Go down
a12345

Area of Interest

on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:00 pm
Hello everyone!

I was wondering how do you specify the DG unit that I am most interested in working for? In application there is: 'Area of interest' section, but they are very broad and doesn't indicate the DGs.

Good luck with your applications!
lucia_roman

Re: Area of Interest

on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:43 pm
You no longer specify the DG(s) you are interested in per se (which is a good thing in my view, especially for those with a specific profile).
The activities listed under each area of interest can be performed in any DG.
If you have a specific profile and a particular interest, use the field where you explain you motivation for your choise of area to specify a particular DG (or several, but i would not go above 3). And make sure you put forward your work experience relevant to those DGs. If you are fond of a particular area of interest as well, try to use as many key-words as possible from the description they are giving you (this is just something I have done and it might have worked).

This is my personal advise: I would not specific a particular DG unless you really really want to. That might scare off other DGs from short-listing you maybe, even tough the work could be equally interesting. I would save my choise for DGs for the lobby period, where you can focus your profile to specific units.
a12345

on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:52 pm
Thank you so much for your help! Interesting points I will take into consideration!
strengara

on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm
I am applying as well. Thought about it for some time now and now finally I am completing the application. Did you talked in your motivation about your personality or more about your accomplishments?
lucia_roman

on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 pm
I guess it depends on the profile. If you have a rich experience, go for the accomplishments. But even if you talk about your personality, you need to support your statements with real life examples.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum