Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Lobbying process

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Raluca_M



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm

I'll update the list of units not allocated a trainee with unit D2 - SME Access to Markets from DG ENTR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:28 pm

keenbeans wrote:
The only thing I don't understand: I rang the TO last week to inform them of my unit preference (got shortlisted by a few) and they told me that from today onwards units could book, i.e. reserve, trainees on the Blue Book. That means they can't be booked by other units any more. That would mean that you're pretty much guaranteed a traineeship. But the TO won't let you know before 2 June via email.

The strange thing is that when I contacted my preferred unit today asking them whether they booked me, they just replied saying they shortlisted me and that it's now up to the TO to match candidates with units. He also added that since I told them about my preference, realistically, it should work out.

But it seemed like his hands were tied and he couldn't actually book me himself but had to wait for the TO to do the matching process. It's all a bit confusing. He even said the TO would let me know (I guess he meant the 2 June email) and that I should inform him once they do so. So that sounds like the units themselves won't know before 2 June whether they got allocated a trainee?

If anyone can shed light on this, that'd be great.

That's strange indeed... When you talk about the TO, do you mean the general Traineeship Office or a TO inside the DG that you applied for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:35 pm

The official Traineeship Office. I had a very long convo with my preferred unit when they interviewed me (over 40 minutes) and he stressed the fact that they really don't understand the selection process themselves as they can only say they prefer a candidate but still are at the mercy of the TO, so to speak, when it comes to the final selection.

This doesn't seem to match with what other people here have said how they've already been told that they're going to be booked by a certain unit, so I'm wondering whether only some units can book trainees and others just shortlist candidates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Okay, I emailed the TO and just got this email:

"I have checked and in VBB you are well reserved by EEAC (as far as I can see in the system, by "EEAS.CMPD GESTION DES CRISES ET PLANIFICATION (BRU)").
You should not worry following me. TO stress to modify the reservations only in case when the multiple services are requesting the same person or when the candidate has been reserved by Service1 but then he writes to us with the information that he would like to go to the Service2 who would work with him as well. In this case the TO force Service 1 to abandon and we modify the reservation on favor of the Service2.
It is always the final decision/choice of the candidate what decides."

I am so confused. Does this reservation mean I am pretty much guaranteed a traineeship, and unless I inform them to change the reservation to another unit that also wants me, I will stay with that unit indicated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 1:45 pm

keenbeans wrote:
Okay, I emailed the TO and just got this email:

"I have checked and in VBB you are well reserved by EEAC (as far as I can see in the system, by "EEAS.CMPD GESTION DES CRISES ET PLANIFICATION (BRU)").
You should not worry following me. TO stress to modify the reservations only in case when the multiple services are requesting the same person or when the candidate has been reserved by Service1 but then he writes to us with the information that he would like to go to the Service2 who would work with him as well. In this case the TO force Service 1 to abandon and we modify the reservation on favor of the Service2.
It is always the final decision/choice of the candidate what decides."

I am so confused. Does this reservation mean I am pretty much guaranteed a traineeship, and unless I inform them to change the reservation to another unit that also wants me, I will stay with that unit indicated?

Yes, from what I understand, it looks like you are guaranteed a traineeship with this unit, and the TO is not likely to cancel this reservation. It will only do so if you reach an agreement to change for another unit. So... it looks good for you ! Very Happy

PS: Did you use the contact form to email the TO? Or the blue book email address?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ania



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi folks,

I'm so angry with myself. I've figured out that they must have called me for an interview last Tuesday as i left my classes and while my phone was on the silent mode - basically they called from a private numer and it happened around 5:30 pm, which I didn't expect that late. I'm wondering whether it is reasonable to e-mail the TO, explain the situation and ask whether they could uncover whether anyone booked me or not ;/ I'm feeling like such a fool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EUtrainee



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Petroselinum wrote:
EUtrainee wrote:
Petroselinum wrote:
Guys, do you have some information from inter-institutional relations units ? (no matter what DG)
Many thanks.

Hi!

I applied (and lobbied) for Inter-institutional relations Units too. Most of them within the Secretariat-General but also from others DG. I have received 2 answers so far. Unfortunately, none of them will have trainees next session.

- DG Competition- Unit A.5
- Secretariat General. Unit B.2

Neither the following ones (not properly Inter-institutional):
-Secretariat General- Unit B.3 (Ethics)
- Secretariat General- Unit A.3 (Written, Empowerment and Delegation Procedure, External Transmission)
- Protocol Service (I know it could sound wierd, but it's my dream "Unit").

How about you?

Many thanks for your answer EUtrainee !  Smile 

As you, I lobbied several units and just received few mails.

No trainees for :
- Secretariat General - Unit B.2 (Institutional affairs)
- Secretariat General - Unit F.5 (Communication adn Liaison with the Representations).

Other mails are just saying that Units are doing their selection and that we have to wait for june or a possible interview.

Possible interviews :
- DG TRADE - Unit A.2
- DG MARKT - Unit B.3
- DG ENER - Unit A.2

Do you plan to re-lobby ?  Smile 

Hi again!
Thanks for your information too!
I will not re-lobby. At this point I do think what it's done is done.

I hope the fact we haven't received a phone call so far doesn't mean we are definitely out.

Good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Ania wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm so angry with myself. I've figured out that they must have called me for an interview last Tuesday as i left my classes and while my phone was on the silent mode - basically they called from a private numer and it happened around 5:30 pm, which I didn't expect that late. I'm wondering whether it is reasonable to e-mail the TO, explain the situation and ask whether they could uncover whether anyone booked me or not ;/ I'm feeling like such a fool!

Hi Ania,
I understand your frustration but don't be angry with yourself, it is totally understandable and normal that you had your phone on silent mode during class and after leaving class. People are not available all the time and they should have called you again another day, so it's mostly their mistake. Maybe they still included you on a list of interesting candidates and they'll call again. If you have any idea who called you, maybe you can send them an email - otherwise I don't know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm

It turns out the unit that booked me never contacted me, although I had been interviewed by 3 units and had 1 missed call.

So don't think that you're out of the game.

Then again, I'm wondering whether I should call the unit that has reserved me to find out about my potential tasks because I know for a fact that one other unit definitely wants me as well and the TO said that I have a choice between them - either I stay with the one I reserved or I inform them of the other unit that wants me and then they would force the unit that has currently reserved me to "abandon" me so I can join the other unit.

What do you think? Should I call them? Or would this sound like I'm questioning them? I know, it sounds like quite a luxury problem, sorry, but I just wanted to check other people's opinions before annoying them. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 pm

keenbeans wrote:
It turns out the unit that booked me never contacted me, although I had been interviewed by 3 units and had 1 missed call.

So don't think that you're out of the game.

Then again, I'm wondering whether I should call the unit that has reserved me to find out about my potential tasks because I know for a fact that one other unit definitely wants me as well and the TO said that I have a choice between them - either I stay with the one I reserved or I inform them of the other unit that wants me and then they would force the unit that has currently reserved me to "abandon" me so I can join the other unit.

What do you think? Should I call them? Or would this sound like I'm questioning them? I know, it sounds like quite a luxury problem, sorry, but I just wanted to check other people's opinions before annoying them. Smile

I think it's absolutely normal that you want to get in contact with the unit you are going to work with and that you are curious about the stage. So if I were you, I would call. But in my opinion you should not mention the fact that you are thinking of turning down their offer and going with another unit. Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:47 pm

keenbeans, has anything changed when you log in your personal account, since you were reserved in the Blue Book? Any hint that you've been selected? This could be useful for other people. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Nope, nothing. I think everybody just hears back from the TO on 2 June, whether selected or not. Until then it's just on their database, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartaPL



Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey!

Anyone heard something from DEVCO??
Especially B units....
I sent e-mail to B.3 among others, and that´s the reply:

"Dear Marta,

Thank you for your email and indeed for your interest in our unit and particularly in migration and asylum matters. Unfortunately the migration section does not have the right to a stagiaire during the next Blue Book stage period (this time the DEVCO.B3 stagiaire will join the Employment/Social Protection section of the unit). The Head of Section is Nicholas Taylor, although I am afraid the process of stagiaire selection is already quite advanced."

:/

If you hear something from other units please let us know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 pm

A note of caution: the TO made a mistake with my application, they admitted. As I wrote, I had been reserved in the BB by a unit that I had never lobbied to or been conacted by, and when I called them, they actually said they had chosen someone else (makes sense).

Upon inquiring with the TO, they said this morning all the reservations came in, and they just hurriedly entered all the information, and clearly some mistakes happened. They are in the process of updating the database now, and could confirm that in fact I had been reserved by my preferred unit that had interviewed and wanted me. Just so you know that it's all a bit chaotic, and that the last word hasn't been spoken...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joel1



Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm

keenbeans wrote:
A note of caution: the TO made a mistake with my application, they admitted. As I wrote, I had been reserved in the BB by a unit that I had never lobbied to or been conacted by, and when I called them, they actually said they had chosen someone else (makes sense).

Upon inquiring with the TO, they said this morning all the reservations came in, and they just hurriedly entered all the information, and clearly some mistakes happened. They are in the process of updating the database now, and could confirm that in fact I had been reserved by my preferred unit that had interviewed and wanted me. Just so you know that it's all a bit chaotic, and that the last word hasn't been spoken...

... But it's even better for you, then!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kat227



Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: DEVCO   Mon May 12, 2014 4:19 pm

MartaPL wrote:
Hey!

Anyone heard something from DEVCO??
Especially B units....
I sent e-mail to B.3 among others, and that´s the reply:

"Dear Marta,

Thank you for your email and indeed for your interest in our unit and particularly in migration and asylum matters. Unfortunately the migration section does not have the right to a stagiaire during the next Blue Book stage period (this time the DEVCO.B3 stagiaire will join the Employment/Social Protection section of the unit). The Head of Section is Nicholas Taylor, although I am afraid the process of stagiaire selection is already quite advanced."

:/

If you hear something from other units please let us know!

Hi MartaPL,

Sorry for the delay in reply..to answer this and your previous question: I had the interview from DEVCO R4 (Human Resources).

Last week I wrote to DEVCO A2, C1, G1, G2 and E2 to ask if they are accepting interns in October but have had no response at all! :s

Would also love to know if anyone has heard from any DEVCO units? I would have liked to write to a few more lobbying emails but I was in the middle of moving country and didn't have time... I have also not had any confirmation that the TO can change my contact number on my application profile...That's worrying!

The suspense is definitely building! Good luck to everyone :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ania



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you very much for the calming words Sandra1 Smile I do hope that the final word has not been said yet! Has anyone heard from the Legal service unit or know how many trainees they take?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
etoilefilante



Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Just got a rejection call for DG Enlargement - FYROM. But I was expecting it since someone on this thread posted that they were selected Very Happy fingers crossed for my other one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saar



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Hi Ania, I'm also curious was has Legal Servide decided today! Is French a real precondition for a traineeship in Legal Service?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saar



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Have you heard something about selection in DG ARGI?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ania



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 7:07 pm

I have no idea about whether the knowledge of French is a must for the legal service. I wonder if their selection is in any way country-based.
Hoping I will not have to wait till the 2nd June for the final decision (whether positive or negative)  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.A.G



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi everyone! I too am hoping for a positive call from Legal Service! Good luck to all Very Happy

Just wanted to ask from where did you get the info that everyone will get an answer on 2 June?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissQuin

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 pm

D.A.G wrote:
Hi everyone! I too am hoping for a positive call from Legal Service! Good luck to all Very Happy

Just wanted to ask from where did you get the info that everyone will get an answer on 2 June?
http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm Offers will be send that day (although I've read that in the past it usually takes longer for non-EU people), makes sense that rejections will come that day/the following days as well. That being said, there is also some late selection apparently (when people drop out etc.). We'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.A.G



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Ahhh ok they start sending offers on the 2nd June....Thanks MissQuin! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slav



Posts : 8
Join date : 2014-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 8:40 pm

MartaPL wrote:
Hey!

Anyone heard something from DEVCO??
Especially B units....
I sent e-mail to B.3 among others, and that´s the reply:



:/

If you hear something from other units please let us know!

Hi Marta,

I have been called by DEVCO, B1 unit. They just called me to ask if I accept to be shortlisted. I am pretty sure it was this unit, Governance, Democracy but I am not 100% sure as the guy called me while I was in a crowded place. But I am pretty sure it is.

Btw, I really don`t understand this shortlisting thing. I mean it is great they shortlisted me for two positions (and for one additional I am not sure as they said it was an interview and they have to call others as well). however, there are still big chances I end up without anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elvis4ever



Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello, everyone!
I am a bit confused now. Can we simply contact the TO to ask if we have been reserved by some unit?

I am kind of hesitating if I should write to them. Maybe, they are not really happy about revealing this... But this waiting process is killing me.

What do you think, guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Mon May 12, 2014 11:19 pm

elvis4ever wrote:
Hello, everyone!
I am a bit confused now. Can we simply contact the TO to ask if we have been reserved by some unit?

I am kind of hesitating if I should write to them. Maybe, they are not really happy about revealing this... But this waiting process is killing me.

What do you think, guys?

I was thinking about doing the same. Try it and post results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ania



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 am

One more question Smile What time do they tend to call? Are there any office hours within which they would call the applicants for an interview? Last time they called me as late as 5:30 pm (which I never picked up...). I have a driving lesson this afternoon - and I don't want risking that I won't be able to answer this phonecall yet once again ;/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebee



Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Tue May 13, 2014 10:19 am

Hi! They also called me around 5:30 pm Brussels time (6:30 pm my time). I also did not expect to be called that late Smile


Ania wrote:
One more question :)What time do they tend to call? Are there any office hours within which they would call the applicants for an interview? Last time they called me as late as 5:30 pm (which I never picked up...). I have a driving lesson this afternoon - and I don't want risking that I won't be able to answer this phonecall yet once again ;/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EUtrainee



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Tue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi guys!

Just to upload the information (and make everything more confusing, if it's possible!)
I’ve just received a telephone call from a Unit I lobbied (so I am obviously interested) and where my background and experience could fit well, but it was not the one I selected as my area of interest in the application form.

There was no interview. He just asked me if I had received any offer from other Units so far and if I would be interested in working with them, and therefore if I accepted to be shortlisted by them. But of course, he made it clear he wasn’t in the position to make any promises.

I just can say: THE LAST WORD HAS NOT YET BEEN SPOKEN!

Good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   

Back to top Go down
 
Lobbying process
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dialog Axiata PLC is on the redemption process
» SEC to strengthen regulatory process of Colombo Stock Exchange
» Dialog enters BPO industry
» Margin Trading Approved
» Softlogic explains pricing strategy, growth plans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2014 Traineeship-
Jump to: