews about the housing?

thanks

Med
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minnie mouse

PostSubject: Re: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 am

el.yassmine wrote:
I have seen the prices and seem to be a bit expensive,

I would like not to spend more than 500 euros per month for a single room.

If there is someone interested we can look for a flat to share
The problem is that it's very highly unlikely that you pay less than 500 euro in a flatshare in Luxembourg.

Also, sorry to say that, but it seems to me that you are a bit late if you're looking for accommodation for October now. Best places are booked months in advance.

If you haven't written to WFS and LuxFriends yet, do it as soon as possible, you might be lucky if somebody cancelled. Then you can write to all landlords from the so-called Parliament's list, but again, I can bet the best places are booked.

I wouldn't count on looking for a flat to share with somebody. First and foremost, 90% of flats in Luxembourg are rented unfurnished. Second, landlords that rent big flats are not really into short-term contracts. Nor are internet providers etc. Third, it would be just way more expensive than 500 euro a month per person.

I agree that accommodation in Luxembourg is expensive, but there's no way around it. Except for commuting from Germany...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minnie mouse

PostSubject: Re: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am

And just to be clear - I don't mean to say that it's impossible to find a room below 500 euro. It's possible, such rooms do exist. Only I wouldn't expect many of them to be available at one month's notice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el.yassmine

PostSubject: thanks   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 pm

dear minnie mouse,

you are right I am late, but I didn't know I should get this opportunity to come to lux till the end of august bcs someone just refused and they called me Smile

lucky girl Razz

I think I should pay more, it seems to be the only option!! are you an intern as well?

ciao!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
minnie mouse

PostSubject: Re: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 am

el.yassmine wrote:
you are right I am late, but I didn't know I should get this opportunity to come to lux till the end of august bcs someone just refused and they called me Smile
Unfortunately it's always like that for late selection trainees. And nothing can be done about it Sad

I used to be a trainee several years ago. And just to give you an idea, started in October, and I booked my room in May. I could choose between 2 rooms. There were 10 in the house where I lived, but the other 8 had already been taken (5 months in advance).

I think your options for now are:
- be lucky Wink
- pay more in Luxembourg-Ville
- pay something reasonable in Esch or in a Luxembourgish village (but then accept your social life and weekend mobility will suffer because of bus schedules)
- pay cheaply in Trier / Thionville / Arlon (but well, then your social life will be largely restricted to Trier / Thionville / Arlon. On the other hand you may be able to go to a swimming pool on Sunday, which is not obvious if you live in a Luxembourgish village)
- come to Luxembourg with a car, which makes living outside of the city bearable Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)    

Back to top Go down

accommodation n Luxembourg (are you still looking???)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2013 Traineeship-
Jump to: