Share
Go down
anam1985
Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-11-22

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 pm
mihi wrote:
mihi wrote:
anam1985 wrote:For mihi>> I think they made a mistake. It is mid of January.

or maybe your posting a reply from the October traineeship session?

I thought this forum was about helping each other not giving out false information... is this what this forum has come to...I mean...what some people wouldn't do to for the job.......


The email I have posted was received today. I already told you they made a mistake. It not like everyone is perfect. And I was trying to share information with other future trainees on this website. I don't have any intention of giving false information just trying to help.
jacksad
Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-12-11

do not lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:13 pm
I recommend not to lobby, representatives will call you back without that I had lot of missed calls today... One taken
travisfull
Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm
jacksad wrote:I recommend not to lobby, representatives will call you back without that I had lot of missed calls today... One taken

Many other received calls especially because they lobby. So, as you can see, it really depends from your background and from the Unit.
andradaiulia
Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-24

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 pm
"If you are interested in a DG or Unit, you will have spent at least some months working or studying on its field of activities in the past."

Sounds great... in theory... but it is not that simple at all to get a job (a paid one) in your field of study these days. That's what a traineeship should be mainly about. To learn and gain practical experience, that you can use later on in order to a real job.
travisfull
Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 pm
andradaiulia wrote: "If you are interested in a DG or Unit, you will have spent at least some months working or studying on its field of activities in the past."

Sounds great... in theory... but it is not that simple at all to get a job (a paid one) in your field of study these days. That's what a traineeship should be mainly about. To learn and gain practical experience, that you can use later on in order to a real job.

Finally someone made the point!!!
I was wondering If I am the only one that considers an internship something that you can use later. I mean, an internship should not be based on previous experiences, otherwise the philosophy of a trainee vanishes.
vvlv
Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-12-14

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:36 pm
These discussions been here for ages - this is not a traineeship just for experience, they want the best of the best, the ones that can be potential candidates for future vacancies. As you know the average EU traineeship candidate has at least 2 degrees, speaks at least 4 languages and is at least 26 years old. [Previous year statistics]
andradaiulia
Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-24

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:57 pm
There's no point debating that, since we actually know few things about these traineeships (the selection process, etc.). But I am sure that every Unit has its own way of thinking when choosing the trainees. Some choose their candidades among those who lobby, some usually make calls, some don't, and so on... But from the same statistic and trainee' stories you can find online, some already have experience and everything, and others have just graduated and are actually looking for (high level) experience, to "open doors" later on. You can find both cases.

I guess what I am saying is that, since this is a traineeship, nobody should get discouraged. Sorry, I'm tired from my classes at the University -I'm enrolled in a PhD- and nervous about the selection, and your message felt a bit discouraging for me, since I have a different opinion about traineeships in general and what they should really be about.
travisfull
Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 pm
andradaiulia wrote:There's no point debating that, since we actually know few things about these traineeships (the selection process, etc.). But I am sure that every Unit has its own way of thinking when choosing the trainees. Some choose their candidades among those who lobby, some usually make calls, some don't, and so on... But from the same statistic and trainee' stories you can find online, some already have experience and everything, and others have just graduated and are actually looking for (high level) experience, to "open doors" later on. You can find both cases.

I guess what I am saying is that, since this is a traineeship, nobody should get discouraged. Sorry, I'm tired from my classes at the University -I'm enrolled in a PhD- and nervous about the selection, and your message felt a bit discouraging for me, since I have a different opinion about traineeships in general and what they should really be about.

I totally agree with you. I would think differently if we could trace a link between the internship at the EC and the future employment at the EC. But as we all know, there is no link at all since the only way to get in as a permanent employ is through the EPSO competition.
So, in my opinion, there is no reason to require previous experiences in a traineeship.
Sponsored content

Re: To lobby or not too lobby

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum