Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DG Human resources

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
haaryboo

PostSubject: DG Human resources   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 pm

I got a call from DG Human Resources few minutes ago. I don't know which Unit it was but the work was for the European Internal Magazine.
The guy told me that they have until tomorrow to choose their future trainee. I suppose it is the same rule for all units of this DG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamg

PostSubject: Re: DG Human resources   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:51 pm

This selection procedure is all over the place.

The DG HR, apparently, have until tomorrow to choose their trainees. A guy from DG SANCO told me that the e-bluebook database of the European Commission Traineeships Office will be opened for the Commission Units & services to select their trainees in the beginning of January.

It's crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ksenia_M

PostSubject: Re: DG Human resources   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:01 pm

pamg wrote:

The DG HR, apparently, have until tomorrow to choose their trainees. A guy from DG SANCO told me that the e-bluebook database of the European Commission Traineeships Office will be opened for the Commission Units & services to select their trainees in the beginning of January.

It's crazy!
I am a bit confused, sorry for the questions, I applied for the first time, not very goodat all these formal procedures. But I was also wondering how they are supposed to choose the appropriate candidates if they e-bluebook will be open only in January. However, the selection process has been launched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
haaryboo

PostSubject: Re: DG Human resources   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:03 pm

I saw in a previous EC session topic (I think October 2013 but I don't remember well) that some DGs have a kind of priority access to the Blue Book. Maybe it could explain why some of us have already received a call and others not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cp2010

PostSubject: Re: DG Human resources   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:27 pm

pamg wrote:

It's crazy!

I might be wrong and this is only my interpretation but I think it has to do with nationality quotas.

Looking at the statistics from previous sessions, the number of selected trainees is pretty stable for each Country which is unlikely to be a coincidence.
Taking Portugal as an example, the number of candidates has been increasing and varying a lot, from ~150 to ~2500 and yet the number of selected Portuguese trainees has been so far ranging between 17-23.

So say you have 80 Portuguese candidates being the first choice of different Units, the Traineeship Office won't allow for that to happen and sort these situations according to the Country's quota (not sure on what basis).
I guess that's why nothing is official until people get an email from them.

Different DGs may have different selection deadlines and procedures but irrespective of that, at the end, it's in the Traineeship office's hands.

Bear in mind that I can't back up my theory on any official information. It's just a guess, but there's not much more to do now but wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DG Human resources   

Back to top Go down

DG Human resources
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1