Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Selection for the blue book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Danisha

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:30 pm

I didn't get a new number at least, so I am presuming so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travisfull

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:32 pm

But it doesn't mention anything like a "blue book" right? Neither a blue book number.
Am I right?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
extralegem

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:35 pm

yeah, and they wrote: "Soon the Commission departments entitled to recruit trainees will search the database containing all preselected applications for suitable candidates. They may contact you for an informal interview" So maybe we will get this numer also "soon"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crismestre86

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:44 pm

On the status of the application it says "Candidate number", so I guess that is the number we have to use
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coffee87

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:44 pm

I haven't taken part in this proces before, but on the stage portal (general) email addresses for the DGs are available - I imagine we are supposed to use these emails for lobbying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eurolawyer

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:59 pm

The Blue Book numbers are both in the email and in the letter sent in the personal account. They are not explicitly called blue book numbers, but there are not any other identification numbers in formal communication.

I guess every pre-identified candidate who had not declared false qualifications must be in the blue book by now...

Coffee87 wrote:
I haven't taken part in this proces before, but on the stage portal (general) email addresses for the DGs are available - I imagine we are supposed to use these emails for lobbying?

Did you receive the letter in your personal ECAS account? The addresses are there.

Last edited by eurolawyer on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HamPP

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi guys,

I got a negative reply, got rejected cause I didnt pass the eligibility check. Appeareantly there were documents missing to prove my declared work experience.
But I dont know how is that possible, cause I did send either letter of recommendation from employers or contracts for all the 3 declared positions.
Does anybody have any explanation how is this possible? Also, I know its a long shot, but is there a way to appeal this kind of non sence decisions?

To all who proceed with no problems, the best of luck Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mariammc

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 pm

HamPP,

Did your e-mail said that you didn't passed or your application did?
I cannot log in, I guess everyone is trying right now, so I still don't know if I've passed the eligibility check!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coffee87

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:06 pm

To Eurolawyer
"Did you receive the letter in your personal ECAS account? The addresses are there."

Yeah those are the email addresses I talked about. But are they supposed to be used for lobbying or just for practical questions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eurolawyer

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:07 pm

HamPP wrote:
Hi guys,

I got a negative reply, got rejected cause I didnt pass the eligibility check. Appeareantly there were documents missing to prove my declared work experience.
But I dont know how is that possible, cause I did send either letter of recommendation from employers or contracts for all the 3 declared positions.
Does anybody have any explanation how is this possible? Also, I know its a long shot, but is there a way to appeal this kind of non sence decisions?

To all who proceed with no problems, the best of luck Smile

I guess you are the only one to know if your declared work experience was sufficiently proven.

Did they specify the reason for the rejection? Or it is your guess? Because if you are suspecting the lack of proof of the work experience is the reason, then you have answered the question yourself.

In any case, I don' t think they will change their mind, unless you send them more documents. And even then it's not guaranteed that they will bother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eurolawyer

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Coffee87 wrote:
To Eurolawyer
"Did you receive the letter in your personal ECAS account? The addresses are there."

Yeah those are the email addresses I talked about. But are they supposed to be used for lobbying or just for practical questions?

I suppose for both but no one can really be sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HamPP

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 pm

To mariammc

There was a message in the server, where our applications are stored.
I was I guess lucky to log in before server crashed.

To eurolawyer

They specified the reason, but I find that explanation unsufficient, as in my belief all the documents were provided, unless they want signed contracts as proof for each position.

I guess they wont bother, but I find it really frustrating that they have this administrative discretion and think there ought to be a right of appeal for the procedure at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucia_roman

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Is the positive/negative answer in the email or you can only see the results via the EC account (which I cannot, as the server has crashed).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jnysg

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Has anyone received an email today that had not been asked to provide documents previously?

I never received an email to say that I had been pre-selected, and there wasn't any indication in my ECAS account that I had been pre-selected, but today I have received an email asking me to check my ECAS.

I haven't provided any documents obviously. If I was pre-selected and Gmail filtered it into Spam, I'm going to be quite upset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mihi

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:08 pm

hi there,
I have a question, sdid any of you get two exactly same email from the same desk? What does that mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BSM

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Guys, since the server is crashed, is there anyone who saved the general emails provided in the letter? Can you be so kind to post them here, please Smile
Otherwise I think some units already know whether they have trainees or not because I got an email from Unit Citizenship and Free Movement, DG Justice that for this session they dont have a trainee.. too bad, I really liked them. Anyway, congratulations to all that are officially preselected  Very Happy  And good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ligalala

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:06 pm

hi! no it is even more frustrating, coz their server crashed! I got the e-mail (actually 2), does it mean I have been preselected?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ligalala

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 pm

mihi wrote:
hi there,
I have a question, sdid any of you get two exactly same email from the same desk? What does that mean?
yes i did. now clue what it means,as I cannot log on to my account...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mihi

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 pm

ligalala wrote:
mihi wrote:
hi there,
yes i did. now clue what it means,as I cannot log on to my account...

I managed to log into my account for a couple of minutes at around 8 o'clock, and I got the message that I passed the eligibility check. I'm not sure if this info helps you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen1990

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:54 pm

It's so annoying. I still cannot access to the portal. Is anyone experiencing my problem? Have you got any tricks to enter???please please please help me!!!and I'll offer you a coffee in Place Luxembourg when our traineeships are starting:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ligalala

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 am

Ellen1990 wrote:
It's so annoying. I still cannot access to the portal. Is anyone experiencing my problem? Have you got any tricks to enter???please please please help me!!!and I'll offer you a coffee in Place Luxembourg when our traineeships are starting:)

i completely understand you Wink I had the same problem,but today its OK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiannaDia

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:04 am

I got the email and I passed the eligibility check..now we must wait for offers from GD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selection for the blue book    

Back to top Go down

Selection for the blue book
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3