Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Pre-selection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
BSM



Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:08 pm

I pressume next week..I hope before Wednesday Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aroiamm



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi guys,

I haven't received any email till now for good or bad news and I thought I was not lucky at this time, but today I checked my account and it says "The eligibility check of your application is ongoing"...what??????
Is anyone in this situation? I mean I haven't sent anything to Brussels because obviously I did not receive any mail.
any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EUtrainee



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:31 pm

aroiamm wrote:
Hi guys,

I haven't received any email till now for good or bad news and I thought I was not lucky at this time, but today I checked my account and it says "The eligibility check of your application is ongoing"...what??????
Is anyone in this situation? I mean I haven't sent anything to Brussels because obviously I did not receive any mail.
any thoughts?
Hi!

Same situation for me. But I think this message will appear until they have definitely chosen the candidates for the traineeship of march 2014, or at least, the candidates included in the Blue Book. I think that since 26th november they are checking the documentes of the people who received the positive email on 18th november. Those who have sent on time ALL the documents they have declared to have, will be on the Blue Book and officially pre-selected. And I think this will be the moment in which they will send all the negative emails: for all of us that even weren't asked to send the documents and for those who received the positive email but didn't send them on time or were wrong.

But I'm pretty sure that unfortunately we are not pre-selected this time for the EC. Regarding the EP, no idea because I think that no one has received anything so far.

Hope I have helped you!Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aroiamm



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks for your reply EUtrainee. But I still don't get it because this message should appear for the ones pre-selected ( the ones who received an email on the 18th november), and it's not my case.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maria24



Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi aroiamm, I am in the same situation as you. I didn't receive an e-mail on November, 18 but a week ago 'The eligibility check of your application is ongoing.' appeared on my account. I am not quite sure what does it mean so I sent them a message. If someone replies, I will let you know. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sabrina1011



Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi! I just received an email (really a lot of email) where they say I have a new message in my EC account.. But at the moment I can't check it because there is a problem with the server.. Is anyone in the same situation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smilyfunny



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Confused   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm

So does that mean that everyone with a rejection got a message to check their status online? And those accepted, it was written in the email directly? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
helenam



Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi!

I didn't receive a rejection email on November 18th or in the following weeks either, but I assume I wasn't pre-selected because I wasn't asked to send the supporting documentation. However, I received today an email saying  that I had a message in my account but I couldn't check it out because the server is down. I imagine that happened because everyone who wasnt't pre-selected is trying to access the website. Anyways, I decided to come here to see what the message is about and apparently it's the same for everyone, "process still ongoing" etc. I guess they'll send definitive emails when the pre-selection is concluded and in case of some places are still left on the blue book they will inform us (although I think this is too unlikely).
Last edition the pre-selection process was different and in my opinion, easier. They informed who was and who wasn't pre-selected at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merinz



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi everyone! I received 3 emails

"Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to inform you that a new message has been published in your personal account regarding your application for a traineeship at the European Commission.

Please access your personal account to read this message, and to follow any instructions contained within it."

As you just said i can't check my account Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travisfull



Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Smilyfunny wrote:
So does that mean that everyone with a rejection got a message to check their status online? And those accepted, it was written in the email directly? Sad

Absolutely not. Its exactly the contrary. However, you can check on your personal status.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aouanna



Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Hey guys, how are you today?

I received the exact same 3 emails too. Why 3, I wonder... Anyway, it is still impossible to login. I was looking forward to a "closure" but nooope...so close and yet, so far away.

Travisfull, did you manage to check your status? It seems to me that smilyfunny's theory about rejections etc is pretty possible. What do u mean "exactly the contrary"?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aouanna



Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 pm

All right, it is officially over for me. I just managed to login:


"Madam, Sir,

We regret to inform you that your application has not passed the pre-selection. For more information on how pre-selection works, please see http://ec.europa.eu/stages/ . As you may know, the decisions taken by the pre-selection committees are final and binding. The Traineeship Office does not have the power to amend these decisions except in cases where it can be proven that the committees did not act in accordance with the evaluation procedures. We nevertheless thank you for your interest in the traineeship programme of the European Commission.

If you wish to apply for the next session, we invite you to submit a new application. Registration on our website will open again on the date specified on http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm .

Should you have any further questions, please contact EAC-STAGES-DESK1@ec.europa.eu.

Yours faithfully,

(Signed)
Belén Bernaldo de Quirós
Head of Unit Traineeships"



My best wishes for luck & health to everybody out there! Congrats to the preselected ones! Hope u have a great experience in this traineeship u guys!

Happy holidays to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travisfull



Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Aouanna wrote:
Hey guys, how are you today?

I received the exact same 3 emails too. Why 3, I wonder... Anyway, it is still impossible to login. I was looking forward to a "closure" but nooope...so close and yet, so far away.

Travisfull, did you manage to check your status? It seems to me that smilyfunny's theory about rejections etc is pretty possible. What do u mean "exactly the contrary"?


I meant that everyone has received an email: those who have been rejected and those who have been accepted.
Receiving or not the email is not the key: the message on your personal page is the key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Merinz



Posts : 17
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Sad "we regret to inform you.." Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofianaxos



Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Aouanna wrote:
Hey guys, how are you today?

I received the exact same 3 emails too. Why 3, I wonder... Anyway, it is still impossible to login. I was looking forward to a "closure" but nooope...so close and yet, so far away.

Travisfull, did you manage to check your status? It seems to me that smilyfunny's theory about rejections etc is pretty possible. What do u mean "exactly the contrary"?


I have also received 3 emails and i now managed to log in my account, but there is not any message, just my account information. Am i doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiannaDia



Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 am

Sofianaxos,
look careful, there are 2 mails..
I got one, I passed the eligibility check..
Who knows, should I start lobby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maxoulab



Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-12-10

PostSubject: Date of Start   Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Hello guys,
If we manage to get an offer by January, when can we start? It's March 2014 session, but it doesn't say more precisely. Is it possible to start end of March? (or 1st of April, 2014). I have class till end of march, 2014 i guess i'm not the only one, no? What do you think guys? Thank you very much and good luck to all of us


DiannaDia wrote:
Sofianaxos,
look careful, there are 2 mails..
I got one, I passed the eligibility check..
Who knows, should I start lobby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinhead



Posts : 55
Join date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:55 pm

maxoulab wrote:
Hello guys,
If we manage to get an offer by January, when can we start? It's March 2014 session, but it doesn't say more precisely. Is it possible to start end of March? (or 1st of April, 2014). I have class till end of march, 2014 i guess i'm not the only one, no? What do you think guys? Thank you very much and good luck to all of us


DiannaDia wrote:
Sofianaxos,
look careful, there are 2 mails..
I got one, I passed the eligibility check..
Who knows, should I start lobby?

I know that in practice, the latest they accept candidates is the 16th of the month in which traineeships are supposed to begin. So, the 16th of March will be the last commencent date accepted and only for exceptional circumstances, for example late selections.

In theory, the rules say that people can be trainees for even 3 months only, but in reality no DG will give you a contract that will be less than 4 months and a half,. i.e. commencing on March 16. (Contracts begin and end either on the 1st or the 16th of each month). If you are not planning to come until April, why will they give you a contract beginning on April 1st, when there are plenty of other candidates available much earlier?

Also, if they do give you a contract but you say at the last moment that you are not able to come at the commencement date, but only 1 month later, your position will simply be offered to another candidate or the position will remain vacant, I do know from other people that they are not accepting such a long delay.

So, don't bother if you are not able to start working full-time on March 16 at the very latest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pre-selection    

Back to top Go down
 
Pre-selection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Similar topics
-
» Regional tension enters «OPEC» in trouble selecting the new Secretary-General
» Индекс "направленного движения" (DMI)/CSI (Commodity Selection Index)
» Aluminium companies will run -ALUM is my selection
» Selection of Solar Panels for Your Home
» Hockey Canada names selection camp roster for 2017 world junior championship

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: March 2014 Traineeship-
Jump to: