Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 DG Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey guys! Did any of you hear from DG Research so far? Did send few lobby emails but nobody replied nor call me til now. Sad  I do have some previous internship experience in the field of 'science and innovation' policy but my studies are focused on international relations. I'd really appreciate any information you might have on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ksenia_M



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 pm

I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vvlv



Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-12-14

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Ksenia_M wrote:
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

vvlv wrote:
Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.

Oh, yes. That's actually the only reply I've got. So should I deduce that the rest are taking..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ksenia_M



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cp2010



Posts : 14
Join date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:12 pm


Hi,

I am also interested in this DG, but I didn't lobby and haven't heard from them. I have a Science background and Directorate F would be the most relevant in my case.

Even from previous sessions I don't think I've ever "heard" anyone mentioning a call from this DG. So I might be wrong, but maybe this is one of those DGs that pick the candidates without doing phone interviews. Or the candidates contacted by this DG didn't happen to visit this forum. Anyway, we'll find out eventually.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aguila



Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Hello everyone,
I applied for Research, I didn't lobby, I have 2 years of experience in lab research at university and some months experience with policy at United Nations, but I didn't hear anything yet… (I studied Biology and Environmental Sciences). Good luck!
P.S. Last year I didn't lobby neither but I got 2 traineeship offers, without interviews, just in my mailbox. (DG Education and Culture and DG Industry about pesticides). (I didn't take them because I was accepted for a job abroad.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina88



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 pm

vvlv wrote:
Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.

Interesting... Did you hear this from the HoU or? I also lobbied directly to HoU but did not receive a reply...  cyclops 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vvlv



Posts : 20
Join date : 2012-12-14

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Lina88 wrote:
vvlv wrote:
Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.

Interesting... Did you hear this from the HoU or? I also lobbied directly to HoU but did not receive a reply...  cyclops 

Message from HoU:
"Thank you for your message and your interest in DG Research and Innovation activities.
We regret to inform you that we won't have any trainee position available in the next run.
We wish you all the best for your selection procedure and future career."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lina88



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm starting to think that the TO should make the effort to publicize some sort of an info sheet explaining which Units don't get trainees... cuz we're obviously shooting blank bullets all over the place... Wink
vvlv thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ksenia_M



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Lina88 wrote:
I'm starting to think that the TO should make the effort to publicize some sort of an info sheet explaining which Units don't get trainees... cuz we're obviously shooting blank bullets all over the place... Wink
vvlv thanks for the info!
I totally support you! It would be better for possible trainees themselves and Units Smile Not to have dozens or even hundreds of lobby e-mails and not to spend out time on writing and sending these letters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travisfull



Posts : 122
Join date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 pm

I agree. Who knows how to open a new tread where we can list every Units that actually don't offer places in March 2014.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.

I haven't had any interview at all and no email. Not even a general one..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ksenia_M



Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.

I haven't had any interview at all and no email. Not even a general one..
Still good luck to you!!!!))))
I have background in political science and sociology with the focus on ethnic minorities and language policy in the Baltic states. Maybe it is too generic, I don't know why I had no calles( And which kind of background do you have?


Last edited by Ksenia_M on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 pm

cp2010 wrote:

Hi,

I am also interested in this DG, but I didn't lobby and haven't heard from them. I have a Science background and Directorate F would be the most relevant in my case.

Even from previous sessions I don't think I've ever "heard" anyone mentioning a call from this DG. So I might be wrong, but maybe this is one of those DGs that pick the candidates without doing phone interviews. Or the candidates contacted by this DG didn't happen to visit this forum. Anyway, we'll find out eventually.

Good luck!

I hope you are right. Anyways, stress levels are running high here..  pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.

I haven't had any interview at all and no email. Not even a general one..
Still good luck to you!!!!))))

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 pm

OK, so my fear is that because I made a very specialized application aiming at DG Research (and got no news so far), other DG's might not consider me, although my profile might be suitable for them too, like DG ENVI or Energy. I'm thinking that I might not be chosen for DG Research because I lack science studies and I've seen there are people with this kind of background applying for EC traineeships.

Do you think I should lobby other DG's in case DG Research doesn't like my background..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DK



Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-12-13

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 pm

I got an offer from DG RTD without a interview (did send a lobby-mail though), so you might be right about them not doing the whole interview-thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bosch



Posts : 22
Join date : 2013-11-11

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm

congrats DK!

and what's your background/experience? you must have done sg extraordinary that you've already been chosen Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annalo



Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:48 pm

I got an offer from DG Research. I had no interview and did not lobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FionaC



Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Brussels

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:11 am

Same here, got an email with no mention of an interview and no lobbying involved (Bosch: my background is in Environmental Engineering and the offer is fully relevant). They asked that we answer by ticking one of 3 options: not interested, interested but still waiting for proposals from other services, definitively interested and will come if selected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andradaiulia



Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-11-24

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:13 am

Do you have any news about the RTD.DDG2.B.5 Social Sciences and Humanities Unit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:33 am

DK wrote:
I got an offer from DG RTD without a interview (did send a lobby-mail though), so you might be right about them not doing the whole interview-thing!


Congrats DK! What kind of background do you have, engineering or sciences? thx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DK



Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-12-13

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:13 am

My background is in science. I wasn't asked to tick of any boxes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am

DK wrote:
My background is in science. I wasn't asked to tick of any boxes.

Thx. That sounds well suited for this DG. I have studied social sciences and my only link to this DG is a seven months internship.. So dont know what my chances are..

For which unit did you get selected btw?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelapia



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Congrats annalo, DK and FionaC.
Were you contacted by a specific Unit or by the general DG research??????
Thanks!!!


Last edited by angelapia on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annalo



Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 pm

I was contacted by a specific unit. However, this is of course not any official agreement, so I'm still not getting overexcited Wink They informed me about what my tasks would include and asked if I'm interested in performing my traineeship there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelapia



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Well it is not an official agreement but it is quite close to a positive news so fingers crossed!!!! Wink  May i ask you which unit is it??????
thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yra88



Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: DG Research   Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 am

Did anybody else hear from DG Research?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DG Research   

Back to top Go down
 
DG Research
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sri Lanka PC House buys Internet research firm
» Peoples leasing IPO Research Report
» capital trust - research reports
» Research report on Peoples Leasing Company Limited IPO
» Piramal Glass - Latest Research Report

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: March 2014 Traineeship-
Jump to: