Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Area of Interest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
a12345

PostSubject: Area of Interest   Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I was wondering how do you specify the DG unit that I am most interested in working for? In application there is: 'Area of interest' section, but they are very broad and doesn't indicate the DGs.

Good luck with your applications!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucia_roman

PostSubject: Re: Area of Interest   Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:43 pm

You no longer specify the DG(s) you are interested in per se (which is a good thing in my view, especially for those with a specific profile).
The activities listed under each area of interest can be performed in any DG.
If you have a specific profile and a particular interest, use the field where you explain you motivation for your choise of area to specify a particular DG (or several, but i would not go above 3). And make sure you put forward your work experience relevant to those DGs. If you are fond of a particular area of interest as well, try to use as many key-words as possible from the description they are giving you (this is just something I have done and it might have worked).

This is my personal advise: I would not specific a particular DG unless you really really want to. That might scare off other DGs from short-listing you maybe, even tough the work could be equally interesting. I would save my choise for DGs for the lobby period, where you can focus your profile to specific units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a12345

PostSubject: Re: Area of Interest   Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Thank you so much for your help! Interesting points I will take into consideration!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strengara

PostSubject: Re: Area of Interest   Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm

I am applying as well. Thought about it for some time now and now finally I am completing the application. Did you talked in your motivation about your personality or more about your accomplishments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lucia_roman

PostSubject: Re: Area of Interest   Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 pm

I guess it depends on the profile. If you have a rich experience, go for the accomplishments. But even if you talk about your personality, you need to support your statements with real life examples.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Area of Interest   

Back to top Go down

Area of Interest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1