Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lobbying process

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
alex88

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 3:49 am

Thanks a lot EUtrainee!!! This forum is awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 am

Hello guys,
yesterday I had an interview with head of SG unit: A4 Business Continuity. He called me to explain me what the Unit is doing and if I'd be interested and then he asked me some information about my professional background.
He told me that they are making their shortlist and calling the potentional candidates for the position.
After that he told me that right now he can't propose me directly the position because some commission or someone has to improve it and make the final decision (I didn't understand this procees). Anyway I wrote a follow up email in the evening and he answer me directely, that he would apreciate if I'd accept their offer that will come from the TO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 9:45 am

MarketaCZ wrote:
Hello guys,
yesterday I had an interview with head of SG unit: A4 Business Continuity. He called me to explain me what the Unit is doing and if I'd be interested and then he asked me some information about my professional background.
He told me that they are making their shortlist and calling the potentional candidates for the position.
After that he told me that right now he can't propose me directly the position because some commission or someone has to improve it and make the final decision (I didn't understand this procees). Anyway I wrote a follow up email in the evening and he answer me directely, that he would apreciate if I'd accept their offer that will come from the TO.

Did you contact that unit directly or just the directorate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:02 am

Lidohan wrote:
MarketaCZ wrote:
Hello guys,

Just Directorate and I contacted totally different units. To be honest I don't understand their process...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:18 am

MarketaCZ wrote:
Lidohan wrote:
MarketaCZ wrote:
Hello guys,

Just Directorate and I contacted totally different units. To be honest I don't understand their process...

Did you get in contact with this directorate and unit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 am

Only yesterday I sent email to the unit for Evaluation, Regulatory Fitness and Performance at SG but I got immediate reply that the position is already taken. On Monday, I sent a lot of emails on ECFIN, MARKT and ENERGY but I did not get any replies (unless they informed me about having no trainee positions).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ejkej

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

Hi guys,

Do you have any info about DG Echo? Thanks a lot:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 am

Lidohan wrote:
Only yesterday I sent email to the unit for Evaluation, Regulatory Fitness and Performance at SG but I got immediate reply that the position is already taken. On Monday, I sent a lot of emails on ECFIN, MARKT and ENERGY but I did not get any replies (unless they informed me about having no trainee positions).

I contacted MARK, Legal service, EEAS and SG. EEAS wrote me that they've already choosen another condidate with better mix of skills. Legal service I've already written about that and from SG I got some feedback from Principal Adviser and they informed me that they will make their decision before 23rd of may.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Molina

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 am

Do you guys know when the DG Translation start their selection? Congrats to all who have already got the positive answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeZavala

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 am

law2law wrote:
Did anyone have an interview with DG Trade?any unit.

This is the info I've got about DG Trade:

E1 Unit (USA and Canada) - already had chosen a candidate
C3 Unit (Latin America) - Not hosting
G2 Unit (Chief Economist and Trade Analysis) - Looking for a Trade Economist (don't know if they already got one)
C1 Unit (Far East - China) - Hosting a candidate, don't know if they already got one.

I only had one interview with Unit F3 (Tariff and Non-Tariff Negotiations, Rules of Origin)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
law2law

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 11:39 am

DeZavala wrote:
law2law wrote:
Did anyone have an interview with DG Trade?any unit.

This is the info I've got about DG Trade:

E1 Unit (USA and Canada) - already had chosen a candidate
C3 Unit (Latin America) - Not hosting
G2 Unit (Chief Economist and Trade Analysis) - Looking for a Trade Economist (don't know if they already got one)
C1 Unit (Far East - China) - Hosting a candidate, don't know if they already got one.

I only had one interview with Unit F3 (Tariff and Non-Tariff Negotiations, Rules of Origin)

Thank you for the background. E2- NOT hosting as well.Could you please tell me what kind of questions they asked?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikolina.m

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Just short information for you who have applied for DG Budget.

I had an interview with DG Budget - Unit C3 yesterday. Team leader of that Unit told me that they are sending their shortlist on Monday.

Good luck to us all! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi everyone!
Do you know if all the DGs call the candidates beforehand to say that they are going to shortlist them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nikolina.m

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 1:19 pm

sandra1 wrote:
Hi everyone!
Do you know if all the DGs call the candidates beforehand to say that they are going to shortlist them?

I think so, because they asked me yesterday has any other DG contacted me as well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roller_coaster

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi everyone!

I haven't sent any lobbying e-mails so far as I found so many mixed opinions on that. However, I still haven't been contacted by any of the DGs after being selected in the Blue Book. I'm starting to worry most of them have already selected candidates.. Do you know until when are they having interviews with the candidates? Do you think I should still send lobbying e-mails even though it is a bit late already?

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 4:58 pm

roller_coaster wrote:
Hi everyone!

I haven't sent any lobbying e-mails so far as I found so many mixed opinions on that. However, I still haven't been contacted by any of the DGs after being selected in the Blue Book. I'm starting to worry most of them have already selected candidates.. Do you know until when are they having interviews with the candidates? Do you think I should still send lobbying e-mails even though it is a bit late already?

Thank you in advance!

I don't think that all units have already decided. I started with lobbing also late because I didn't know it was that important (still depends on DG's) so I would send them anyway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarkVHS

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 pm

I sent a couple of lobbying emails on Sunday evening. On Monday I got impromptu calls from the Kosovo Unit and Serbia Unit of DG Enlargement. They both shortlisted me. On Thursday I got a call from the Macedonia Unit. The same evening the head of the Macedonia Unit called me and asked me if I wanted the traineeship. I had decide immediately. I accepted, even though it was not necessarily my first choice.

Lobbying really works. I did not lobby for the March 2014 sessions and received no calls. The calls I received this time were clearly the result of the emails I sent.

Good luck everybody!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slav

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Mark,
Congrats on the offer.
Could I just ask you if the Kosovo unit informed you that you have been shortlisted during the interview or they contacted you later to tell you this?
It is because I had a phone interview with Kosovo unit as well, however they did not tell me anything if I have been shortlisted or not (not over the phone or later). So I am guessing this means they shortlisted other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mms

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Fri May 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Congrats to everyone who got offers. Has anyone heard from DG Connect, EAC or Internal Market (and if so, what units)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petroselinum

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 10:25 am

EUtrainee wrote:
Petroselinum wrote:
Guys, do you have some information from inter-institutional relations units ? (no matter what DG)
Many thanks.

Hi!

I applied (and lobbied) for Inter-institutional relations Units too. Most of them within the Secretariat-General but also from others DG. I have received 2 answers so far. Unfortunately, none of them will have trainees next session.

- DG Competition- Unit A.5
- Secretariat General. Unit B.2

Neither the following ones (not properly Inter-institutional):
-Secretariat General- Unit B.3 (Ethics)
- Secretariat General- Unit A.3 (Written, Empowerment and Delegation Procedure, External Transmission)
- Protocol Service (I know it could sound wierd, but it's my dream "Unit").

How about you?

Many thanks for your answer EUtrainee !  Smile 

As you, I lobbied several units and just received few mails.

No trainees for :
- Secretariat General - Unit B.2 (Institutional affairs)
- Secretariat General - Unit F.5 (Communication adn Liaison with the Representations).

Other mails are just saying that Units are doing their selection and that we have to wait for june or a possible interview.

Possible interviews :
- DG TRADE - Unit A.2
- DG MARKT - Unit B.3
- DG ENER - Unit A.2

Do you plan to re-lobby ?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thaily

PostSubject: ECHO - UNIT C3 - legal   Mon May 12, 2014 11:02 am

ejkej wrote:
Hi guys,

Do you have any info about DG Echo? Thanks a lot:)

hello everyone,

so, I was contacted by the unit C3 (financial and legal) of the ECHO, did lobby for the DG, but not specifically for this unit, this is what they wrote me:

"If you are still available and interested please let me know by 1PM on Thursday, 8th of May, so that I may forward your name (together with names of some other candidates) to our Traineeship Office for their possible consideration. If you are then chosen you will be contacted by the Traineeship Office which is solely entitled to give information about the final selection of candidates, inform candidates on the selection results and to send placement offers."

I confirmed and I received their confirmation ...so I guess and hope I am shortlisted..but there was no interview... fingers crossed..it was my first choice!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sasha89

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 am

Hello,

Did anyone hear from any of the EEAS units?  Rolling Eyes 

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

Petroselinum wrote:

Do you plan to re-lobby ?  Smile 

As far as I know, the pre-selections (shorlisting of candidates) have already been done last week, so it is useless to send emails to units or DGs that you haven't contacted before, because they already have their list of potential candidates. The only thing we can do now is wait to be called.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas04

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great tips!

I was wondering, I seen everyone sent their lobbying emails really quickly and were called very fast as well! I only sent mine late last Monday evening and received a few kind replies and a few automatic ones but no phone calls, do you think I was too late?

I know some Units select you in the end without you knowing anything but I guess I don't have many chances now..

Congrats and good luck to all those who got interviews!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petroselinum

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you for your answer Sandra1 Smile

Do you think that there is a way to know if we were pre-selected or not ? (a mail to the Traineeship Office perhaps ?) I'm starting to worry... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 12:44 pm

thomas04 wrote:
Hey everyone, thanks for all the great tips!

I was wondering, I seen everyone sent their lobbying emails really quickly and were called very fast as well! I only sent mine late last Monday evening and received a few kind replies and a few automatic ones but no phone calls, do you think I was too late?

I know some Units select you in the end without you knowing anything but I guess I don't have many chances now..

Congrats and good luck to all those who got interviews!!!

I don't think it was too late. They had until the end of last week to shortlist candidates, so last Monday must have been fine. Of course it all depends on the different units.
And I also don't think that you should lose hope just because you didn't receive a phone call. If some people answered you and said they were going to look at your CV / consider your application, then maybe you were shortlisted. Some DGs call to make sure that the candidates are still available and interested in getting a traineeship there, but I wouldn't be surprised if some other DGs didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Petroselinum wrote:
Thank you for your answer Sandra1 Smile

Do you think that there is a way to know if we were pre-selected or not ? (a mail to the Traineeship Office perhaps ?) I'm starting to worry... Laughing 
I'm worrying too, and very impatient to know whether or not I will be selected, but I'm not sure if it will help to call them. First of all, do you know who to call ? And second, would they give you the information and would it not annoy them to receive phone calls from impatient candidates? In my opinion, nothing we do is going to change the outcome. If they want to call us for an interview, they will. But other units may have also make decisions without interviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
palua

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 12:50 pm

I don't think all DGs have chosen their shortlisted candidates yet...
At least I just got an unexpected interview from Ecfin, F3 and the person interviewing me told me
that he still had several other people to call. They also haven't called me before so it didn't seem like it was the shortlisted people they called...
Anyway, it was for sure very exciting and exhausting (especially because they asked questions about the dutch economy, which isn't my country)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:01 pm

palua wrote:
I don't think all DGs have chosen their shortlisted candidates yet...
At least I just got an unexpected interview from Ecfin, F3 and the person interviewing me told me
that he still had several other people to call. They also haven't called me before so it didn't seem like it was the shortlisted people they called...
Anyway, it was for sure very exciting and exhausting (especially because they asked questions about the dutch economy, which isn't my country)

Congratulations!
I think that, if they called you, then it means you were among the shortlisted candidates = the few applications that they pre-select and consider seriously. But you didn't know about it, which confirms that they don't necessarily call people before shorlisting them. At least that's the way I understand it. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 pm

The only thing I don't understand: I rang the TO last week to inform them of my unit preference (got shortlisted by a few) and they told me that from today onwards units could book, i.e. reserve, trainees on the Blue Book. That means they can't be booked by other units any more. That would mean that you're pretty much guaranteed a traineeship. But the TO won't let you know before 2 June via email.

The strange thing is that when I contacted my preferred unit today asking them whether they booked me, they just replied saying they shortlisted me and that it's now up to the TO to match candidates with units. He also added that since I told them about my preference, realistically, it should work out.

But it seemed like his hands were tied and he couldn't actually book me himself but had to wait for the TO to do the matching process. It's all a bit confusing. He even said the TO would let me know (I guess he meant the 2 June email) and that I should inform him once they do so. So that sounds like the units themselves won't know before 2 June whether they got allocated a trainee?

If anyone can shed light on this, that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   

Back to top Go down

Lobbying process
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next