Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg

For all past, present and future stagiaires doing their internship in the European institutions
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Lobbying process

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
law2law



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Lidohan wrote:
My friend got offer from DG Connect yesterday. Any news from ECFIN?

When you say got an offer, what do you mean? Did he/she have an interview or they sent just a direct email offering him/her the position? In the latter case did he/she lobby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 pm

law2law wrote:
Lidohan wrote:
My friend got offer from DG Connect yesterday. Any news from ECFIN?

When you say got an offer, what do you mean? Did he/she have an interview or they sent just a direct email offering him/her the position? In the latter case did he/she lobby?

She did lobby on Friday, she got interview and after that offer that she accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
law2law



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Lidohan wrote:
law2law wrote:
Lidohan wrote:
My friend got offer from DG Connect yesterday. Any news from ECFIN?

When you say got an offer, what do you mean? Did he/she have an interview or they sent just a direct email offering him/her the position? In the latter case did he/she lobby?

She did lobby on Friday, she got interview and after that offer that she accepted.

Cheers Smile!! and congrats to your friend!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicBed



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm

some of the units that I know don't take people for this round
EEAS:
Turkey
US Canada Division
Executive Secreatary General
Multilateral Relations
K.2 Conflict prevention, peace building and mediation instruments Unit
others:
REA Head of Sector Security Research unit
G/5 Defence, Aeronautic and Maritime Industries unit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petroselinum

avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Guys, do you have some information from inter-institutional relations units ? (no matter what DG)
Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maud158



Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 3:07 pm

I just got a call from the COMM DG (Europe Direct) and they've put me on their 'shortlist,' which would be send to the Administration if I'm correct. They couldn't really tell me more about when I would hear more, what this shortlist means etc. Anyone more info on what changes you have when you're put on the shortlist? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XantManos



Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 3:13 pm

I cant understand why some EEAS Delegations announce now that they will not offer a traineeship place at this stage.. We should have known which positions would be available in order to adjust our preferences! Thanks all for the information you kindly provide.. I feel incapable to follow the EU traineeship practices.. Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kat227



Posts : 2
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi everyone, I've been watching the questions and commentaries for a while and would like to add my experience. On Monday 5th I received an email from DEVCO R4 unit (Human Resources) and had an interview the next day. They just said they'd advise the successful candidate with an official email after June 2nd.

I also wrote some brief lobbying emails (around 5 so far) to the units that I would prefer to work in (all within DEVCO), mainly to let them know that I am moving back to the UK this weekend and therefore losing the contact numbers I provided in my application. None of them replied yet (OK so it's only been a day)...

I'd love to know if anyone has heard from other units within DEVCO to see which are hiring!

Good luck to you all :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zupa24



Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi all,

FYI DG Justice Directorate D Unit D1 is neither having trainees in October 2014 term
Back to top Go down
View user profile
messi88



Posts : 1
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 4:13 pm

Not accepting trainees this session:

EEAS B1 — Eastern Partnership, Regional Cooperation and OSCE
DG EMPLOYMENT A4 — External Relations, Neighbourhood Policy, Enlargement,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 4:31 pm

So another day gone and I still did not receive anything apart from Units for Financial Conglomerates and Analysis of Euro Area economy saying that they do not offer any internships in this cycle. This will be a great weekend of anxious waiting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartaPL



Posts : 24
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Kat227 wrote:
Hi everyone, I've been watching the questions and commentaries for a while and would like to add my experience. On Monday 5th I received an email from DEVCO R4 unit (Human Resources) and had an interview the next day. They just said they'd advise the successful candidate with an official email after June 2nd.

I also wrote some brief lobbying emails (around 5 so far) to the units that I would prefer to work in (all within DEVCO), mainly to let them know that I am moving back to the UK this weekend and therefore losing the contact numbers I provided in my application. None of them replied yet (OK so it's only been a day)...

I'd love to know if anyone has heard from other units within DEVCO to see which are hiring!

Good luck to you all :-)

Hey!

I guess you´re the lucky one to hear from DEVCO.

I´ve lobbied 5 units (3 Bs and 2Gs) and heard nothing back so far...Sad

Could you tell us which units did you lobby?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 5:01 pm

MD IV North Africa, Middle East, Arabian Peninsula, Iran and Iraq Mingarelli: decision on 8th of May and trainees' office will inform us after july 15th

Secretariat General Unit D4: no trainees for october session
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suzan



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Hej guys!

So this is the info I have:
Units that have already chosen their trainee:

- JUST D4
- CNCT B3
- EEAS Global issues

Not having trainee this October:
- JUSTC2

Just got a call from DG ENERGY Energy Efficiency saying they are in the process of shortlisting candidates, I guess it may be more general for DG Energy. Several DGs from what I heard are not offering a place but simply checking availability and preparing shortlists to submit tomorrow.

Somebody heard from ECHO or EMPL B4?

Good luck guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:00 pm

suzan wrote:
Hej guys!

So this is the info I have:
Units that have already chosen their trainee:

- JUST D4
- CNCT B3
- EEAS Global issues

Not having trainee this October:
- JUSTC2

Just got a call from DG ENERGY Energy Efficiency saying they are in the process of shortlisting candidates, I guess it may be more general for DG Energy. Several DGs from what I heard are not offering a place but simply checking availability and preparing shortlists to submit tomorrow.

Somebody heard from ECHO or EMPL B4?

Good luck guys!

What did they ask you during the call at DG Energy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Had 3 interviews today (2 ECHO, 1 EEAS). I'm exhausted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suzan



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:06 pm

The expected questions: why that unit, things related to my current job in this sector, whether I'm familiar with EU regulations, why should I be the right candidate etc..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suzan



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi keenbeans can I ask you which units at ECHO?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelapia



Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:22 pm

@ Lidohan:

do you know which unit of DG CONNECT offered the position to your friend???

@ all:

did you get any news from DG research?? I have received a call to check my availability but i think i have messed up everything as I was trying to give info about my self etc and I am not sure they wanted it!!! :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saar



Posts : 11
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:50 pm

angelapia I had such a call yesterday from another DG and I was also trying to talk about myslef...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Legal service: "The Legal Service for transparency and equality reasons disposes an internal committee composed of representatives of all member states who select the trainees. The Committee does not accept any lobbying and does not meet any candidates. It takes its decisions based only on the CV of the candidates as these figure in the Blue Book data base.

Our Committee will be meeting on 12 of May 2014. After this date and only if you have been selected by the Committee you will be contacted by our Coordinator."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suzan



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:11 pm

@MarketaCZ

Thanks for sharing this! That's a badass answer, I kind of like them Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm just wondering if they will make a selection just from the candidates who put Legal service as a first choice or even from others. Unfortunately I put as my first choice external relations but my profil is matching with legal area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 pm

MarketaCZ wrote:
I'm just wondering if they will make a selection just from the candidates who put Legal service as a first choice or even from others. Unfortunately I put as my first choice external relations but my profil is matching with legal area.

Actually how did you declare what is your first choice? In the motivation texts or it was possible to check some box with DGs or unites?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Also Financial markets and infrastructures unit at DG for Economic and Financial Affairs is not accepting trainees in this round...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Lidohan wrote:
MarketaCZ wrote:
I'm just wondering if they will make a selection just from the candidates who put Legal service as a first choice or even from others. Unfortunately I put as my first choice external relations but my profil is matching with legal area.

Actually how did you declare what is your first choice? In the motivation texts or it was possible to check some box with DGs or unites?

Well in the application "area of interest"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lidohan



Posts : 23
Join date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Also Financial markets and infrastructures unit at DG for Economic and Financial Affairs is not accepting trainees in this round...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keenbeans



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Does the EEAS belong to the most prestigious/coveted spots amongst trainees/the European Commission as a whole? I know it's a separate entitiy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarketaCZ



Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

MarketaCZ wrote:
Lidohan wrote:
MarketaCZ wrote:
I'm just wondering if they will make a selection just from the candidates who put Legal service as a first choice or even from others. Unfortunately I put as my first choice external relations but my profil is matching with legal area.

Actually how did you declare what is your first choice? In the motivation texts or it was possible to check some box with DGs or unites?

Well in the application "area of interest"

"Le Service juridique attache une grande importance à votre motivation et privilégie les candidat(e)s ayant marqué leur première préférence pour le Service juridique"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
suzan



Posts : 14
Join date : 2014-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   Wed May 07, 2014 10:02 pm

keenbeans wrote:
Had 3 interviews today (2 ECHO, 1 EEAS). I'm exhausted.

Hej keenbeans!Could I ask you which ECHO units called you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lobbying process   

Back to top Go down
 
Lobbying process
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dialog Axiata PLC is on the redemption process
» SEC to strengthen regulatory process of Colombo Stock Exchange
» Dialog enters BPO industry
» Margin Trading Approved
» Softlogic explains pricing strategy, growth plans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg :: Traineeship in the EC :: October 2014 Traineeship-
Jump to: