Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

CoR Application - Motivation statement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jamesob

PostSubject: CoR Application - Motivation statement   Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi.
I am currently preparing my application for the 2014 CoR Traineeship. I am currently trying to prepare the motivation.

It says on the application that this is to be uploaded and “A personalized, handwritten text is encouraged”. I hope this doesn’t seem stupid but the word “handwritten” has confused me. I would have assumed you wrote it as a Word document and uploaded that but do they actually want a handwriting sample in this case??

I don’t see an answer in the older threads here but would be grateful for any help.

Thanks, James.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lyra87

PostSubject: Re: CoR Application - Motivation statement   Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11 am

I was wondering the same thing... it sounds a little weird, doesn't it?
On the other hand "handwritten" has only one meaning, they wouldn't have used that precise word if they didn't mean it. Also, it says that it is encouraged, not mandatory.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jamesob

PostSubject: Re: CoR Application - Motivation statement   Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 pm

lyra87 wrote:
On the other hand "handwritten" has only one meaning, they wouldn't have used that precise word if they didn't mean it. Also, it says that it is encouraged, not mandatory.
I'd forgotten about my post here. I actually got a reply eventually when I sent a question to the CoR. It is as you said.

"Dear Mr O'Brien,

Thank you for your interest in taking up a traineeship at the Committee of the Regions.

Please note that the Traineeships Office encourages personalized handwritten motivation letter. Although this is encouraged, it is not obligatory. And this is neither a selection criteria.

If you believe that your handwriting is unreadable, then please type the letter.

More important is to delete all data that is connected with your persona, such as your name, picture, signature, address, etc."

The reply was from Directorate Administration and Finance,
Unit A3- Working conditions, Rights and Training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lyra87

PostSubject: Re: CoR Application - Motivation statement   Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:38 pm

jamesob wrote:
lyra87 wrote:
I'd forgotten about my post here. I actually got a reply eventually when I sent a question to the CoR. It is as you said.

"Dear Mr O'Brien,

Thank you for your interest in taking up a traineeship at the Committee of the Regions.

Please note that the Traineeships Office encourages personalized handwritten motivation letter. Although this is encouraged, it is not obligatory. And this is neither a selection criteria.

If you believe that your handwriting is unreadable, then please type the letter.

More important is to delete all data that is connected with your persona, such as your name, picture, signature, address, etc."

The reply was from Directorate Administration and Finance,
Unit A3- Working conditions, Rights and Training.
Thank you for sharing the letter, jamesob.
I think I will make a handwritten copy, but for now I'm still busy thinking about the content of the letter scratch 
The directions say we should include work experience and academic background, but also motivations (general and specific for the three units we chose, I guess). It's not easy compared with the super structured application for the EC traineeship.

Oh, and I don't understand what they mean with "Technical Skills", what did you put in that section?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoR Application - Motivation statement   

Back to top Go down

CoR Application - Motivation statement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1